First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to get crazy good mileage before the lift. These things hate lift and big tires. As it is I still averaged 17 over the entire trip, trails included.
Mine has never done better than 15.5 and that was when it was brand new and I hadn't done anything to it at all. Idk why its such a pig, and nobody at any dealership is ever gonna believe me.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a fun one.
You Trifecta guys were too manly for me. 🤠
Its definitely something where your head has gotta be in the right place. Really helps being w/a small group of guys w/good equipment, good experience level, and positive attitude. I nearly backed out because of Leo, but he was doing so well I had confidence he could go his own way on a safari run and be fine, so that freed me up to do it...and I'm so glad I did. I feel like I improved my skillset exponentially, and managed to clear some key mental hurdles. Really for me was the best thing I ever did in a wheeling rig!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can someone give me some a cliff note summary of this event, I am trying to plan out a trip in 24 to Moab for a week at least. I dont think I want to do KOH for a what I want to do. If this one doesnt pan out, I could see if BN is doing another Moab takeover in 24.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So by the Thursday trail I had convinced myself that I would be back during Safari but not for it, since smaller forum rides were much more enjoyable.

The raffle now has me second guessing that, that was pretty lucrative.
Out of all the names they pulled, only about 50ish left, I was not pulled and there was a lot of great items.

I would love to go on a smaller group run a few times next year too, Jason, MarcoPolo and I took a day trip of our own. BUT, remember that Brian's awesome jack was available for you when you needed it and that was a BIG group... And a great day, at least the first half. 🙃

That was the first time I had a rig that had enough lift and big enough tires to even try anything over a three, many miles of lessor trials before the Bronco, and the Bronco quickly gained my confidence! Love that crawler gear! I only missed the first hard obstacle and there was no room after the person before me anyway and the gate itself. I choose not to try that in a sling. :unsure:

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gold bar waterfall thanx to MikeD. Should be some more coming. Special thanx to Mike for editing out my 2 previous failed attempts. W/manual transmission the only way to do it is to launch the way motorcycles do at the dragstrip...hold 4k rpm, then drop clutch and hammer down. If it doesn't get a hard enough bump you are done, so back tires gotta be back from the wall some. Thanks @Yamapro for awesome spotting, and coaching...could have never completed this on my own!

Excellent job when in doubt throttle out, I did the trifecta last year on 35 bfgs and thats when I knew I had to get bigger tire. those three trail beat my under carriage and bumpers to hell.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_0129

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of all the names they pulled, only about 50ish left, I was not pulled and there was a lot of great items.

I would love to go on a smaller group run a few times next year too, Jason, MarcoPolo and I took a day trip of our own. BUT, remember that Brian's awesome jack was available for you when you needed it and that was a BIG group...
Yeah total luck, but if you do win most of the prizes were pretty good. I can consider my next 7 years covered before I'm back to even.

I did have a bottle jack and extension I could have gotten by with but Brian's was really nice.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent job when in doubt throttle out, I did the trifecta last year on 35 bfgs and thats when I knew I had to get bigger tire. those three trail beat my under carriage and bumpers to hell.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_0129
"shrinking tire syndrome" is an uncurable disorder. I'm ready for 40s now!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, for the last half, it was my kid pulling the names, and not once did she actually dig for my name so I could get something good. I ended up getting pulled in the last like 10, so I got a light mount for my bumper. No lights, just a mount. :ROFLMAO:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah total luck, but if you do win most of the prizes were pretty good. I can consider my next 7 years covered before I'm back to even.

I did have a bottle jack and extension I could have gotten by with but Brian's was really nice.
Oh forgot to mention, or maybe I did, that I promised them I would do some kinda review on it. If you got any pics of it in action send em!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone give me some a cliff note summary of this event,
Some members came out
They Wheeled various trials
They met fellow members
They had a great time & Look to return 🤠

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone give me some a cliff note summary of this event, I am trying to plan out a trip in 24 to Moab for a week at least. I dont think I want to do KOH for a what I want to do. If this one doesnt pan out, I could see if BN is doing another Moab takeover in 24.
Everyone goes to Moab and stays wherever they want.
Tuesday morning, we meet at 7AM for breakfast supplied by Bronco nation, hear some safety briefings, put our names on the whiteboard (to determine who goes on what trails), and then head our separate ways.
You meet back at the meetup area at the scheduled trail time, and head out.
When done with the trail, go back to where you're staying, rest up, eat, rinse, repeat the next day.

I've attached the Welcome Letter, which will have some more information on how things went down.

EDIT TO ADD:
Difficulty of trails depends entirely on you. You can pick an easy trail, or crank it up to your preferred difficulty level. Personally, I started with the hardest I was willing to try, Hell's Revenge (6/10), and worked my way down from there.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh forgot to mention, or maybe I did, that I promised them I would do some kinda review on it. If you got any pics of it in action send em!
No pics, too busy wrenching. It's a keeper though.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what it looked like coming out of Hell's Revenge at night Solo. I had just let @Yamapro and his 5 Bronco crew roll past me in the rock garden below, as they were entering.

Excellent video. I drove solo up to were the trail reaches the plateau on Thursday night, going up not so bad but coming down all the lights in the world would not help when the rocks are down below. This was my third time on the trail but first time at night easy to loss the trail. Great Full moon.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20230504_230713 - Copy

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everyone goes to Moab and stays wherever they want.
Tuesday morning, we meet at 7AM for breakfast supplied by Bronco nation, hear some safety briefings, put our names on the whiteboard (to determine who goes on what trails), and then head our separate ways.
You meet back at the meetup area at the scheduled trail time, and head out.
When done with the trail, go back to where you're staying, rest up, eat, rinse, repeat the next day.

I've attached the Welcome Letter, which will have some more information on how things went down.

EDIT TO ADD:
Difficulty of trails depends entirely on you. You can pick an easy trail, or crank it up to your preferred difficulty level. Personally, I started with the hardest I was willing to try, Hell's Revenge (6/10), and worked my way down from there.
Thanks, I did see pics from the white board so thats a cool concept and most likely helps out with getting with group runs which is what I was really looking for.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.