Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My name is Russ, the founder of ModCrate, a father of two, active-duty Navy avionics technician and, full time tinkerer. I started ModCrate in 2015 with a focus on parts for small businesses building custom vaporizers. I always designed parts to help small business leverage their time, build faster, and give them assembly options. Over time, I've dabbled designing electrical components, paintball parts and other vehicle components for DIY enthusiasts. My passion for design and problem-solving fuels my drive to explore new ideas and take on bigger design challenges. ModCrate is more than just a business to me; it's a community of like-minded tinkerers, creators, and DIY enthusiasts who share my passion for creativity and innovation. As I continue to serve in the Navy, I'm dedicated to developing ModCrate into a product platform that inspires and supports people to bring their DIY ideas to life.

Over the next few weeks I will be setting up the ModCrate forum in the sponsor section. I'll be listing current offerings and posting projects in development. This will be the best place to have live input on design choices and request customization during the design process. I love to get community feedback during design process so drop in and say hello.

Bronco Mods – ModCrate

Ford Bronco ModCrate Introduction Hyper Blue Bushin

Ford Bronco ModCrate Introduction Latch bushing TRACK ORANGE
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A modular latch plate currently in development.

Ford Bronco ModCrate Introduction Latch plate v9 1367iteratio

Is this for the roof latches? Or is it for the crappy plastic handle that raises the cargo floor? I just had to superglue that thing together yesterday and I would love a stronger alternative.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this for the roof latches? Or is it for the crappy plastic handle that raises the cargo floor? I just had to superglue that thing together yesterday and I would love a stronger alternative.
Same boat for me. My floor handle broke so bad that I don’t even have it on anymore. Would love a stronger version.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fist off, thank you for your service.

Second, I think you need to focus on posting pics of the product installed.
There are several members that can help you with that as well as R&D and testing.

Sponsored

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting up! I got the files for the rear floor you made, greatly appreciated. Have you considered fabbing a widget to help secure the second hardtop portion to the rollbar for those who like to roll w/o the rear clamshell?

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the latches. Will you have Eruption Green?

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is for the roof latches but I know what you're talking about I cut some steel inlays for my trunk on a friends plasma table. I could definitely work on something for the trunk.

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the latches. Will you have Eruption Green?
I'll be honest I have never had my panels on without the rear shell. I normally roll all the way on or off. I'll have to take a look at that set up and see what I can come up with. I would like to build a library of free parts for fellow makers. This might be something in that category.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My name is Russ, the founder of ModCrate, a father of two, active-duty Navy avionics technician and, full time tinkerer. I started ModCrate in 2015 with a focus on parts for small businesses building custom vaporizers. I always designed parts to help small business leverage their time, build faster, and give them assembly options. Over time, I've dabbled designing electrical components, paintball parts and other vehicle components for DIY enthusiasts. My passion for design and problem-solving fuels my drive to explore new ideas and take on bigger design challenges. ModCrate is more than just a business to me; it's a community of like-minded tinkerers, creators, and DIY enthusiasts who share my passion for creativity and innovation. As I continue to serve in the Navy, I'm dedicated to developing ModCrate into a product platform that inspires and supports people to bring their DIY ideas to life.

Over the next few weeks I will be setting up the ModCrate forum in the sponsor section. I'll be listing current offerings and posting projects in development. This will be the best place to have live input on design choices and request customization during the design process. I love to get community feedback during design process so drop in and say hello.

Bronco Mods – ModCrate

Are you looking for designs/products to sell/feature? I have a couple of small designs for the Bronco and I'm working on a larger one now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you looking for designs/products to sell/feature? I have a couple of small designs for the Bronco and I'm working on a larger one now.

I'm not looking for designs I prefer to bring my own stuff to market. If you need help with designs and manufacturing I can help, I've helped several of my friends launch their own business I'm always down to help or collaborate with people.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm a retired engineer and generally work on things that I need that may or may not be of interest to others. Good luck with your site!
Sponsored