Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking to add roof rack to my 2023 wildtrak, what is the best aftermarket roof rack? Any recommendations? Or anyone selling OEM roof racks/bars
Sponsored

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the ZRoadZ for over a year, and am replacing it with the TrailRax TRMR this weekend.

The ZRoadZ rack has good functionality, is really rather strong, and the quality of build is very good.

I am changing because I need the extra width the rails of the TRMR provide, and appreciate the additional PakRacks on the side and higher weight tolerance. That it comes with a wind deflector is an additional plus.

Also, I'm also in WA and have a ZRoadZ 4dr rack with lights for sale....

Last edited:

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best at what?

"Best" is subjective.

Do you have a 2-door or 4?

I have a 2-door OEM I'd sell and am in WA.

OP
OP
Mena541

Mena541

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had the ZRoadZ for over a year, and am replacing it with the TrailRax TRMR this weekend.

The ZRoadZ rack has good functionality, is really rather strong, and the quality of build is very good.

I am changing because I need the extra width the rails of the TRMR provide, and appreciate the additional PakRacks on the side and higher weight tolerance. That it comes with a wind deflector is an additional plus.

Also, I'm also in WA and have a ZRoadZ 4dr rack with lights for sale....
Can you send pics? Location? Price

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of shots, I DMed a couple more.

Note the ZRoadZ rack DOES let you remove the forward panels, even withthe iKamper ExoShell 270 awning attached (not for sale).

I am in Federal Way

20220526_171923.jpg

20230603_155610.jpg

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a highly subjective question.

My opinion?? TrailRax

I got mine from Bronco Nation's store (BN members get a discount). But @TrailRax is a sponsor of Bronco6G and I think they have a discount code floating around here.

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket roof rack? 1686250341290

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket roof rack? 1686250361829

OP
OP
Mena541

Mena541

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is a highly subjective question.

My opinion?? TrailRax

I got mine from Bronco Nation's store (BN members get a discount). But @TrailRax is a sponsor of Bronco6G and I think they have a discount code floating around here.

1686250341290.png

1686250361829.png
I’ll check em out

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the low down:

No rack is going to legally increase the dynamic/static load capacity rating of the Bronco roof, no matter what aftermarket manufacturers claim. The dynamic capacity is around ~150-160lbs (including the rack itself). If you overload your roof, you run the risk of cracking the fiberglass (see Jeep forums as evidence).

That said, I bought the ZroadZ rack and it’s great. Imo it looks the best and is a very low profile flat top design, but still allows panels to be removed. The OEM rack also looks good, and is the lightest, but is made of more plastic than I preferred.

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket roof rack? IMG_1371

Last edited:

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is the low down:

No rack is going to legally increase the dynamic/static load capacity rating of the Bronco roof, no matter what aftermarket manufacturers claim. The dynamic capacity is around ~150-160lbs (including the rack itself). If you overload your roof, you run the risk of cracking the fiberglass (see Jeep forums as evidence).

That said, I bought the ZroadZ rack and it’s great. Imo it looks the best and is a very low profile flat top design, but still allows panels to be removed. The OEM rack also looks good, and is the lightest, but is made of more plastic than I preferred.

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket roof rack? IMG_1371
I have to kindly disagree. The secret is not putting the weight on the fiberglass period. That’s how the RAKET roof rack (and it’s free standing design) helps alleviate pressure on the roof.

DSC_0310.jpeg

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking to add roof rack to my 2023 wildtrak, what is the best aftermarket roof rack? Any recommendations? Or anyone selling OEM roof racks/bars
If you’re still looking, check out www.raketdesigns.com for a lightweight, removable roof rack.

Sponsored

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to kindly disagree. The secret is not putting the weight on the fiberglass period. That’s how the RAKET roof rack (and it’s free standing design) helps alleviate pressure on the roof.

DSC_0310.jpeg
Yeah, I suppose alternative mounting designs may theoretically increase structural support. But technically the key word is “legal” capacity. Ford (and possibly even your insurance) aren’t going to cover anything if that aftermarket rack fails, flies off the roof during emergency stops, or cracks your fiberglass. Many manufacturers cover themselves under statements like: “off-road use only”. Ultimately you use at your own risk, which is fine by me.

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, I suppose alternative mounting designs may theoretically increase structural support. But technically the key word is “legal” capacity. Ford (and possibly even your insurance) aren’t going to cover anything if that aftermarket rack fails, flies off the roof during emergency stops, or cracks your fiberglass. Many manufacturers cover themselves under statements like: “off-road use only”. Ultimately you use at your own risk, which is fine by me.
Just like everything else out there right?

FFF

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best at what?

"Best" is subjective.

Do you have a 2-door or 4?

I have a 2-door OEM I'd sell and am in WA.
Do you still have this OEM roof rack for sale for the 2 door?
Sponsored