cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Booked for the end of February. Do you know if any of these guys also work for private companies that do guided tours? Looking to do some wheeling outside of the Off Roadeo in my Bronco. Checking out guided off road tours and would like to book with who ever the Bronco off roadeo people work with.
I really don’t know but you could call them or the lodge.
Sponsored

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Booked for the end of February. Do you know if any of these guys also work for private companies that do guided tours? Looking to do some wheeling outside of the Off Roadeo in my Bronco. Checking out guided off road tours and would like to book with who ever the Bronco off roadeo people work with.
The Off Roadeo guides are contracted to the operator of the event, which is contracted to Ford. There are a few of them, so they likely are not all working every day. One of the two guides on the day I attended was new to Moab. The other had been there before, was a Utah native, and had some other local experience.

The question is "what do you want in a guide?" Do you want to get into a tour group, or have someone in our vehicle with you? There are quite a few off road tour companies in Moab. I checked them out and was about to book https://www.xtreme4x4tours.com, but they didn't offer the tour I wanted on the day I wanted to go. It sounds like they were short staffed on guides. They do offer guide service. It's not cheap.

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did the Rodeo in Moab in October and had a great time. I recommend renting a Jeep from Jenn's Jeeps and hitting some trails yourself. This will give you a direct comparison between the Jeep and Bronco. We did the Shafer trail, Gemini Bridges and Tower Arch in one long day. We did a sunset tour on the Moab Mega Buggy on our last evening in Moab. The Mega Buggy ride was the highlight of our trip..... trust me you don't want to miss the chance to ride in this beast.

megabuggy.jpg

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Off Roadeo guides are contracted to the operator of the event, which is contracted to Ford. There are a few of them, so they likely are not all working every day. One of the two guides on the day I attended was new to Moab. The other had been there before, was a Utah native, and had some other local experience.

The question is "what do you want in a guide?" Do you want to get into a tour group, or have someone in our vehicle with you? There are quite a few off road tour companies in Moab. I checked them out and was about to book https://www.xtreme4x4tours.com, but they didn't offer the tour I wanted on the day I wanted to go. It sounds like they were short staffed on guides. They do offer guide service. It's not cheap.
Just to get into a group, follow someone who knows the area and difficulties and familiar with the trails and obstacles.

I was looking at that one too.

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! 22367367-F529-436C-BB55-D0813A1E76B4

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I attended Moab Off-Rodeo (and it was really really good!) and I connected with the following gentlemen, he is one of the guides, is a super nice person and has off-road recovery services in the area. He knows what he is talking about! Please, if you don't mind, tell him Thomas from Durango referred you, thanks much
His name is Kelly Shaw of CO4X4MR tel xxxx

Now one more thing, if you want to book him for a private guided tour, I would like to join you and share the cost, if I can get my BD in time (should arrive in 3 weeks).

let me know!
Thomas

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended Moab Off-Rodeo (and it was really really good!) and I connected with the following gentlemen, he is one of the guides, is a super nice person and has off-road recovery services in the area. He knows what he is talking about! Please, if you don't mind, tell him Thomas from Durango referred you, thanks much
His name is Kelly Shaw of CO4X4MR tel 907 460 0199

Now one more thing, if you want to book him for a private guided tour, I would like to join you and share the cost, if I can get my BD in time (should arrive in 3 weeks).

let me know!
Thomas
Thanks! I am want to book a tour for February 25th. I’ll call tomorrow and talk to him about it. I’ll keep you posted.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did the Rodeo in Moab in October and had a great time. I recommend renting a Jeep from Jenn's Jeeps and hitting some trails yourself. This will give you a direct comparison between the Jeep and Bronco. We did the Shafer trail, Gemini Bridges and Tower Arch in one long day. We did a sunset tour on the Moab Mega Buggy on our last evening in Moab. The Mega Buggy ride was the highlight of our trip..... trust me you don't want to miss the chance to ride in this beast.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! 22367367-F529-436C-BB55-D0813A1E76B4
That thing is a beast!

Texas Red

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ran into a Off Roadeo group in Moab on the Dome Plateau trail. First Broncos I've seen in the wild.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! Roadeo

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the Off Roadeo running any two-doors? Don't see any in the photos. I'll be off-rodeoing Moab in April

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the Off Roadeo running any two-doors? Don't see any in the photos. I'll be off-rodeoing Moab in April
Moab has a VB 2 door BaseSquatch and the yellow one that is on display at the basecamp.

Badlands51

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the Moab Off-Roadeo last month. Thanks to my wife picking the same trail as the Off-Roadeo, the day before, I was able to directly compare the Bronco Badlands on 33's with the Rubicon that we rented. The Badlands was just as capable, and with a lot less bouncing and creaking on the trail.

However, the forward trail surface visibility on the Bronco is pretty bad compared to the low-fendered Jeep. But that was the only negative that we could find. Thanks to the Off-Roadeo, I changed my order to include the forward facing camera/LUX. That should help with trails.

Attachments

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badlands 2017 Superduty 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be out there May 26th. I've crawled out there a couple of times before with a heavily modified early bronco. I am ready to see what my Badlands can do (or not).

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2021 Bronco BD 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those who have attended Moab, did you stay at the recommended lodge, did you fly there (if so where do you fly to), did you have to rent a vehicle to get to the lodge? Thanks

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those who have attended Moab, did you stay at the recommended lodge, did you fly there (if so where do you fly to), did you have to rent a vehicle to get to the lodge? Thanks
I flew into Grand Junction CO. Rented a car and drove to MOAB and stayed in The Redcliff's Lodge. I highly recommend the Redcliff lodge, it was awesome.
Sponsored