Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am new to posting so not sure if I should have posted as a reply or just added this to the existing thread.

I reserved fairly early on 7/23/2020 with my $100 deposit and then waited for news to order with my dealer until 1/20/2021. When my dealer was ready for me to order, I was one of 8 reservations, and there were only 5 allocations for the dealer. The dealer said they were doing first come first serve order conversions and those that didn't convert to order would have their reservation canceled and lose their place entirely. They also required a $1000 dollar deposit to convert to an order at that point. I see no problem with the deposit, but I am not sure that the reservation holders would have been canceled at that point or if it would have been shuffled on. Needless to say, I converted it to order and put $1000 down on the 20th and got put in the system with my order. I ordered a 2 door badlands manual lux package, so I knew there were many constraints that would cause delay with my configuration.

I waited much like the rest of you, getting the promises from Ford on price protection and points and everything, but little when it came to actual updates. In October I was informed that I would be shifted into 2022 and needed to rebuild my Bronco with the build and price tool. I quickly rebuilt, changing only the paint color (from black to green) and adding the sasquatch package, now available with the manual. I only removed the things that were no longer optional and did not add any other accessories or packages. I put this in on 10/19/21.

More waiting and ultimately I was scheduled on 7/29/2022 and built on 8/28~ish/2022. My dealer received the shipment on 8/29/2022, and I completed the purchase on 9/3/2022.

(I start referencing this forum heavily: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/)

Through "negotiating" with my dealer I did get the $1100 dollar down payment taken off, both the reservation and my order down payment. For the price protection, we had difficulties, as my dealer was seemingly unaware of the price protection policy, and had no clue how to do it, and neither did their contact at Ford. They found my certificate somewhere and put it in the system and it did take off the $975 from column A for 2-door badlands. This did not take off the $2000 from column B for the midyear price increases. Slightly concerned since I was buying outright and not financing (third-party financing), I called Ford marketing and spoke to an individual who only identified themselves as "Bradly" which is all but useless in a large company. They said that the 2k was issued as a rebate and WOULD BE SENT TO MY HOME ADDRESS after they verified that I the reservation holder purchased the vehicle. I accepted this and moved on with the purchase and then waited for my $2000 rebate from Ford. Just this week I called marketing at Ford again and asked, and they said this 2k would have been sent to my dealer that I need to talk to them and that they could do nothing about it.

I see on the thread linked above that people are claiming to have gotten checks from ford directly, and also claiming the opposite so I am not sure what is the truth. It seems with 800 numbers that you get a different answer based on who picks up the phone.

I do not appreciate being given the run-around and I do not know what my next steps should be. I will probably end up going to my dealer in person and talking, but I'm sure if they got the 2k they pocketed it and have no obligation to give it to me. Ford definitely bait-and-switched this MSRP price protection. It should not take this much fighting and effort from a consumer to get what was guaranteed by the company.

Any help or feedback from @Ford Motor Company is appreciated.

Ultimately I am asking: 1) How did others that outright bought their Bronco receive the second price protection amount? 2) What should I do and who should I contact at Ford to resolve this/file a complaint?, 3) Am I right in thinking I get both column A and B price protection? I followed the chart and looks good to me and others I asked.

I think it is downright wrong that I was told by a Ford employee something and that they would not identify themselves with a full name or employee number so that they can be accountable for what they said. It is also upsetting that ford cannot roll out this policy to its dealers in a more informed way so that it is not a disaster when it comes to purchasing.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am new to posting so not sure if I should have posted as a reply or just added this to the existing thread.

I reserved fairly early on 7/23/2020 with my $100 deposit and then waited for news to order with my dealer until 1/20/2021. When my dealer was ready for me to order, I was one of 8 reservations, and there were only 5 allocations for the dealer. The dealer said they were doing first come first serve order conversions and those that didn't convert to order would have their reservation canceled and lose their place entirely. They also required a $1000 dollar deposit to convert to an order at that point. I see no problem with the deposit, but I am not sure that the reservation holders would have been canceled at that point or if it would have been shuffled on. Needless to say, I converted it to order and put $1000 down on the 20th and got put in the system with my order. I ordered a 2 door badlands manual lux package, so I knew there were many constraints that would cause delay with my configuration.

I waited much like the rest of you, getting the promises from Ford on price protection and points and everything, but little when it came to actual updates. In October I was informed that I would be shifted into 2022 and needed to rebuild my Bronco with the build and price tool. I quickly rebuilt, changing only the paint color (from black to green) and adding the sasquatch package, now available with the manual. I only removed the things that were no longer optional and did not add any other accessories or packages. I put this in on 10/19/21.

More waiting and ultimately I was scheduled on 7/29/2022 and built on 8/28~ish/2022. My dealer received the shipment on 8/29/2022, and I completed the purchase on 9/3/2022.

(I start referencing this forum heavily: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/)

Through "negotiating" with my dealer I did get the $1100 dollar down payment taken off, both the reservation and my order down payment. For the price protection, we had difficulties, as my dealer was seemingly unaware of the price protection policy, and had no clue how to do it, and neither did their contact at Ford. They found my certificate somewhere and put it in the system and it did take off the $975 from column A for 2-door badlands. This did not take off the $2000 from column B for the midyear price increases. Slightly concerned since I was buying outright and not financing (third-party financing), I called Ford marketing and spoke to an individual who only identified themselves as "Bradly" which is all but useless in a large company. They said that the 2k was issued as a rebate and WOULD BE SENT TO MY HOME ADDRESS after they verified that I the reservation holder purchased the vehicle. I accepted this and moved on with the purchase and then waited for my $2000 rebate from Ford. Just this week I called marketing at Ford again and asked, and they said this 2k would have been sent to my dealer that I need to talk to them and that they could do nothing about it.

I see on the thread linked above that people are claiming to have gotten checks from ford directly, and also claiming the opposite so I am not sure what is the truth. It seems with 800 numbers that you get a different answer based on who picks up the phone.

I do not appreciate being given the run-around and I do not know what my next steps should be. I will probably end up going to my dealer in person and talking, but I'm sure if they got the 2k they pocketed it and have no obligation to give it to me. Ford definitely bait-and-switched this MSRP price protection. It should not take this much fighting and effort from a consumer to get what was guaranteed by the company.

Any help or feedback from @Ford Motor Company is appreciated.

Ultimately I am asking: 1) How did others that outright bought their Bronco receive the second price protection amount? 2) What should I do and who should I contact at Ford to resolve this/file a complaint?, 3) Am I right in thinking I get both column A and B price protection? I followed the chart and looks good to me and others I asked.

I think it is downright wrong that I was told by a Ford employee something and that they would not identify themselves with a full name or employee number so that they can be accountable for what they said. It is also upsetting that ford cannot roll out this policy to its dealers in a more informed way so that it is not a disaster when it comes to purchasing.
Some members who were bumped from 2021 to 2022, and therefore were able to add the previously-unavailable Sasquatch to their manual trans, consider themselves fortunate. To have the Lux package on top of that, and the 2-door, is the dream machine for some. Hopefully you will enjoy your unique machine while this is worked out with Ford and your dealer.

How much exactly do you think you are "owed"? Did adding SAS remove price protection? Still worth it, it seems.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would keep calling the marketing line until you get the an answer you like.

This whole price protection mumbo jumbo is just the icing on the shit cake.

Remember there is ZERO incentive for the dealer to help you.

So I will remind you of what Ford says (note this is for MY23):

What is the 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer?

This offer is intended to help offset the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) increase from the time of reservation/order date to the current MSRP of your vehicle. The name has been changed from Bronco Price Protection to 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer. Contact your Ford Dealer for more information about the 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer.
When I went into my dealer to place the MY23 (re)order I specifically had them note that the price was minus any price protection. In their writing. On the order.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I spoke to several people at Ford (800 #) and always got a different answer. Some said the dealer would give me a check. Some said it would come to my house. No one even knew how much it would be for. I picked up my Bronco in July '22 and still haven't received anything. It's totally fishy and, frankly, just a lie that Ford put out there. I was a 7/14/20 rep holder, always followed all the ridiculous "rules" as I got pushed forward month after month, and still got hosed.

@Ford Motor Company does not care that they advertised something and then gave us nothing. For those that have not received their price protection, I would welcome collecting info and considering a class action lawsuit.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Small dealer = no experience with mid-year price increases.

The dealer is supposed to charge you your ORDER price. That's the price on the DORA. Minus the certificate in SmartVincent if one exists.

The $2000 mid-year price protection confuses the dealers.

The new sticker minus the $2000 equals your original theoretical sticker price. The price of your Bronco only went up on the sticker, it didn't actually go up for the dealer.

Ford doesn't send ANY checks to ANYONE. They re-invoice the dealer at the original order price invoice, once the dealer sells it to the original ordering individual.

Most dealers either charged what was on the order sheet, or sticker minus mid-year price protection, which is the same thing. (technically the DORA will be $100 less, because of an increase in the delivery fee)

A few dealers wanted to float the difference until they were re-invoiced (screwing their customer) and the dealer sent out a check a couple months later. Of course that means the customer ended up paying extra sales tax.

Sponsored

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only ordered in 22 right before order banks closed, no reservation. My dealer took the price protection difference right off the sticker price.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those that have not received their price protection, I would welcome collecting info and considering a class action lawsuit.
You don't have a class. Your dealer screwed you over, not Ford.
Ford re-invoiced your dealer within 30 days of the sale. Your dealer made an extra $2000 of you, not Ford.

(you could have a class, but the class would be folks who bought from the same dealer you did)

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don't have a class. Your dealer screwed you over, not Ford.
Ford re-invoiced your dealer within 30 days of the sale. Your dealer made an extra $2000 of you, not Ford.

(you could have a class, but the class would be folks who bought from the same dealer you did)
Not true. Ford itself has been directly telling folks they would get $$. They say it’s in the mail. It doesn’t come. Ford is creating a class of buyers who have been mislead.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went with a small town dealer.
10/20 reservation
3/21 order confirmation
12/21 re-order for '22 (only had DORA for '21)
9/22 delivered
Got 975 back from Ford, plus 2100 off MSRP (based on re-order)

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How much exactly do you think you are "owed"? Did adding SAS remove price protection? Still worth it, it seems.
Depends entirely on the build.

Looks like a 2-door Badlands in the profile pic. If it's a Manlands (2.3/MT) then you're better off taking $5,200 and burning it for warmth for all the "value" Sasquatch adds.

(Garbage tires, 1" wider fender flares and rims you need to spend another $1K to make functional)

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree. I got screwed out of my price protection and my 100 reservation. @Ford Motor Company points and dealer and vice versa. Consumers get screwed.

Zombie Salamander

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
numerous Ford vehicles 1970's to present
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer can't find any price protection offer in Smart Vincent, and Ford can't either. I ordered my Bronco back in the 10/15/21 as a MY22, and then converted it to a MY23 on 10/25/22. I originally ordered a BadManSquatch 2 door, and when I converted to MY23 I removed the roof rack, navigation, and Sasquatch package along with adding the base LED headlights in hopes to expedite my build. My Bronco was built 12/19/22, so I believe the option changes I did may have helped speed up the process. Neither my dealer or Ford can tell me why my $2,450 price protection (group B pricing for MY22 Badlands 2 door) is not showing up in Smart Vicent, so I guess I will just be getting screwed over as if I never ordered my Bronco over a year ago. This whole process is so poorly mismanaged It is unreal.

OP
OP
Tswag

Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some members who were bumped from 2021 to 2022, and therefore were able to add the previously-unavailable Sasquatch to their manual trans, consider themselves fortunate. To have the Lux package on top of that, and the 2-door, is the dream machine for some. Hopefully you will enjoy your unique machine while this is worked out with Ford and your dealer.

I should have $2000 for the mid year price increase as shown in column B of the table: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/ which is PGM#38446 I believe.

Yes, I am happy with my bronco and it definitely turns heads.

I would keep calling the marketing line until you get the an answer you like.

This whole price protection mumbo jumbo is just the icing on the shit cake.

Remember there is ZERO incentive for the dealer to help you.

So I will remind you of what Ford says (note this is for MY23):

When I went into my dealer to place the MY23 (re)order I specifically had them note that the price was minus any price protection. In their writing. On the order.
Yes, there was zero incentive for my dealer to help me, and actually, an incentive for them to not help. If I did not buy my Bronco, they could sell it and mark it up 10-20K pure profit. I will probably call the marketing line tomorrow and see if a)anyone is there and b) what new different answer I get.

Small dealer = no experience with mid-year price increases.

The dealer is supposed to charge you your ORDER price. That's the price on the DORA. Minus the certificate in SmartVincent if one exists.

The $2000 mid-year price protection confuses the dealers.

The new sticker minus the $2000 equals your original theoretical sticker price. The price of your Bronco only went up on the sticker, it didn't actually go up for the dealer.

Ford doesn't send ANY checks to ANYONE. They re-invoice the dealer at the original order price invoice, once the dealer sells it to the original ordering individual.

Most dealers either charged what was on the order sheet, or sticker minus mid-year price protection, which is the same thing. (technically the DORA will be $100 less, because of an increase in the delivery fee)

A few dealers wanted to float the difference until they were re-invoiced (screwing their customer) and the dealer sent out a check a couple months later. Of course that means the customer ended up paying extra sales tax.
No, my order price did go up. My order price went up 2975 for the dealer from 2021 to 2022. It shows this in the system, as if I ordered freshly in 2022. My understanding is that after Ford verifies that I bought it they adjust the MSRP in DORA by the 2k in my case and then that 2k goes somewhere magical.

I'm curious if anyone received checks from Ford, since I've read on here that people did. People may be convolving Ford with their dealer? I wouldn't expect them to do this, but again that is what I heard on the phone one day.

Alright home now.

So you ordered a 2-door Bronco... which means you are eligible for the following:

Private offer certificate ($975)

This is presented in a system called Smart Vincent that dealers have access to. The vast majority of the time people will simply deduct this amount from the selling price of the vehicle. If the you or the dealer opt not to go with that approach and decided for the cash-back option instead, Ford will send out a check after the vehicle has been verified sold to you.

In your case it sounds like they applied the $975, so you're good there.

Retail price protection ($2000)

This price protection is standard for all Ford vehicles, it is not a special program specific to the Bronco). @AZ_Liberty did a good job explaining it in his post already, but just to reiterate...

Essentially the dealer is supposed to charge you what the vehicle was priced when you originally submitted your 2022MY order. In Ford lingo, your price should be the price of the vehicle on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement), which is given to the dealer after the order is submitted to Ford and verified (usually within 48 hours after your visit to the dealer).

Dealers are supposed to charge you the DORA price when you go to pick up the vehicle, not the sticker price. However, some dealers refuse to uphold retail price protection to protect themselves from paperwork mishaps until they get the invoice price of the vehicle adjusted on the dealer payment statement by Ford. This typically happens 45 days (usually less) after the vehicle has been verified sold. Once the dealer gets that adjustment, they will send out the check to the customer.

Regardless of which method the dealer opts to do... there is no rebate or check from Ford for retail price protection. It has to come from the dealer. And after spending the last year of my life explaining this to people, I can guarantee you that some dealers are completely clueless and don't even know retail price protection is a thing. They are knowingly or unknowingly pocketing an extra $2000 from you, and also the invoice kickback from Ford.

---

<Insert standard disclaimer that the final selling price is not up to Ford and is ultimately between you and the dealer here.>
So it seems like I need to check with my dealer, and see if they got a reinvoice for my vehicle and fight for the 2k? Are they in any way obligated to give that 2k to me? (Pretty sure the answer is no)

Ultimately, I paid MSRP-$975+Taxes&Fees, so I did avoid any dealer markup, which is good. They did try to slap a 5k markup on me but I had in writing that they would just charge MSRP. Knowing this it probably makes it all the harder to get the 2k from the dealer. It's crazy that ford is returning the price protection to the dealer, which has little obligation to return it to the customer, especially one that is not financing with them. This procedure, though chaotic, would be all the easier if Ford actually published in writing how this was to happen. which they have not.

I'll start with the dealer and see how that goes. Then, I'll give the 800 number a call and see. Ford should be serving their customers on this, as this process has dissuaded me from purchasing from Ford in the future.

Thanks for all the help. Ill keep an eye out for other people's insights and will update how it goes for me.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have $2000 for the mid year price increase as shown in column B of the table: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/ which is PGM#38446 I believe.

Yes, I am happy with my bronco and it definitely turns heads.

Yes, there was zero incentive for my dealer to help me, and actually, an incentive for them to not help. If I did not buy my Bronco, they could sell it and mark it up 10-20K pure profit. I will probably call the marketing line tomorrow and see if a)anyone is there and b) what new different answer I get.

No, my order price did go up. My order price went up 2975 for the dealer from 2021 to 2022. It shows this in the system, as if I ordered freshly in 2022. My understanding is that after Ford verifies that I bought it they adjust the MSRP in DORA by the 2k in my case and then that 2k goes somewhere magical.

I'm curious if anyone received checks from Ford, since I've read on here that people did. People may be convolving Ford with their dealer? I wouldn't expect them to do this, but again that is what I heard on the phone one day.

So it seems like I need to check with my dealer, and see if they got a reinvoice for my vehicle and fight for the 2k? Are they in any way obligated to give that 2k to me? (Pretty sure the answer is no)

Ultimately, I paid MSRP-$975+Taxes&Fees, so I did avoid any dealer markup, which is good. They did try to slap a 5k markup on me but I had in writing that they would just charge MSRP. Knowing this it probably makes it all the harder to get the 2k from the dealer. It's crazy that ford is returning the price protection to the dealer, which has little obligation to return it to the customer, especially one that is not financing with them. This procedure, though chaotic, would be all the easier if Ford actually published in writing how this was to happen. which they have not.

I'll start with the dealer and see how that goes. Then, I'll give the 800 number a call and see. Ford should be serving their customers on this, as this process has dissuaded me from purchasing from Ford in the future.

Thanks for all the help. Ill keep an eye out for other people's insights and will update how it goes for me.
A gentle reminder that you are not Ford’s customer. The dealer is. Their loyalty is with the dealer not you.

We are mere consumers and have limited resources for recourse. If you don’t get anywhere with the dealer then you can remind the dealer that your reviews on sites like Google and Yelp, plus the Ford survey will be unfavorable.

Before pulling that card be sure the dealer can explain explicitly as to why you are not due the price protection. In writing.
Sponsored