First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack, 2011 Ram 2500 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wife and I are signed up for off rodeo on 4/15. Will be in Moab on the 13th and leaving the 16th. Question for the 4/14:
1.) Any recommended 4x4 rides? Driving OBX non-sas with SAS wheels/shoes. Everything else stock. Just looking for a couple hour ride with some nice views.
2.) Any recommended mtn bike rides? (figured might be a couple riders here). Would love a few hour ride in the am and 4x4 ride in the afternoon.
3.) Recommended restaurants in Moab?

TIA
Sponsored

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did Gemini Bridges and enjoyed it (in a rental Jeep Sahara)
Also the off road trails inside of Arches National Park were fun (and it felt like we were seeing a part of the park that most dont).

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much off roading can be done at Arches? I remember one trail that went beyond the homestead site I believe it was. Are there others?

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much off roading can be done at Arches? I remember one trail that went beyond the homestead site I believe it was. Are there others?
We just did one. Turned off the main road close to the top and it spit us back out down by Balanced Arch (also a nice picnic spot there with a view of Balanced Arch)

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, will look for that and any others the next time we are out there, last time we had too pressed for time. We had reservations but still waited in line for hours.

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wife and I are signed up for off rodeo on 4/15. Will be in Moab on the 13th and leaving the 16th. Question for the 4/14:
1.) Any recommended 4x4 rides? Driving OBX non-sas with SAS wheels/shoes. Everything else stock. Just looking for a couple hour ride with some nice views.
2.) Any recommended mtn bike rides? (figured might be a couple riders here). Would love a few hour ride in the am and 4x4 ride in the afternoon.

TIA
I am planning to do MOAB Off-Roadeo this summer. Will do Hell's Revenge the day after. Your OBX would handle it fine if you avoid the big obstacles which you can bypass.

OP
OP
3LMBBQ

3LMBBQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am planning to do MOAB Off-Roadeo this summer. Will do Hell's Revenge the day after. Your OBX would handle it fine if you avoid the big obstacles which you can bypass.
Thank you! I'll check it out.

BVDonkey

Outer Banks
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ArkValleyHomes.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr OBX - F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TIA
April is great time to be out there:

As far as bike rides go: Moab has some of the best trailS anywhere, recommendations really just depend on skill level and what kind of bike you’re on.

Beginner/intermediate Rides:

Highly recommend any of the trails in the Mag 7 trailhead area (Getaway, Bullrun, etc) you can make your own loop or run a shuttle. A good excuse to drive Gemini Bridges Road just for kicks. Regardless of your skill level this is probably the best recommendation I have a for a flexible half-day ride, these trails are just pure fun. Bull Run to Arths Corner is a great intermediate shuttle ride.

Navajo Rocks Loop - not super technical, flowy, sandy, singletrack(17.5 miles but can be shortened to roughly half that if desired)

Advanced Rides:

The Whole Enchilada - wont be open all the way to the top that time of year, but it’s absolutely still worth riding. If you find yourself with more time, this is a pretty wild ride. You can get a seat on a shuttle from town, or a loving spouse may even drop you at the top and pick you up at the bottom.

Slickrock- More of a challenge/pain in the ass than it is fun, but it’s a classic. If you’re at sand flats already, definitely worth doing.

Expert Rides:

The Full Mag 7 -An all time classic, long ride, challenging.

Captain Ahab is my favorite bike ride anywhere. Challenging technical riding with big features throughout. Only takes a couple hours for an experienced rider.

That was probably more than what you needed, but feel free to hit me up if you need details or more riding beta. The wife and I usually spend a couple weeks a year riding in Moab.

For Dinner: the Desert Bistro is hard to beat, fancy for Moab standards and not cheap.

OP
OP
3LMBBQ

3LMBBQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
April is great time to be out there:

As far as bike rides go: Moab has some of the best trailS anywhere, recommendations really just depend on skill level and what kind of bike you’re on.

Beginner/intermediate Rides:

Highly recommend any of the trails in the Mag 7 trailhead area (Getaway, Bullrun, etc) you can make your own loop or run a shuttle. A good excuse to drive Gemini Bridges Road just for kicks. Regardless of your skill level this is probably the best recommendation I have a for a flexible half-day ride, these trails are just pure fun. Bull Run to Arths Corner is a great intermediate shuttle ride.

Navajo Rocks Loop - not super technical, flowy, sandy, singletrack(17.5 miles but can be shortened to roughly half that if desired)

Advanced Rides:

The Whole Enchilada - wont be open all the way to the top that time of year, but it’s absolutely still worth riding. If you find yourself with more time, this is a pretty wild ride. You can get a seat on a shuttle from town, or a loving spouse may even drop you at the top and pick you up at the bottom.

Slickrock- More of a challenge/pain in the ass than it is fun, but it’s a classic. If you’re at sand flats already, definitely worth doing.

Expert Rides:

The Full Mag 7 -An all time classic, long ride, challenging.

Captain Ahab is my favorite bike ride anywhere. Challenging technical riding with big features throughout. Only takes a couple hours for an experienced rider.

That was probably more than what you needed, but feel free to hit me up if you need details or more riding beta. The wife and I usually spend a couple weeks a year riding in Moab.

For Dinner: the Desert Bistro is hard to beat, fancy for Moab standards and not cheap.
This is great. My wife is going and not as experienced. The Navajo Rocks loops look great. Probably around 8 miles so if you have a recommended direction or preferred route. Looking at Ramblin and rocky tops or doing middle earth to coney islands to big lonely to big mesa.

Really appreciate you sharing!

OP
OP
3LMBBQ

3LMBBQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Back from Off Rodeo really great experience. It rained on Friday so we didn't get to mtn bike ride but spent most of the day hiking and exploring canyonlands. Cruised down Gemini Bridges on the way back. Did the off rodeo on Saturday, as someone very green to that world it was a really great learning experience and really demonstrated what the Bronco can do and all the cool tech that comes with it I'm hooked.

Didn't stay at the Red Cliff, though the folks that did raved about it. Stayed in Moab at the Hoodoo, new hotel and it was fantastic.

Great experience.
Sponsored