Sponsored

Minimalist Jack Upgrades (Raptor and Non-Raptor)

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've only had to jack up my prior rig (4Runner) twice off roading. The factory jack, up on a flat support rock, was arduous but workable. I'm wondering if there is an upgraded solution from the Raptor factory jack that remains fairly minimalist while still being an upgrade?

1. Who has used the factory Raptor jack (I know - I should be familiar with my gear before needing it...)? Does it have adequate stroke for axle, diff, frame and for front and rear? Will it actually work off road or is it a flat/pavement solution only? Is a plastic jack baseplate a good upgrade, brand/model?

2. Without going to a bulky wheeled floor jack or Hi-Lift, etc. is there a compact, rugged, long throw upgrade option (hydraulic bottle maybe)? I'm very space constrained/conscious. Again maybe something that has enough throw for most points one might need to jack all around the vehicle? Any one actually take some measurements on the Raptor to know what stroke is needed to cover a variety of situations?

This is mostly Raptor focused, but feel free to discuss upgrades/solutions for non-Raptors as well. Figured I'd get more and better responses in the General forum section rather than Raptor only.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked this up from another thread. @popo_patty is lifted and apparently this is now his “go to?”

A lot of people swear by the off-road floor jacks. I bought a badlands to see the hype. Just wasn’t impressed honestly, sure it’s a great Jack and works in a variety of terrain. But it’s just sooo heavy and expensive and takes up so. Much. Room.

I got the power built bottle Jack, it’s safe, light, jacks up really high and has built in Jack stand as well. Used that, hi-lift and badlands off-road Jack. I prefer the power built bottle Jack now. It works on my lifted bronco just fine.

https://motleyind.com/products/3-ton-all-in-one-jackstand-bottle-jack?_pos=1&_sid=a2b833725&_ss=r
Doesn’t address your raptor specifics but may be an option

Last edited:

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been looking at this jack:
VEVOR Air Jack, 3 Ton/6600 lbs Triple Bag Air Jack, Airbag Jack with Six Steel Pipes, Lift up to 17.7 inch/450 mm, 3-5 s Fast Lifting Pneumatic Jack, with Side Handles for Car, Garage, Repair (Red)
I just don't know if it will work with an AMP compressor.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

EriktheCarbonizedGray

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

EriktheCarbonizedGray

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Agua Caliente

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For minimalist I carry a 2-ton bottle jack (5 lbs) and some scrap blocks 4x4 lumber.
The factory scissors jack is lousy

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been rock crawling for most of my adult life (30+ years but not any sort of professional). Everything from stockish street vehicles to purpose built buggies. For the entirety of that time I carried a bottle jack and 4x4 block of wood. Is it sexy- no- it just flat works (up to 44" tires for me). Simple usually is better.

I have a couple of hi-lift jacks as well. One on my pavement princess '75 Bronco and I have one on my crawler as well. Its a great all-around utilitarian piece of equipment, but it's impractical for storage.

I have seen high degrees of success with scissor jacks, with or without additonal blocks of wood. You have to be careful here too- sometimes they fold in off-cambe loading situations.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have some additional measurements (for Raptor). If one only needs to get a single wheel off the ground for changing, strokes are of course much smaller with alternative/non-standard jack placements.

LocationMax Jack HeightRequired Lift
Frame14"10"
Front Lower A-arm10"2"
Rear Axle14.5"2"
Rear Shock Mount Bottom8"3"

I'm shopping for a single or dual stroke 4 ton bottle with a few accessories.
Sponsored

Last edited: