First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else’s D-Rings surface rusting and missing paint? How does this go down the line, I know the rust probably wasn’t there but the missing paint probably was.
Just picked this up Black Friday and has less than 1000 miles on it.

Guess I’ll make another trip to the dealer for poor QC work on this thing already

18C2D865-A893-4C80-BC4C-792829DAD6A5.jpeg

087E9B7B-338B-4A0C-8398-2DA1F924DEB2.jpeg

D853F4C2-CDCD-40AE-A9F7-290724F19B70.jpeg
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else’s D-Rings surface rusting and missing paint? How does this go down the line, I know the rust probably wasn’t there but the missing paint probably was.

Guess I’ll make another trip to the dealer for poor QC work on this thing already

Ford Bronco Capable bumper D-Ring Rust D853F4C2-CDCD-40AE-A9F7-290724F19B70

Looks like dealer might have adjusted the bumper to make the gaps look correct on the vehicle.

All you need is a shot of........

Ford Bronco Capable bumper D-Ring Rust 1671577008346

And all will be good. 😁

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those bolts are covered. Final QC wouldn't see the missing paint. Don't look under the Bronco, you'll find a lot more surface rust.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Mod bumper on two and both of them the passenger side recovery points were rusting around the bolts 🤷‍♂️ they are pretty thick. If it bothers you loosen the bolts and paint. But when you tighten the bolt you’re going to break thru the paint again.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Put the covers back on.
Cost 0$

Sponsored
OP
OP
iBrad81

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To many people just look the other way on these, not going to wait 2 years and not be upset when I see something like this, already had to have the whole door fixed and repainted because there was a dent from the inside out plus the driver window was loose and the bolts on the track inside were loose the tech said again their QC is lazy at MAP, hence why the first thing I did was rip off their “built with pride” sticker.

I know what surface rust is vs missing paint, it’s the point it’s brand new and I’d like to keep it that way for a little while before tearing it up and spray painting things.

Last edited:

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To many people just look the other way on these, not going to wait 2 years and not be upset when I see something like this, already had to have the whole door fixed and repainted because there was a dent from the inside out plus the driver window was loose and the bolts on the track inside were loose the tech said again their QC is lazy at MAP, hence why the first thing I did was rip off their “built with pride” sticker.

I know what surface rust is vs missing paint, it’s the point it’s brand new and I’d like to keep it that way for a little while before tearing it up and spray painting things.
So you didn't look at the driveshaft yet?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Agree 100%, better you sell the Bronco now than wake up to only a coffee tin full of rust in 2087 when she's gone south of cheese.

PS: if you know what surface rust is, and how it occurs, then you would also know exactly how pointless, trivial and petty your thread is.

OP
OP
iBrad81

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree 100%, better you sell the Bronco now than wake up to only a coffee tin full of rust in 2087 when she's gone south of cheese.

PS: if you know what surface rust is, and how it occurs, then you would also know exactly how pointless, trivial and petty your thread is.
Thank you for help

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

c'mon man, you don't have to agree with the OP, but bashing him on the forum is pointless.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iBrad81

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
c'mon man, you don't have to agree with the OP, but bashing him on the forum is pointless.
This forum is just toxic anymore, i expected it once i made the thread, thats why i never make threads on here

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ignore the haters. I would be really mad too if I had surface rust on those spots as well. It's laziness on Fords part, or the dealers part if they made and adjustments after the fact.

I've owned nothing but Fords, however, the small issues I've had with my brand new Bronco already are not acceptable. Quality control has been crap and people need to stop hating on anyone whose willing to speak against it.
Sponsored