Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone having problems getting @Ford Motor Company Price Protection for MY22.5? My MY22 Price Protection Certificate is showing up at the dealer, but not the MY22.5 Certificate. Ford Customer Service says it won’t show up in the system until the vehicle is sold. Dealer won’t reduce price without certificate, so dealer says they’ll issue me a check if it comes from Ford. No one really knows what’s going on.

Anyone in the same boat or have had this issue resolve itself?
Sponsored

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's funny you just wrote this and I literally just got off the phone with my dealer asking this exact thing. My dealer stated that they honor price protection based upon order date and didn't mention a certificate.... Maybe I am missing something.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer needs to get with the ford rep because my certificate in their system shows a max of 975. But there is a $2,800 discrepancy. I was a 2020 reservation holder and I never once changed model/body type etc so I should be protected. But it isn’t showing on my Vincent report.

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer needs to get with the ford rep because my certificate in their system shows a max of 975. But there is a $2,800 discrepancy. I was a 2020 reservation holder and I never once changed model/body type etc so I should be protected. But it isn’t showing on my Vincent report.
Ford Customer Service is blaming the problem on nefarious dealers/buyers and are making dealers/buyers wait 3-6 months before they send a rebate check. There’s no guarantee that the buyers even gets the rebate, so you know most are going to end up in dealers’ accounts.

@Ford Motor Company needs to fix this immediately. They promised price protection not rebate checks.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fortunately when the dealer controllers see rebates or money it is their job to audit and distribute the funds associated with the vin. We shall see how it all plays out but we definitely need to remain proactive.

Sponsored
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Customer Service is blaming the problem on nefarious dealers/buyers and are making dealers/buyers wait 3-6 months before they send a rebate check. There’s no guarantee that the buyers even gets the rebate, so you know most are going to end up in dealers’ accounts.

@Ford Motor Company needs to fix this immediately. They promised price protection not rebate checks.
Any update on this? My dealer confirmed I should be entitled to the price protection rebate but has yet to pay me and has now stopped responding to my inquiries. Seems broken @Ford Motor Company.

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update on this? My dealer confirmed I should be entitled to the price protection rebate but has yet to pay me and has now stopped responding to my inquiries. Seems broken @Ford Motor Company.
Mine came out of the blue 90 days after I picked my truck up. I'd call @Ford Motor Company and confirm you are in the system and are owed a rebate (they confirmed me).

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t get any PP certificate - just a sales order and a promise for price protection.

Said “promise” was recently tested about 2 months ago when I was switched from MY22 to MY23. Dealer sent me a new sales order for me to sign - with a higher price. I called and raised a little hell about “what happened to my price protection?”.

After “checking with the boss” (car salesmen always gotta “check with the boss”) - he came back with a “our bad” and sent me over a new modified sales order that had the original price on it. So I signed that.

So far as I know - that signed sales order is my price protection. I’m currently scheduled for a build week of 12/19. So I’m guessing sometime in Jan/Feb we can put this “promise” to the final test.

My plan is to stick to my guns on this. Yeah…I’ve been waiting a year and it would suck to have that all be for nothing. But that same weakness is a strength: I’ve been waiting a year so if I gotta cancel and then go wait a little longer for a Jeep or Toyota…..not the end of my world.

But it would be the end of me ever buying a Ford anything ever again.

Still….I’m really hoping to end up with a Bronco at the end of all this. So sending out good thoughts.

We’ll see.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine came out of the blue 90 days after I picked my truck up. I'd call @Ford Motor Company and confirm you are in the system and are owed a rebate (they confirmed me).
Was the rebate sent to the dealer or directly to you?

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, I thought that's how it worked. Good to hear the dealer didn't keep it!

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you call Ford Marketing dept. to get this info? These dealers are hiding the entire process of this and the whole "we never heard of that" doesn't work

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

did you call Ford Marketing dept. to get this info? These dealers are hiding the entire process of this and the whole "we never heard of that" doesn't work
Yes

nielsens2001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone having problems getting @Ford Motor Company Price Protection for MY22.5? My MY22 Price Protection Certificate is showing up at the dealer, but not the MY22.5 Certificate. Ford Customer Service says it won’t show up in the system until the vehicle is sold. Dealer won’t reduce price without certificate, so dealer says they’ll issue me a check if it comes from Ford. No one really knows what’s going on.

Anyone in the same boat or have had this issue resolve itself?
Was told the same, never saw the check. After fighting with dealer last 4 months, I’ve just given up.