Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the Morimoto if the DRL is set to white and when the turn signals are on. Are the turn signals amber? I'm guessing so?
It turns amber. The white actually isn't as pink as I thought. It's still pretty white just note a PURE PURE white. You can also adjust the brightness of the DRL/horizontal bar for the RGB portion (DRL still has it's own amber regardless of what you set).

So you can make the white a little dim if you want, or amber or whatever other color you are running at a show.

Here is the white set to about 50% brightness with the turn signal on

(HD is still uploading but you get the idea)

Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whatcha mean "no true bright white" ???
These lights are only RGB ( red , green , and blue colors ). They make a white from combining them. So they need an LED that is RGBW in order to have a true white.
So it’s a No for me. I rather have true colors .

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These lights are only RGB ( red , green , and blue colors ). They make a white from combining them. So they need an LED that is RGBW in order to have a true white.
So it’s a No for me. I rather have true colors .
Correct. If you want a white white white halo, then the Morimoto XRGB may not be for you. But I have mine set to amber so it's fine for me. I get a lot more light output over the Morimoto XRGB then I do the AlphaRex and for a few hundred less. And a cleaner pattern.

Most folks like an Amber DRL anyway. But even still, with the RGB setup with a decent setup, it looks white. I used a 255/255/181 setting and got this what you saw in the video.

Also, keep in mid the set I have is a PRE PRODUCTION kit (1 of 2 installed). So they MIGHT have put an RGBW board in. Im waiting on confirmation from Morimoto as I did ask about the white part.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct. If you want a white white white halo, then the Morimoto XRGB may not be for you. But I have mine set to amber so it's fine for me. I get a lot more light output over the Morimoto XRGB then I do the AlphaRex and for a few hundred less. And a cleaner pattern.

Most folks like an Amber DRL anyway. But even still, with the RGB setup with a decent setup, it looks white. I used a 255/255/181 setting and got this what you saw in the video.

Also, keep in mid the set I have is a PRE PRODUCTION kit (1 of 2 installed). So they MIGHT have put an RGBW board in. Im waiting on confirmation from Morimoto as I did ask about the white part.
Thinking about it I must say that you are right. More options and easy operation.

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the Halo and the signature light "dash" on the same RGB in the Morimotos? I really liked how AlphaRex allows you to set a white dash into an amber halo. If this is also possible on the Morimotos than I'm sold!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are the Halo and the signature light "dash" on the same RGB in the Morimotos? I really liked how AlphaRex allows you to set a white dash into an amber halo. If this is also possible on the Morimotos than I'm sold!
The halo and horizontal part turn amber and animate when the turn signals are on as you can see in the video - regardless of what color you have they always turn amber together and animate together

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Morimoto for the win.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think they were answering the other poster asking about DOT legality and mistakenly added your quote to the response. They answered your post previously?

DD404E88-8E0B-45B9-8560-0CE0F0AEB47D.jpeg
I too was looking at it on my phone so must of missed the response in all of the other posts bitching about legality. After all this place is full of polite, law abiding citizens

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I too was looking at it on my phone so must of missed the response in all of the other posts bitching about legality. After all this place is full of polite, law abiding citizens

Yeah, all is well. Wasn’t your build in 5/2/22 build week with me?

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Leaning towards morimoto and to match my future light scheme, if probably go with yellow DRLs... Does the yellow match that of other off-road lights (ditch, fog, etc)?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leaning towards morimoto and to match my future light scheme, if probably go with yellow DRLs... Does the yellow match that of other off-road lights (ditch, fog, etc)?
You have to set the color value you want for yellow. It's RGB so you tell it what you want it to look like.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This seems to point to clearly to morimoto