Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda MX5-RFQ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Guys,

I've had a reservation since 3/3/2021 and I'm converting it to a model year 2022 order. The details are below.

I'm eligible for the Price Protection Program but my dealer doesn't know anything about it. He was not aware that the program exists and he does not know how to use it to ensure that I pay the 2021 pricing. Should he be working with Ford to come up with the correct pricing, or should I be calling Ford directly? I'm interested in any details that any of you can share regarding this program and how it works. I want to make sure that I have the correct pricing on the purchase agreement before I sign it. Can you tell me what you believe I should be paying? It appears that I just need to understand what the correct 2021 pricing would be for the Base 2-Door and the Sasquatch package.

2022 Bronco Base 2 Door:

• 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 Engine
  • 7-Speed Manual Transmission
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring Beadlock Capable
  • 35" LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain Tires
  • Iconic Silver Metallic
  • Cloth Gray/Black Seats
  • Base Package
  • Sasquatch™ Package
Thanks!
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guys,

I've had a reservation since 3/3/2021 and I'm converting it to a model year 2022 order. The details are below.

I'm eligible for the Price Protection Program but my dealer doesn't know anything about it. He was not aware that the program exists and he does not know how to use it to ensure that I pay the 2021 pricing. Should he be working with Ford to come up with the correct pricing, or should I be calling Ford directly? I'm interested in any details that any of you can share regarding this program and how it works. I want to make sure that I have the correct pricing on the purchase agreement before I sign it. Can you tell me what you believe I should be paying? It appears that I just need to understand what the correct 2021 pricing would be for the Base 2-Door and the Sasquatch package.

2022 Bronco Base 2 Door:

• 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 Engine
  • 7-Speed Manual Transmission
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring Beadlock Capable
  • 35" LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain Tires
  • Iconic Silver Metallic
  • Cloth Gray/Black Seats
  • Base Package
  • Sasquatch™ Package
Thanks!
The 2021 Base with just Sasquatch is $38,025 (including destination and acquisition fees). Here is all the information your dealer would need in the thread below. You basically get a voucher for the price difference between the 2021 and 2022 models.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-price-protection-announced.24981/

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@bdub2you posted a link to the thread about it... all good info.

But the short version is this:
  • The amount for your price protection is based on what you had on order in 2021. If you had a 2-door Base on order last year, your price protection will be $800.
  • The price protection is a certificate from Ford themselves. When you take delivery, you will receive the certificate from Ford. This is likely why your dealer has never heard of it, because they play no part in the price protection process.
  • You will pay whatever price you and your dealer agree to (probably MSRP or a little higher). The price protection doesn't come into play when negotiating your final price with your dealer.
  • You will get price protection regardless of the final price you agree to with your dealer. If you somehow manage to negotiate below MSRP, you will still get the price protection certificate.
  • Once you receive your price protection certificate, you can redeem that certificate when taking delivery.
EDIT:

Another way to think of it is this... during a "normal" year, at the end of a model year Ford will often offer incentives like "$2000 CASH BACK!!" in an attempt to clear out old inventory and prepare for the new model year. Those are offers provided by the manufacturers themselves, not by the dealer. In effect, the manufacturers will pay the dealers to take off $2000 from the final sale price. This rebate works in the same way, except the certificate is unique to you.

So the final price is as follows:

[Agreed upon purchase price] - [Manufacturer incentives] - [Price Protection Certificate] + [Dealer documentation fees] + [Misc fees] + [Sales tax] = [Final price]

Hopefully that made sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP

phobert

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda MX5-RFQ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@bdub2you posted a link to the thread about it... all good info.

But the short version is this:
  • The amount for your price protection is based on what you had on order in 2021. If you had a 2-door Base on order last year, your price protection will be $800.
  • The price protection is a certificate from Ford themselves. After you take delivery, you will receive the certificate from Ford. This is likely why your dealer has never heard of it, because they play no part in the price protection process.
  • You will pay whatever price you and your dealer agree to (probably MSRP or a little higher). The price protection doesn't come into play when negotiating your final price with your dealer.
  • You will get price protection regardless of the final price you agree to with your dealer. If you somehow manage to negotiate below MSRP, you will still get the price protection certificate.

This is very helpful. Thank you! I didn't have a 2021 on order, I just had the reservation since 3/3/21. My dealer told me that I had to wait to order a 22. The statement below is from an email that I received from Ford. Based on this, I should have price protection even though I did not have a 2021 on order. Do you agree? If this is the case, I'm assuming that my certificate will be based on what the 2021 price would have been. I now know (thanks to you) that the certificate would be $800. Have you heard of any issues with price protection for reservation holders that did not convert to a MY21 order?

"We also want to reassure you that you will not incur an increase in the MSRP as part of this model-year change. Please note, the Bronco price protection program is for 2021 Bronco two- and four-door order and reservation holders recorded as of March 19, 2021."

OP
OP

phobert

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda MX5-RFQ
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2021 Base with just Sasquatch is $38,025 (including destination and acquisition fees). Here is all the information your dealer would need in the thread below. You basically get a voucher for the price difference between the 2021 and 2022 models.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-price-protection-announced.24981/
Thank you. Do you happen to have a breakdown of the $38,025, so that I can understand it better? I'm assuming that it's made up of base vehicle price (MSRP), Sasquatch package, and destination/delivery.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP