David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m so happy I have this site
…actually, if the order is submitted, it should also have the order number on the form. But they could have generated this for your approval before hitting the submit button.
correcrt I believe this was the case, she actually messed this one up as badlands when I wanted outerbanks so it was redone. It was sent to me to double check everything was fisher before submission, which it was not
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, you cannot have a MOD or Painted Hard Top in MY21, your dealer is correct. If you want to swap from Soft Top to MIC Hard Top then you should be able to unless what you are saying about being your dealer's first full-size Bronco order is true, you may have already been scheduled for Production.

Do you have a VIN assigned? Has your dealer mentioned anything about a build date or production estimate?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so happy I have this site
correcrt I believe this was the case, she actually messed this one up as badlands when I wanted outerbanks so it was redone. It was sent to me to double check everything was fisher before submission, which it was not
I have a brilliant theory about what's going on!

I think the dealer believes they placed an order for your bronco... but what they really did was place an order for a *stock* unit to sit on the lot...

This is bad because it will be deprioritized after all customer retail orders are produced... and would also explain why they can't add the MIC top.

My theory is Ford is allowing for dealer stock units to be ordered/produced in MY21 to keep the line running through retail order commodity issues... but under the condition that they are ordered with soft tops (that makes sense).

That's what the "program" is that is being referred to in this leak from yesterday:

Ford Bronco Problems ordering with dealer 1624556034895

@Ollamote you need to speak to the dealer and point out your WBDO says "Stock" along with a non-retail order Priority Code (should be 10-19).

If my theory is correct, they'll create a Retail order for you and be able to spec it exactly how you want it. Also, it will have your name on it so it will be "yours" and you'll be able to watch the progress through your Ford.com account.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, you cannot have a MOD or Painted Hard Top in MY21, your dealer is correct. If you want to swap from Soft Top to MIC Hard Top then you should be able to unless what you are saying about being your dealer's first full-size Bronco order is true, you may have already been scheduled for Production.

Do you have a VIN assigned? Has your dealer mentioned anything about a build date or production estimate?
Yes I’m aware I can’t have one in twenty twenty one. I was just hoping to find out how to get my current order to get a black painted hardtop on it and be marked to wait till 2022 now? I’ve been told she can’t select it in wbdo to change my order now. Also I was told at the start it would be built in and delivered in September but I figured she was blowing Smoke up my ass after I started reading everything on this forum. I’m starting to think everywhere else In the world just HD all their dealer allocations scooped up. I’m not kiddi g when I say they were allocated three and all three have no been claimed lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I’m aware I can’t have one in twenty twenty one. I was just hoping to find out how to get my current order to get a black painted hardtop on it and be marked to wait till 2022 now? I’ve been told she can’t select it in wbdo to change my order now. Also I was told at the start it would be built in and delivered in September but I figured she was blowing Smoke up my ass after I started reading everything on this forum. I’m starting to think everywhere else In the world just HD all their dealer allocations scooped up. I’m not kiddi g when I say they were allocated three and all three have no been claimed lol
Aside from the WBDO saying "stock"

If you want to wait for the Black Painted Modular Top, when she generates/places your order, have her leave it coded "99".... once the MY22 order banks open, you'll add the MOD top and recode it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aside from the WBDO saying "stock"

If you want to wait for the Black Painted Modular Top, when she generates/places your order, have her leave it coded "99".... once the MY22 order banks open, you'll add the MOD top and recode it.
Yes because right now you cannot reserve with a black painted hardtop is my issue. So if I get my current order coded with code 99 that means it won’t go thru? And we can wait till 2022 when they are available and change it to a painted mod hard top without losing my spot in line?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes because right now you cannot reserve with a black painted hardtop is my issue. So if I get my current order coded with code 99 that means it won’t go thru? And we can wait till 2022 when they are available and change it to a painted mod hard top without losing my spot in line?
Exactly correct.

Orders begin life as a 99, then they are submitted and given a regular priority code... to keep/get an order coded as 99, the dealer either needs to *not* submit it with a different priority code, or if it already has a different code, the dealer must request the change to 99 be made through the region/zone (dealership doesn't have the power to code something 99 after it's been changed)

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly correct.

Orders begin life as a 99, then they are submitted and given a regular priority code... to keep/get an order coded as 99, the dealer either needs to *not* submit it with a different priority code, or if it already has a different code, the dealer must request the change to 99 be made through the region/zone (dealership doesn't have the power to code something 99 after it's been changed)
So if I wanted to start over with my dealer, for clarification. Go to her and I don’t need to reserve because they allocations correct ? Place an order for what I want - the hardtop and + soft top. Ask for a 99 code and I’m then still technically “in line” they will just pass me over for production as if I’m a build with the towing package when they dont have the towingpackage parts but retain my spot. Hard tops become available sometime in 22, remove code 99 and I’m now in the pool of vehicles able to be built?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I wanted to start over with my dealer, for clarification. Go to her and I don’t need to reserve because they allocations correct ? Place an order for what I want - the hardtop and + soft top. Ask for a 99 code and I’m then still technically “in line” they will just pass me over for production as if I’m a build with the towing package when they dont have the towingpackage parts but retain my spot. Hard tops become available sometime in 22, remove code 99 and I’m now in the pool of vehicles able to be built?
Basically yes.

The only thing is your dealer will not be able to add the Mod or Dual Tops to your order... the system wont allow it... they aren't available options. As far as the ordering system is concerned, it would be like trying to order your bronco with hover functionality... no matter how certain you are it will be an option some day, it's not one now.

They will need to put something else in the order (only things that are available now in MY21), like a MIC hard top as a place holder.

Once they do that, the system will accept it. They keep it a code 99, and every time Ford goes to schedule they see it's a 99 and they just skip it.

When MY22 ordering opens, and those options become available in the system, you'll have to have your dealer modify your order to include the MOD/Dual Tops. Then they will change the priority code to a 10-19 and you'll be good to go.

As far as we understand, Ford will continue to consider the reservation (or in your case, order) time stamp through all MY22 backlog production.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ollamote

OP can you clarify one thing. Did you make your reservation through Ford.com and pay your $100, or did you walk into a dealership and say, "I'd like a Bronco"?

If it's the latter then I'm not sure FoMoCo is going to prioritize your order because you don't necessarily have a timestamp. FoMoCo just sees it as a dealer ordering a Bronco for inventory.

So your process should have been:
1) Ford.com reservation / choose your dealership = $100
2) Go to dealership and convert reservation to an order and confirm price of your vehicle = $Whatever your dealer asked, for you $2000
3) Make changes to your order prior to a VIN being issued
4) VIN issued
5) Wait until delivery

Now at step 2 if you want them to build you should have a priority code 10-19. It sounds like you want the MOD top so you would need to be a 99 as explained by others.

However, I'm not sure when the order banks open for 22MY if you'll be a priority, unless you went through the above process, even if your dealer then changes the code to 10-19 because you don't have a time stamp with FoMoCo.

@ZackDanger Thoughts?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ollamote

OP can you clarify one thing. Did you make your reservation through Ford.com and pay your $100, or did you walk into a dealership and say, "I'd like a Bronco"?

If it's the latter then I'm not sure FoMoCo is going to prioritize your order because you don't necessarily have a timestamp. FoMoCo just sees it as a dealer ordering a Bronco for inventory.

So your process should have been:
1) Ford.com reservation / choose your dealership = $100
2) Go to dealership and convert reservation to an order and confirm price of your vehicle = $Whatever your dealer asked, for you $2000
3) Make changes to your order prior to a VIN being issued
4) VIN issued
5) Wait until delivery

Now at step 2 if you want them to build you should have a priority code 10-19. It sounds like you want the MOD top so you would need to be a 99 as explained by others.

However, I'm not sure when the order banks open for 22MY if you'll be a priority, unless you went through the above process, even if your dealer then changes the code to 10-19 because you don't have a time stamp with FoMoCo.

@ZackDanger Thoughts?
Granted I have no evidence to support this, but I had figured that the Ford schedulers/system, while pulling MY21 builds, would either look at reservation timestamp and order timestamp, and take which ever one is earlier, *or*, if a new order is created without converting an order, it creates a concurrent "reservation" in the system at the same time.

(So like, as soon as a customer's order is entered into WBDO, that's the reservation time stamp... and then when the order is given a 10-19 priority, that would be the order timestamp).

I honestly don't know...

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granted I have no evidence to support this, but I had figured that the Ford schedulers/system, while pulling MY21 builds, would either look at reservation timestamp and order timestamp, and take which ever one is earlier, *or*, if a new order is created without converting an order, it creates a concurrent "reservation" in the system at the same time.

(So like, as soon as a customer's order is entered into WBDO, that's the reservation time stamp... and then when the order is given a 10-19 priority, that would be the order timestamp).

I honestly don't know...
Yea neither do I. I mean your take is logical and rational.....so it's probably not that.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea neither do I. I mean your take is logical and rational.....so it's probably not that.
I’m going to get my auxiliary gal to hook me up with the main guy at the dealership in the town over. I’ll be sure to ask him if he could clarify this issue and I will let’s you guys know what I learn when I learn it :) It’s important to differentiate between the two as no I did not reserve online. I was my aunt actually, is a friend of the lady here in my town and I’ve been communicating with her through text and phone because I am currently away at work. As soon as we began conversing we were in the process of placing an “order” as far as I am concerned. I’m still not 100% sure if I skipped the reservation process due to the fact that I am in a small town and none of our allocated bronco orders had been claimed or not. It does seem logical that reservation wouldn’t be needed if you start from the beginning as an order but the logical solution isn’t always the correct one :p

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Humour me, how would this process change for me if I did decide to cover all my bases and make a reservation online at Ford.com first? Is that quick? Not sure what I’m trying to say really or what that process entails.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Humour me, how would this process change for me if I did decide to cover all my bases and make a reservation online at Ford.com first? Is that quick? Not sure what I’m trying to say really or what that process entails.

IF you need to, I would clarify first because I think this is a new situation for the forum.

You would make an online reservation, pick a trim doesn't matter which you can change later. Cancel your current order.

Then use the reservation #, and go to the dealer and convert that reservation to an order.

Ford has repeatedly said that the timestamp on the reservation, not the timestamp when converted, is what best determines the order of production. Obviously with some commodities having a shortage it's not an exact order.

And that's the concern for you right now. You have an order, but not a reservation, so it MAY be pushed to the end after they build reservation holders Broncos first.
Sponsored