Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guys and gals,

This event is simply amazing! I have been off-roading since I was a teen in my moms Ford Taurus… lol Let me tell you, this Bronco is absolutely ridiculous!

My wife was put into positions yesterday where we were tasked to climb what feels like straight up, vertical rocks… she was NOT comfortable… until the instructor tells us, put it in trail assist at 2.5MPH and let it go. Un$&@-real! It’s almost tooooo easy!!

Jason if you get him is a stud! Great guide and really relaxed!

here’s a pic or two. Gooo to Moab. None of the others will be able to compete with this!

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! F13612A9-371B-4F28-82B9-49A9E6F79068

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! A23CCE59-53D7-404E-B06B-9B23E7122497

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! D9B1E565-D67E-4D57-94AD-B099D24CBE0D

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! B47957E2-03C4-478B-A4BD-3675340216A4

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the Moab Off-Roadeo on 10/15 and also had Jason as our guide. He was fantastic. He really put trail assist to the test during our run. Jason had mentioned that Trail Assist also works while in reverse (I did not know that). We happen to be talking about it while we were all going down that hill in your photo above. So I jokingly asked him if it would work going in reverse backing up that same obstacle. His response was, in theory it should... so he had the last bronco in our group try it.

And I watched in amazement with my jaw on the ground as it inched its way back up that hill in reverse. He first tried at 2 MPH an it did not have quite enough momentum to make it so they bumped it up to 3 mph and it made it successfully... with a little bit of tire spin along the way.

Man I wish I had my camera out for it... I know... no video or it didn't really happen, right. Well I know there were at least 2 other attendees that did get a video of it so I hope one of them is on the forum and posts the video of it.

EDIT: And Jason did repair the obstacle from the little bit of digging that it did to the trail. He really was such a great guide.

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guys and gals,

This event is simply amazing! I have been off-roading since I was a teen in my moms Ford Taurus… lol Let me tell you, this Bronco is absolutely ridiculous!

My wife was put into positions yesterday where we were tasked to climb what feels like straight up, vertical rocks… she was NOT comfortable… until the instructor tells us, put it in trail assist at 2.5MPH and let it go. Un$&@-real! It’s almost tooooo easy!!

Jason if you get him is a stud! Great guide and really relaxed!

here’s a pic or two. Gooo to Moab. None of the others will be able to compete with this!

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! IMG_2733.MP
Heading there on the 5th. So excited but kind of nervous for the part that you have pictured 😱

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heading there on the 5th. So excited but kind of nervous for the part that you have pictured 😱
That obstacle is meant to show you the limits of the Bronco. I admit, the first of our group was really nervous to go down this one, but they would not put these Broncos on something that they know it would not handle. Yes, this obstacle is one of those butt pucker monents and that rear wheel on the first dip of the front tire does end up almost 3 feet in the air, but your guides are perfect at spotting you over terrain like this. I am so glad I chose Moab even though Vegas would have been a few hours closer to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’ll be fine. What it did for me is show me just how capable this thing is. The trail assist is stupid!!! I can’t describe it. Should be illegal. You’re in for a treat!

Sponsored

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daughter and I were there about a month ago. Although the pictured area is perhaps the most visually dramatic, it is not the most technically challenging. (Very glad that I took my daughter and not my wife. ;)) Great guides. The morning was spent with basic trail driving tactics and the afternoon was demonstrations of how all of the Bronco's electronic assists can 'do it for you'. Absolutely stunning scenery. A little inclement weather makes it even more fun. Pay attention in the morning in choosing your vehicle for the day - many different trims/tops. No two-doors available the day we were there. Everything was either Sas or Badlands. We drove a non-Sas badlands and it cost me about $10k in upgrades over what I had originally ordered. Also, after spending a day with all of the colors, I changed my order color.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My daughter and I were there about a month ago. Although the pictured area is perhaps the most visually dramatic, it is not the most technically challenging. (Very glad that I took my daughter and not my wife. ;)) Great guides. The morning was spent with basic trail driving tactics and the afternoon was demonstrations of how all of the Bronco's electronic assists can 'do it for you'. Absolutely stunning scenery. A little inclement weather makes it even more fun. Pay attention in the morning in choosing your vehicle for the day - many different trims/tops. No two-doors available the day we were there. Everything was either Sas or Badlands. We drove a non-Sas badlands and it cost me about $10k in upgrades over what I had originally ordered. Also, after spending a day with all of the colors, I changed my order color.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! IMG_0247

So what did you end up ordering if you don't mind me asking?

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Our Bronco is at the dealership waiting for us. It’s a 2door WT loaded to the max in cyber Orange. What about you?
I had previously ordered an Outerbanks, but we saw a WT at a local dealer and I really prefer the WT interior. WT Lux, Leather and tow....just can't decide on color! 😆 Lol

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moab over Labor Day weekend was amazing. My wife went from being scared of gravel to wanting to drive the non-Squatch Badlands up rock faces. She's definitely sold on the lifestyle now and can't wait to take delivery.

Couple of Off-Raodeo things that haven't been talked too much about yet:
  • I didn't get insurance and honestly didn't find I needed it despite the sketchiness of the trails. No one was ever reckless and everything was in control. Our lead bronco turned too close to a large rock and pivoted on the rock rail, however that was the only potential issue and I didn't get the feeling that anyone cared.
  • Check out the vehicles early, before they do the outside trainings. Then when you go out, make sure to stand next to the one you want to drive as it's a free for all to grab the one you want once they give the directive. I ordered a non-squatch Badlands, so I chose the one closest to what I ordered. (Build date for mine is next week - YES!)
  • Water bottles and water is supplied however, the water cooler is mostly only accessible during lunch for a refill in one of the vehicles. Similarly, I kind of wish we had snacks in the vehicle. I was pretty hungry by lunchtime.
  • There were many obstacles where I really, really wanted the front-facing cameras. I'm not sure that any of the vehicles had them.
  • I think I was most surprised by trail control. It was amazing how it just steadily climbed a rock face all by itself, seemingly better than I would have throttled it.
  • Trail turn assist went from being a perceived party trick to a very useful feature. I enjoyed the higher speed turns while using it.
  • Grab bar placements for the passenger are a bit awkward, forcing the passenger to lean forward to be able to reach either one of them. I wouldn't mind an aftermarket extension to the console grab bar to place it closer to the passenger seat.

Sponsored

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what did you end up ordering if you don't mind me asking?
I had a cactus big bend 2-door on order. We both decided that the two colors that really pop on the car were cyber orange and white. I’ve had a lot of white vehicles, so I went with cyber orange and upgraded to a badlands non-sas with a high package, 2.3 manual.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the privilege of having Jason ride along with me on the 14th. Had an amazing time. He was excellent and we had a great day. 👍

Scott was the other guide and that group said he was excellent as well. 👍

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail turn assist is legitimately an amazing feature. Not to mention you can do some pretty mean donuts with it

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a cactus big bend 2-door on order. We both decided that the two colors that really pop on the car were cyber orange and white. I’ve had a lot of white vehicles, so I went with cyber orange and upgraded to a badlands non-sas with a high package, 2.3 manual.
That cyber orange paint in person is GORGEOUS with all of that flake. If this was a vehicle for my husband it would certainly be white. Both of our vehicles now are while.
I cannot for the life of me decide between cactus, area 51 or black....
I like the CG when it looks more minty and feel like it would be the easiest to keep clean. I think nothing looks better than a clean black vehicle, but so much more work to keep clean 😂 if we ended up with Brittany blue or Caribbean turquoise as an option I would be all over that!

20211020_070541.jpg

20211020_070201.jpg

20211020_070218.jpg

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That cyber orange paint in person is GORGEOUS with all of that flake. If this was a vehicle for my husband it would certainly be white. Both of our vehicles now are while.
I cannot for the life of me decide between cactus, area 51 or black....
I like the CG when it looks more minty and feel like it would be the easiest to keep clean. I think nothing looks better than a clean black vehicle, but so much more work to keep clean 😂 if we ended up with Brittany blue or Caribbean turquoise as an option I would be all over that!

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Off-rodeo - WOW!! 20211020_070218

I was at the Off Road Bronco event in NH last weekend, and I too changed my color. I went from white to cactus gray, which I thought was really, really nice in person. Pictures just don't do it justice. I didn't change my model, but I was tempted. Going up in models is just too expensive.
Sponsored