First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just curious if anyone has seen rust around the bolts of their modular bumper yet? We picked up the wife's Bronco after getting the recalls fixed on it and walking out I just happened to look down at the bumper and noticed that one of the bolts that sit on top had rust between the bolt and the bumper. Not a happy camper only owning it for less than 5 months. I will post a pic later, she had to go to kids practice.
Sponsored

Dtom417

Base
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g25x
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had mine for 5 months and don't have any rust .

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect it may only be the bolt itself and is bleeding onto the bumper. Some of the "Bronco" branded bolts seem prone to rust, both inside and outside the vehicle. There was some discussion on it some months back.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect it may only be the bolt itself and is bleeding onto the bumper. Some of the "Bronco" branded bolts seem prone to rust, both inside and outside the vehicle. There was some discussion on it some months back.
bingo. had the same thing with one of my bolts. on my mod

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In 25 years or so, that surface rust if actually coming from the bumper, could be a problem.

Post images to show us what you're talking about. Also, you could replace all Bronco bolts with plastic push clips as those won't rust.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In 25 years or so, that surface rust if actually coming from the bumper, could be a problem.

Post images to show us what you're talking about. Also, you could replace all Bronco bolts with plastic push clips as those won't rust.
My wife should be home soon and I will run outside and take a quick pic of it. Like I said, just saw it for about 2 seconds and she had to leave.

OP
OP

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
bingo. had the same thing with one of my bolts. on my mod
I did not see that thread unfortunately. Is it something you can take to the dealer and have them remedy it? I hate taking it in for something so dumb, but vehicles aren't exactly cheap anymore and I feel a "factory" bumper should show zero signs of rust after 5 months. It hasn't even seen a northeast winter yet.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not see that thread unfortunately. Is it something you can take to the dealer and have them remedy it? I hate taking it in for something so dumb, but vehicles aren't exactly cheap anymore and I feel a "factory" bumper should show zero signs of rust after 5 months. It hasn't even seen a northeast winter yet.
i just brushed the bolt and wiped the rust. wd40 works too, or kriol.

OP
OP

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologize for the crappy pic. I will get a better one tomorrow.

20220907_211812.jpg

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just curious if anyone has seen rust around the bolts of their modular bumper yet? We picked up the wife's Bronco after getting the recalls fixed on it and walking out I just happened to look down at the bumper and noticed that one of the bolts that sit on top had rust between the bolt and the bumper. Not a happy camper only owning it for less than 5 months. I will post a pic later, she had to go to kids practice.
Good afternoon. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rust concern for you? Thank you!

Shetbird

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got the same issue. Took delivery a couple weeks ago and light rust started showing up after we got some rain.

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently removed my Mod Bumper end-caps and half the bolts had rust within the threaded area. I believe it was those that were vertical and could wick standing water from bumper surfaces. Although I didn't take pics before reassembly, I cleaned and anti-siezed the bolts and holes.
This is something I would recommend for the Bronco labeled accessory bolts if you hope to remove them at any point in the life of the vehicle.
Sponsored