Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all,

I have a 4 door First Edition Hard Top. I took my concerns to the Ford service department and of course nothing could be replicated yet it all occurred the moment I drove it.

Some of these are just annoyance or how Ford may have designed it. Anyone else have these issues?

1. Hard top rattle. I fixed this myself by just removing the panels a few time.

2. The recirculating vent button keeps turning off and letting the outside air in.

3. The recirculating vent shall only remain closed on MAX A/C per Ford so I tried that and left everything alone on “LO” temperature and Fan 1. After driving a while on the freeway you can feel a rush of air come in as the vent opens but the light is still on as if the vent is closed. Pressing the recirculation button twice, off and on, closes the vent.

4. The roof rack is made of plastic and the mounting points are cracked before delivery.

5. The front seat roof panels are difficult to remove and may scratch the plastic pieces (as it has on mine) by trying to find a way to get the panels off.

6. The rear seat roof panel cannot be removed with the roof rack on. Why is the rack so short?!

7. The B&O subwoofer makes a lot of weird noises like plastic shatter but nothing is broken back there.

8. The automatic windows either stops randomly, or goes the opposite direction when hitting a bump. This also happens on my F-150. Dealer “retrained” the buttons but happened again within an hour.

9. The double horn feature when you shut the door with the engine on and the key on you.

10. Apple CarPlay doesn’t always connect.

Plenty more…
Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m only 1500 miles in but have had no issues other than the XM radio loses signal constantly. Hope they get yours figured out!

Reactions: Jdc

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
7700 miles in my OBX, no roof rattle, a/c works fine, windows work fine, stereo fine, I don’t use the Apple CarPlay and I don’t have the B&O system, I don’t have a roof rack either. Other than a couple of what I would consider petty things I’ll get taken care of, my Bronco is solid.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The window thing, I’m pretty sure is a safety measure… like a pressure thing in case a child’s head or whatever is hanging out of the window. Hitting a bump in the road increases the felt resistance to the system and reversed the direction.
Happens to me also, but that’s what I came up with… and have replicated it intentionally.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"The window thing"

Why is there so many issues with the windows, you would think this would be one of the simplest things to get right. My 22 BD has issue with putting windows up, both doors have to be open in order to put the windows up. If doors are closed the windows just come right back down. I've been trying to hold off till first oil change but it such a PIA. I do not get it its just a simple circuit, click up go up, click down go down. I mean there is so much technology in this thing and they cant get the windows right

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey all,

I have a 4 door First Edition Hard Top. I took my concerns to the Ford service department and of course nothing could be replicated yet it all occurred the moment I drove it.

Some of these are just annoyance or how Ford may have designed it. Anyone else have these issues?

1. Hard top rattle. I fixed this myself by just removing the panels a few time.

2. The recirculating vent button keeps turning off and letting the outside air in.

3. The recirculating vent shall only remain closed on MAX A/C per Ford so I tried that and left everything alone on “LO” temperature and Fan 1. After driving a while on the freeway you can feel a rush of air come in as the vent opens but the light is still on as if the vent is closed. Pressing the recirculation button twice, off and on, closes the vent.

4. The roof rack is made of plastic and the mounting points are cracked before delivery.

5. The front seat roof panels are difficult to remove and may scratch the plastic pieces (as it has on mine) by trying to find a way to get the panels off.

6. The rear seat roof panel cannot be removed with the roof rack on. Why is the rack so short?!

7. The B&O subwoofer makes a lot of weird noises like plastic shatter but nothing is broken back there.

8. The automatic windows either stops randomly, or goes the opposite direction when hitting a bump. This also happens on my F-150. Dealer “retrained” the buttons but happened again within an hour.

9. The double horn feature when you shut the door with the engine on and the key on you.

10. Apple CarPlay doesn’t always connect.

Plenty more…
My Bronco issue. Built but Ford still hasn't delivered it!

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best Bronco "mod" out there is the Forscan double-honk delete.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can relocate the forward cross bar to the forward position to make the space between the bars longer. Mounting it at the rear position lessens wind noise. I can't envision any way to design a roof rack that would not have to be removed before taking off the rear cap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The window thing, I’m pretty sure is a safety measure… like a pressure thing in case a child’s head or whatever is hanging out of the window. Hitting a bump in the road increases the felt resistance to the system and reversed the direction.
Happens to me also, but that’s what I came up with… and have replicated it intentionally.
Funny that’s what I thought as my work truck (F-150) would do that on bumps but my Bronco window does it even when parked at times.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"The window thing"

Why is there so many issues with the windows, you would think this would be one of the simplest things to get right. My 22 BD has issue with putting windows up, both doors have to be open in order to put the windows up. If doors are closed the windows just come right back down. I've been trying to hold off till first oil change but it such a PIA. I do not get it its just a simple circuit, click up go up, click down go down. I mean there is so much technology in this thing and they cant get the windows right
My dealer “retrained” the controls just to have it not do jack. Same issues.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Bronco issue. Built but Ford still hasn't delivered it!
You might want to follow up on that. Mines wasn’t for deliver until I tracked it down. It was shipping en route. They said it wasn’t claimed but being sent to the dealer. Dealer basically tried to sell it under my nose for profit I assume. I got at sticker still.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
#9, Seriously? Every Bronco has that. The other issues on your list are vehicle specific.

Solution - leave key in vehicle when you get out with engine running
It should be a chime. Other vehicles doesn’t use horn feature, more of a subtle chime for the driver to hear and the passengers at most. Not the neighborhood.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The best Bronco "mod" out there is the Forscan double-honk delete.
Unfortunately any programming may void warranty as I experienced building and programming my Silverado before.
Sponsored