First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never seen a wrapped vehicle in person and have been wondering how the interior, door sills, etc. are handled if at all. It seems like it could be an awkward transition.
Usually the wrap goes just inside enough for the wrap to not just start pealing away from an edge. There's really no way to wrap a complete interior like the door jams and everything. That's why complete paint jobs cost so much. Everything has to be taken off, painted, and then reassembled. When doing a wrap, a lot of it also matters what you plan on doing. I you just want graphics put on, you could do whatever base color you want. If you plan on doing a full wrap, maybe give consideration to what the door jams, roll bars, and under the hood will look like once the wrap is on.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was going to wrap or do a special paint job..I would get the vehicle painted from the factory as the dominate color...this way the engine bay ..trunk and all door jams are a matching color.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Retro inspired paint scheme!

Ford Bronco Mock up of what I am thinking for my custom paint job. 1607451148078

Ford Bronco Mock up of what I am thinking for my custom paint job. 1607451094453

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cappy - are you still planning on a custom paint job? Will you do paint or a vinyl wrap?

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cappy - are you still planning on a custom paint job? Will you do paint or a vinyl wrap?
@MannyG20 - I went back and forth on color choices. None of what's offered by FORD are going to scratch my color itch, so I've decided that whatever color it comes in it's going to get custom treatment. Just maybe after a year or two and some stripping and trail wear occurs, because this thing is going to spend the majority of it's life offroad.

Unfortunately, it's taken a lot longer for the rollout to happen than we all anticipated. My quote for paint is near to expiring and I don't think I'm going to go with anything other than a PPF wrap over my custom paint.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@MannyG20 - I went back and forth on color choices. None of what's offered by FORD are going to scratch my color itch, so I've decided that whatever color it comes in it's going to get custom treatment. Just maybe after a year or two and some stripping and trail wear occurs, because this thing is going to spend the majority of it's life offroad.

Unfortunately, it's taken a lot longer for the rollout to happen than we all anticipated. My quote for paint is near to expiring and I don't think I'm going to go with anything other than a PPF wrap over my custom paint.
I’m not thrilled with the colors either. I have looked at wraps but just can’t go there. I have also thought I would do a custom paint job a few years down the road.
what shop are you looking at for your custom paint job?
Sponsored