First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi guys, so my dealer is telling me she cannot change my order I placed yesterday to a hard top because is isn’t an option “available on their internal site” at the moment. This makes zero sense right? Basically went soft top cause of how long it would be until I received it, after placing my order I did some reading and realized all things considered It wouldn’t be a big difference between hardtop and soft top where I ordered so late so I wanted to change my order and wait for 2022 model. I just wanna have my name in the queue for when production starts on these but can’t figure out how to get my foot in the door, please help? I’m just having the worst time with my local dealer trying to get myself on the list for my own bronco and anything you guys could to to help me explain to my inept dealer would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been dealing with this for weeks and I’m just about through lol
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2-doors and Wildtraks are hard top only if I’m not mistaken. If yours isn’t one of those and your order hasn’t been picked up for production, they should be able to change it.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2-doors and Wildtraks are hard top only if I’m not mistaken. If yours isn’t one of those and your order hasn’t been picked up for production, they should be able to change it.
I mean I just submitted my original order yesterday. I can’t imagine they couldn’t change it to a hardtop? She’s telling me that it’s not possible but I think it is?

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She’s dealing with a guy from
The town over becomes she’s not like a real dealer? It’s a frustrating experience

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don’t have a soft top only model. The MIC constraints exist but not in the ordering process. Ask them (or a different salesman) to make the change.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have an order or a reservation? It sounds like you just made a reservation. The items listed in your reservation can be fully modified prior to converting your Reservation to an Order. There is no need or option to fiddle with it until the build is finalized and submitted for an Order.

My dealer told me he can not alter my reservation but when more slots open up we would be able to make adjustments then.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have an order or a reservation? It sounds like you just made a reservation. The items listed in your reservation can be fully modified prior to converting your Reservation to an Order. There is no need or option to fiddle with it until the build is finalized and submitted for an Order.

My dealer told me he can not alter my reservation but when more slots open up we would be able to make adjustments then.

I suppose it could have just been a reservation yes. I had to put 2000 down to get it on “reservation” then. You say I should able to change it until it is finalized and converted to an order but then right after say that your dealer says he can’t alter your reservation until more blocks go up? Im a little confused, sorry if I got lost along the way somewhere.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They don’t have a soft top only model. The MIC constraints exist but not in the ordering process. Ask them (or a different salesman) to make the change.
They do have a soft top only option though? She’s saying hard top cannot be selected where it is unavailable right now.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It has not been picked up yet. But it is still a reservation and not converted to an order.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They can't change your reservation, but when you place your actual order you can make it a hard top. there is no softop only option.

Sponsored

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reservation - can only change the details at the time that you convert it to an actual order
Order - can be changed until a VIN is issued
Hard top - 2 kinds, MIC which is available now, painted modular top which is not available until 22

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah this salesperson sounds confused. Just because there are constraints on supplies doesn’t mean Ford isn’t letting people order them. Just means the buyer will have to wait longer. During the ordering process with your dealer, you can put whatever the Ford Bronco configuration allows.

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could this be the issue? I just saw this in another thread. I take it as: going forward, Ford is not letting anyone order a hard top (due to the known availability issue?)

According to this, looks like there won’t be any hardtops for MY2021.

EDIT-*My apologies, I should have been more clear. This is from an Ontario dealer and this is scheduling information for this week and what to expect going forward.*

2DA2CCBA-6EA6-4ADF-9394-82D79246D151.jpeg

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suppose it could have just been a reservation yes. I had to put 2000 down to get it on “reservation” then. You say I should able to change it until it is finalized and converted to an order but then right after say that your dealer says he can’t alter your reservation until more blocks go up? Im a little confused, sorry if I got lost along the way somewhere.
They made you put down 2000 to reserve you should have ran from that dealer that’s crazy

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They made you put down 2000 to reserve you should have ran from that dealer that’s crazy
Yea seems pretty standard on here if you do some cursory reading
Sponsored