Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The day finally came! I reserved my Bronco July 13th 2020 and I took delivery July 13th 2021, exactly 1 year!

Order:
Big Bend
Cactus Gray / Black Onyx cloth interior
2.3L
10AT
Tow package
(No other upgrades on the build)
Had dealer swap to KO2s from the stock tires

There have been a ton of posts on reviews, so I am not going to write a complete write up here but I will give some general thoughts. If you have a specific question or if you want a picture of something... please let me know and I would be happy to accommodate.

My first impressions --- I am 100% totally blown away. I now remember as an adult what it is like for kids on Christmas morning. There was joy on my face for the whole ride home. My wife commented on how many people took a double and triple look as we drove. A lot of people are confused that it looks so different than the Bronco Sport and I had to correct them that this is the real Bronco and they just haven't seen many on the road yet.

I was really price conscious when I made my order... in the last few months looking at everyones orders and reviews I was feeling like I should have gotten more upgrades / nicer trim ETC... but all those concerns have washed away now that I have taken delivery. The interior cloth seats are great and high quality. The 8 inch screen is awesome and impressive especially coming from my 4Runner. The interior dash is a plastic material but TBH I rarely touch that part of a vehicle... and to the look it does not appear cheap (IMO). The soft top is going to be amazing. We drove home with it back in position 1 and the kids loved it and so did I. I was worried it might rain, but felt comfortable with it off realizing it would only take about 60 seconds to pull over and latch it back up. Also the sound system didn't bother me, my wife actually said she think it sounds amazing... this may partly be that my previous car was a 2003 and hers is a 2012 so we are coming from outdated systems.

I was also starting to regret I didn't choose the 2.7L thinking the 2.3L would lack in power. I actually am super happy with the 2.3L! For instance when I driver a 4 cylinder 4Runner it feels so weak and like just putting on the gas to merge into the freeway feels like the engine struggles. I do NOT have the same experience with the Bronco. It is VERY responsive and has some pep to it. I am sure the 2.7L will blow you away even more... but the 2.3L will NOT disappoint you.

All this to say... if you have been on the forums anxiously awaiting your delivery and seeing other deliveries that are more loaded than yours... don't be nervous. As soon as your Bronco arrives you will be so excited/happy with your choices.

Another note, this was the first Bronco my dealership had seen let alone sold... there is a chance it is the first Bronco in Colorado... very cool but also don't expect the sales people to know anything about how to use it. Luckily I had previously watched videos on operating the top. So if you haven't already watched those videos, I would encourage you to rewatch them on your day of delivery.

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Bronco Front

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Bronco & Sawyer

View when driving-- very comfortable wheel & visibility is great!
Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Bronco wheel

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Bronco console

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Me & Bronco

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Bronco & fam

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Family with Bronco

Video of driving on a normal road:
Sponsored

Last edited:

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The day finally came! I reserved my Bronco July 13th 2020 and I took delivery July 13th 2021, exactly 1 year!

Order:
Big Bend
Cactus Gray / Black Onyx cloth interior
2.3L
10AT
Tow package
(No other upgrades on the build)
Had dealer swap to KO2s from the stock tires

There have been a ton of posts on reviews, so I am not going to write a complete write up here but I will give some general thoughts. If you have a specific question or if you want a picture of something... please let me know and I would be happy to accommodate.

My first impressions --- I am 100% totally blown away. I now remember as an adult what it is like for kids on Christmas morning. There was joy on my face for the whole ride home. My wife commented on how many people took a double and triple look as we drove. A lot of people are confused that it looks so different than the Bronco Sport and I had to correct them that this is the real Bronco and they just haven't seen many on the road yet.

I was really price conscious when I made my order... in the last few months looking at everyones orders and reviews I was feeling like I should have gotten more upgrades / nicer trim ETC... but all those concerns have washed away now that I have taken delivery. The interior cloth seats are great and high quality. The 8 inch screen is awesome and impressive especially coming from my 4Runner. The interior dash is a plastic material but TBH I rarely touch that part of a vehicle... and to the look it does not appear cheap (IMO). The soft top is going to be amazing. We drove home with it back in position 1 and the kids loved it and so did I. I was worried it might rain, but felt comfortable with it off realizing it would only take about 60 seconds to pull over and latch it back up. Also the sound system didn't bother me, my wife actually said she think it sounds amazing... this may partly be that my previous car was a 2003 and hers is a 2012 so we are coming from outdated systems.

I was also starting to regret I didn't choose the 2.7L thinking the 2.3L would lack in power. I actually am super happy with the 2.3L! For instance when I driver a 4 cylinder 4Runner it feels so weak and like just putting on the gas to merge into the freeway feels like the engine struggles. I do NOT have the same experience with the Bronco. It is VERY responsive and has some pep to it. I am sure the 2.7L will blow you away even more... but the 2.3L will NOT disappoint you.

All this to say... if you have been on the forums anxiously awaiting your delivery and seeing other deliveries that are more loaded than yours... don't be nervous. As soon as your Bronco arrives you will be so excited/happy with your choices.

Another note, this was the first Bronco my dealership had seen let alone sold... there is a chance it is the first Bronco in Colorado... very cool but also don't expect the sales people to know anything about how to use it. Luckily I had previously watched videos on operating the top. So if you haven't already watched those videos, I would encourage you to rewatch them on your day of delivery.

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Driving.MOV

Ford Bronco My 2.3L Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray Delivery [With Pictures + Video] Driving.MOV

View when driving-- very comfortable wheel & visibility is great!

Video of driving on a normal road:
Congratulations! Agree, this is the first one I’ve heard of for Colorado. Will be looking for you on the road!

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool. Congrats and enjoy. Looks like you and your family are already enjoying your Bronco.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations! Happy for you guys! Your family looks great and reminds me what the wait is all about. I'm sure you guys will have many fun adventures in your Bronco and the kids will remember the day you picked up you Bronco forever! 1st Bronco memory is in the books. Pretty awesome!

BD Cactus

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome! I have a BD on order and was thinking the same thing, I should have added...........
Did you stick with the same size tire when you switched? If not, what did you go with??
Thanks and Congratulations!

Sponsored
OP
OP
andyignite

andyignite

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome! I have a BD on order and was thinking the same thing, I should have added...........
Did you stick with the same size tire when you switched? If not, what did you go with??
Thanks and Congratulations!
The wheels are the same but the tires are a few inches bigger… 285 70r17.

i am happy with how they drive so far!

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tires look great. Nice upgrade.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! Good to hear about the stock stereo since that's been a big factor for me eyeing the higher trims, also trying to get a 4dr soft top but a BD. I'll keep an eye out for you around Arvada!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent news!! I went with a very nearly identical build in hopes of getting a 2021. I see on your rig that it came with Fog Lights :geek: which is great!! I hope your happy family has many years of enjoyment in it.

Sponsored

Pibblemobile

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great looking rig! I'm starting to prefer the look without the Sasquatch package. Advantage to me is I think I could get by without boards to help the wife get in. Also, I'd probably do the 2.3 with the upgrade elocker vs the 2.7 with the Sasquatch.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh quick question @andyignite what would you say the ground clearance is looking like with those tires?
Sponsored