Sponsored

Might be a stupid question...but Ford roof rails vs aftermarket...will want to remove roof

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This may be a silly question, however I opted to not get roof rails from Ford on my 2dr in order to keep it easy to remove the roof panels. Now I'm looking for trailer hitch mounted racks for bikes, skis and snowboards and am only having luck with bikes.
Can I buy a roof rail system from say Yakima or Thule? Has anyone gone this route and can recommend or describe ease/lack of ease of roof panel removal with them on?
I'd prefer to put everything on the back, but haven't found a solution yet.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is no roof rail system that allows for the front AND middle sections to be removed. Quite a few companies sell "half racks" that only cover the rear section, but none of them have a nice finished look like Thule or Yakima products - annoyingly, neither company makes anything specific for Bronco yet. Valkyrie off-road does make a set of crossbars for the rear section if you don't mind their look. Pretty insane there aren't more options available yet from the big cargo brands.

mtnryder56

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150 SCREW FX4, Bronco 4dr Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
check Out Valkyrie. Their 4 door full roof rack supposedly allows the front 2 pieces to be removed without removing the rack. Yakima does make a ski/snowboard attachment for one of their hitch bike racks. If you google hitch ski rack it should come up. I’ve seen it on Teslas a good amount last winter.

OP
OP
SeanMTX

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@mtnryder56 @Bronkin66

Thank you both! I'm checking out the Yakima now and that 2dr roof rack looks rad with the Rotopak and Molle attachments.

Appreciate the heads up!

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RCI and Trailrax have racks that allow for the removal of front and middle pannels on the 4 door but I’m not sure about the 2 door. There may be others.

This is a solution that I saw someone else post that might be worth considering if you’re not looking at putting too much weight on top. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-for-the-summer-post-yours.72097/post-1921172 I’ve used these types of rails on several truck caps with good success. I’m considering this setup whenever by bronco gets built
Sponsored

Last edited: