Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been addressed. Used search and couldn't find anything.

I'm pretty certain a hitch mounted winch is the way for me to go because of the limited amount of off-roading I'll likely be doing (few times a year).

Is there a known-good solution for adding a hitch to the front with the Mod Bumper?

Bonus question: Other than lack of convenience are there drawbacks to using a hitch mounted winch (safety /performance)?

Thanks for any help.

Edit to add: I was thinking an existing solution for the ford ranger would be a good starting point, but likely will wait for a properly engineered solution
Sponsored

Last edited:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a known-good solution for adding a hitch to the front with the Mod Bumper?

Bonus question: Other than lack of convenience are there drawbacks to using a hitch mounted winch (safety /performance)?

Thanks for any help.

Edit to add: I was thinking an existing solution for the ford ranger would be a good starting point, but likely will wait for a properly engineered solution
There are some here that would poo-poo the idea of a receiver winch plate, I own one, a equipment trailer with receivers mounted in strategic places and my 2000 Ranger has a front mount receiver hitch as well as one in the rear, both from Curt mfg. I haven't checked whether Curt makes one for the 2019-21 Ranger, I wouldn't assume that it would fit the Bronco, but my 1997 Mountaineer does accept the same receiver as the front one for the Ranger I do have...

Last edited:

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would like to know too. Interested in a winch for the mod bumper on my badlands with standard package.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jwalke22

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Response from eTrailer:

I did some research on your 2021 Ford Bronco, and I discovered that unfortunately, manufacturers currently do not have a front hitch produced for your vehicle. However, this may be due to the fact that they have not tested any hitch models yet for this recent model. The best route forward (other than a custom solution) is to check back in with our site periodically to see if we have released a front hitch yet.
Sponsored