Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"People here think they need 4wd to get through snow."

huh?.....doin' what I did for 39 yrs I HAD to get to work(PhillyFD) no excuses or be suspended .

8 mile commute each way thru heavy snow

plus I surf fish.....

4x4 is a must
I always just used my Mustangs to get through the snow. No problem. There used to be an occasional pucker factor on icy days when I was driving 80s Mustangs, but no serious issues. And modern Mustangs are super easy to drive in the snow.

4wd can be fun for ripping around in the snow, offroad, etc. and you can accelerate faster with a 4wd vehicle than 2wd, but definitely not needed to commute IMO. I'm not going to knock anyone for liking what they like, though.
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am originally from New England, and i always laugh when it snows and people with 4wd think they can do anything because they have 4wd. It helps you go, but doesnt do a damn thing to help you stop. Its all about driving to your, and your vehicles limits in the environment you are in!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am originally from New England, and i always laugh when it snows and people with 4wd think they can do anything because they have 4wd. It helps you go, but doesnt do a damn thing to help you stop. Its all about driving to your, and your vehicles limits in the environment you are in!
Exactly I went off the road on the I-15 on Christmas night this year and I was in 4wd with almost new ATs going about 50mph, 4wd doesn't do s*** when the whole highway is pure ice. Also why I will also buy a Ford the Chevy in front me flipped and I did not
Sponsored