Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anybody else seen this happen?

I read that I need to turn off contact synch. I did that and it stopped. now it seems to be working fine. hopefully this will help someone else.
Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't hurt to do a soft reset. You don't lose any of your settings and everything is back up and running in about a minute.

When the vehicle ignition is on Press and Hold the Radio Power Button/Volume Dial and the Seek button (>>) at the same time for about 5-10 seconds until the screen goes black and the Ford symbol flashes on the screen and it resets.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't hurt to do a soft reset. You don't lose any of your settings and everything is back up and running in about a minute.

When the vehicle ignition is on Press and Hold the Radio Power Button/Volume Dial and the Seek button (>>) at the same time for about 5-10 seconds until the screen goes black and the Ford symbol flashes on the screen and it resets.
thanks I read that works for a lot of problems, but I tried that with no improvement, If I shut the vehicle off or did a soft reset, it would allow the touch control to resume for a while, but the random schizophrenic jumping around of the screens would start right back and pretty soon it would lock out again. but turning off contact synch seems to have stopped it.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it only does this when you have your phone connected?

Look like it was acting more like when you want to switch the small screen with the bigger section (as If the right side of your touch screen was registering a hit)

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it only does this when you have your phone connected?

Look like it was acting more like when you want to switch the small screen with the bigger section (as If the right side of your touch screen was registering a hit)
that was what I thought at first too, I thought maybe there was some fuzz or something on the screen and the heater fan was moving it causing it to freak out. I'll admit I don't know how the technology for the touch screen works, but I cleaned the screen, turned off the fan, waved my hands close to it to make sure it wasn't motion near the screen causing it. none of it made a difference. to be honest I didn't try it without the phone connected. but once I turned off the contact synch it stopped, and I have driven it a couple times since and it is working perfect so far. so I think it has to do with that. do you have an iphone, or android. I have an iphone 13 pro max,

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

. I have an iphone 13 pro max,

Well there's your problem ... Lol ... J/k ... I'm an Android guy.. Don't really like Apple products.

Ironically, when I paired my phone and it was starting to ask for permissions, the one thing I don't allow it to do is connect my contacts... So maybe someone else can help you out there.

Tip... If you have a text message from a person you're trying to call, you can use the text message to actually dial them. Kind of a workaround if you don't allow it to know your contacts.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s Christine! Sheā€™s back. šŸ˜±

63EEBAB9-8136-4DE3-93B3-62A487892A34.jpeg

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well there's your problem ... Lol ... J/k ... I'm an Android guy.. Don't really like Apple products.

Ironically, when I paired my phone and it was starting to ask for permissions, the one thing I don't allow it to do is connect my contacts... So maybe someone else can help you out there.

Tip... If you have a text message from a person you're trying to call, you can use the text message to actually dial them. Kind of a workaround if you don't allow it to know your contacts.
Iā€™m sure that would work however, since the Apple CarPlay works just fine the contacts in my phone are already there so I donā€™t need to download them anyway.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did that when I drove doorless in heavy rain and it got soaked. Some sort of a short I'd presume.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I spoke too soon I guess. It started doing it again today smh. I guess Iā€™m going to have to contact the dealer

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, since my last issue, I got my new RSE stepslider steps. I put them on the 30th of december about 2 weeks after I took delivery. to install them I had to run the power and ground wires directly to the battery. and I had to bolt the on off rocker to a bolt near the fuse block under the steering wheel. I made sure all my connections were secure. the ground wire on the battery was not super tight, but it wasn't loose really, and I pressed on all the fuses under the steering wheel also. I don't know what was going on, but since the installation I have had not one glitch. the full screen apple carplay download happened thursday with no incident, and I have taken the bronco on several long drives and over some relatively rough roads and so far it has been over 2 weeks without a glitch. I am guessing that battery ground was just not quite tight enough. either way I am optimistic. I guess I will cancel my appointment in the morning. I am loving this thing. it is a blast to drive. and I am so impressed with how the suspension handles the rough roads.

IMG_1575.jpg
Sponsored