First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So after procrastinating for over a year I decide to pull the trigger and sign up myself and boys for the Off Roadeo in TX on 8/10, then at 6am on 8/11 I get email with special offer of $150 off for each guest registered.

I figured ok I'll just call this morning and see if I can get the offer extended to the reservation I made less than 24hrs before this went out.
Well guess what I am đź’© out of luck.

I then asked if I could cancel and start a new reservation and they tell me that I would forfeit my registration fees because I'm only 42 days out from event.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so any luck getting results?
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't need a guest, but are you aware that while you pay for a guest, they don't get to drive on their own, they ride in your Bronco and you divide the driving time between the two or three of you, if you have a third like some did? I think this is a crappy deal, you pay more for a guest(s) so you can drive less. Yes, they feed them and for this reason they should charge a nominal fee, it's catered for lunch and dinner, so $50 maybe $75 would be OK.

But paying $150 or more, so you can drive less is a pretty crappy deal in my opinion. I thought it was more when I went and people were paying $250 to bring a guest, maybe that's the "deal" you're referring to. But paying to get less seat time? I may be selfish in that way, but if I'm paying for a guest, I want them to have their own time and I still get mine. We shouldn't have to pay that much to get less.

A few of the people brought two guest were spitting their seat time between three people and they paid for the privileged and lost time for themselves. Most weren't happy about this.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This 👆
The cost of a guest for the Raptor O-R is $1,000.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion: They should've given you the discount when you called. That's the reputable thing to do; not giving it and doing the "within 60 days" jive just means they don't really care except to get that cash. I would note the guides are pretty excellent and do care, don't take it out on them.

Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help? :ROFLMAO:

You'll have fun (see if you can get in Ace's group). Also get there early so you can get in the early group (hopefully) and pick your ride. The food is pretty standard banquet fare, although I found the littles deserts at dinner excellent.

However, it's really too expensive. And do NOT stay at the resort that's tied to it; it's a money trap. The invoice/receipt from the resort is a case study in obfuscating the total cost. When I asked the desk guy at checkout to explain it to me, he stonewalled and literally called the next person. Oh by the way, the guy who owns the resort is also 50/50 partners in the Gray Wolf Lodge and owns the land it's held on.

The resort is mildly convenient (you save about 20m as opposed to driving from Llano), but try not to be fooled.

If I could do it again, I would've stayed in Llano, which isn't that far and you can get a room nearer $100 that $300.

Last edited:

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck, I probably sound like a broken record, my bronco literally had to go in the shop on the way to it (delayed our trip). I was SOL on any type of refund (6 bills for me and the wife). Off-rodeo says to bad...not affiliated with Ford...Ford says...to bad not affiliated with off-rodeo. I wrote a letter to Ford requesting my money from them that Ford paid for my attendance....crickets.

It really tainted my "Bronco Experience". It's about one thing and one thing only...making a buck.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t it $495 for a non-driving guest and $695 otherwise?

Overall, yes a major rip off - but, I’m still glad I did it. Learned a few tidbits about the Bronco and secured the idea that it’s manual or bust for me. “Driving” an automatic is just that. Automatic. It proved to me that the machine does 75% of the work. The other 25% is the spotter. Guests that have never driven off of pavement (which was me 2 years ago) were climbing ledges and traipsing through mud holes without effort. Kudos to the engineers, but I didn’t buy a Tesla for a reason. I like to drive.

That being said, it depends on who you talk to. Most of the employees that are dealing with reservations are just playing by the rule book. I had to postpone our date and when all was said and done - they even waived the $50 fee. I got my $150 owner refund the next day as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TKD27

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So after procrastinating for over a year I decide to pull the trigger and sign up myself and boys for the Off Roadeo in TX on 8/10, then at 6am on 8/11 I get email with special offer of $150 off for each guest registered.

I figured ok I'll just call this morning and see if I can get the offer extended to the reservation I made less than 24hrs before this went out.
Well guess what I am đź’© out of luck.

I then asked if I could cancel and start a new reservation and they tell me that I would forfeit my registration fees because I'm only 42 days out from event.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so any luck getting results?
Luckily my guest are under 18 so I won't have to split seat time with them.

OP
OP

TKD27

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My opinion: They should've given you the discount when you called. That's the reputable thing to do; not giving it and doing the "within 60 days" jive just means they don't really care except to get that cash. I would note the guides are pretty excellent and do care, don't take it out on them.

Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help? :ROFLMAO:

You'll have fun (see if you can get in Ace's group). Also get there early so you can get in the early group (hopefully) and pick your ride. The food is pretty standard banquet fare, although I found the littles deserts at dinner excellent.

However, it's really too expensive. And do NOT stay at the resort that's tied to it; it's a money trap. The invoice/receipt from the resort is a case study in obfuscating the total cost. When I asked the desk guy at checkout to explain it to me, he stonewalled and literally called the next person. Oh by the way, the guy who owns the resort is also 50/50 partners in the Gray Wolf Lodge and owns the land it's held on.

The resort is mildly convenient (you save about 20m as opposed to driving from Llano), but try not to be fooled.

If I could do it again, I would've stayed in Llano, which isn't that far and you can get a room nearer $100 that $300.
Thanks for the heads up on the resort, I was going to stay there but now thinking I'll stay in Austin even though it's a long drive. I couldn't get hotel in Llano day I am going.

brettly

Black Diamond
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond,1990 K1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up on the resort, I was going to stay there but now thinking I'll stay in Austin even though it's a long drive. I couldn't get hotel in Llano day I am going.
I stayed in Marble Falls which is about 15 minutes from the Off Roadeo. Not sure about availability for when you're going, but it's another good and much less expensive option than the affiliated resort.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn’t it $495 for a non-driving guest and $695 otherwise?
I was told $400 and $495 for Moab when I called and signed up earlier today.

The Off-Roadeo charges are minor compared to paying for a hotel room in Moab. :confused:
Sponsored