bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would say lots of people have placed orders recently… anyone just now coming to the party basically orders it now (since the banks are open) and gets a simultaneous reservation/order time stamp.
As far as I'm aware that is a little different, you needed to be in the original allocation submitted by your dealership correct? Those are just converting allocations to orders?

The terminology for this whole process is horrid.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay so this is starting to become more clear. So first off even large dealerships don't know what's going on with the Bronco process and you're going through a middle man so that makes it worse.

The reservation is basically "getting in line" to place an order. Earlier this year dealerships got a select amount of those reservations to convert to orders. Since March no additional reservations have been converted to order that I'm aware of. You're at the end of the line but that isn't a big deal since you're shooting for a 2022 anyway. We currently don't know exactly how Ford is going to handle converting the reservations from a 2021 to a 2022 but the general consensus was that the "order of the line" would stay the same.

Now you want parts that aren't available? No worries. When the reservation gets choosen to move to an Order you will be able to adjust your order, assuming 2022 process is the same as the 2021 process. My original reservation had a MOD top on it so I know it's broken now since that isn't available but I a late March reservation.

Honestly other than being out $2000 for a bit, since it's refundable, not much to worry about until order banks open up for 2022.

Edit -
When did you place the "order"? and was it your first step in the process? If it wasn't at the latest very early this year it's a reservation. No one has placed an Order in about 3 months.
Everything I’m talking to you about has been done in the last 2 days In terms of placing my “order” which I now know must be a reservation being wrongly called an order this whole time. So when she was going to put in my “order” it was really a reservation and a communication breakdown. So am I correct in saying I can currently RESERVE a painted black hard top model because the 2021 models don’t have it available and the 2022 order block hasn’t opened ?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everything I’m talking to you about has been done in the last 2 days In terms of placing my “order” which I now know must be a reservation being wrongly called an order this whole time. So when she was going to put in my “order” it was really a reservation and a communication breakdown. So am I correct in saying I can currently RESERVE a painted black hard top model because the 2021 models don’t have it available and the 2022 order block hasn’t opened ?
Basically yes assuming they become available in 2022. For what I've seen on the forums you can modify the order up until a VIN is created.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When an order is placed, dealers may choose to require an additional deposit.

Everything we know to be the case right now, orders can be modified as many times as your dealer will entertain until it is scheduled for production and your VIN is assigned.

If it’s an order you can get an Order Summary Sheet (WBDO / DORA).
Yep. I’m thinking the OP has an actual order, that’s why the dealer took the deposit. So he should have been presented with the WBDO summary sheet for approval when the order was placed and deposit taken. If it’s just a reservation, then the $100 reservation fee already locks that reservation in place…. Why would the dealership need to charge a deposit at this point?

Orders can be changed up to the point they are put into the production queue and assigned a VIN.

That said, hard tops are not a configurable option at the moment due to the supply issues. I don’t think the dealer is truly the problem. Maybe not the best communicators. Best that can probably be done here is to have the dealer regularly check the WBDO system to see if they can configure the hard top. And/ Or get a statement in writing from them that they will sell him that vehicle with the hard top for $XXXX price, even if they have to supply the hard top at a later date.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would say lots of people have placed orders recently… anyone just now coming to the party basically orders it now (since the banks are open) and gets a simultaneous reservation/order time stamp.
I’m from a terribly tiny hole in the ground. There’s like 500,000 people on my entire island. I’m the only order for a full sized bronco on the entire island. My small dealership was allocated 3 for order and none of the slots are taken lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. I’m thinking the OP has an actual order, that’s why the dealer took the deposit. So he should have been presented with the WBDO summary sheet for approval when the order was placed and deposit taken.

Orders can be changed up to the point they are put into the production queue and assigned a VIN.

That said, hard tops are not a configurable option at the moment due to the supply issues. I don’t think the dealer is truly the problem. Maybe not the best communicators. Best that can probably be done here is to have the dealer regularly check the WBDO system to see if they can configure the hard top. And/ Or get a statement in writing from them that they will sell him that vehicle with the hard top for $XXXX price, even if they have to supply the hard top at a later date.
I was most certainly presented with a wbdo shoot

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I'm aware that is a little different, you needed to be in the original allocation submitted by your dealership correct? Those are just converting allocations to orders?

The terminology for this whole process is horrid.
No.

The dealership has an allocation for MY21… say 50 Broncos. Those 50 Broncos are spread out over the 6 months until we change to MY22 builds.

Ford is pulling orders in reservation timestamp order.

If there were no commodity constraints, the earliest 50 would get their bronco…

But let’s say person #1 wants tow, but every time they do a round of scheduling, they start with them, don’t have tow, so they go to the next person. If that happens every month, then orders 2-51 will get a MY21 bronco, and #1 gets delayed into MY22

Anyone making a new reservation/order today just goes into the queue based on their timestamp… but it’s still an active order technically in the running… however far fetched that may be.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. I’m thinking the OP has an actual order, that’s why the dealer took the deposit. So he should have been presented with the WBDO summary sheet for approval when the order was placed and deposit taken. If it’s just a reservation, then the $100 reservation fee already locks that reservation in place…. Why would the dealership need to charge a deposit at this point?

One of these right?

E4605865-B3AF-47F1-835D-E1632E7864D5.png

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m from a terribly tiny hole in the ground. There’s like 500,000 people on my entire island. I’m the only order for a full sized bronco on the entire island. My small dealership was allocated 3 for order and none of the slots are taken lol
If they have MY21 allocation, and none have been spoken for, I’d say you could very easily see your bronco soon.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that is your order summary. You have an order!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So even if this order was placed literally yesterday months and months after most people on her because im from some shit ass place in my country where everyone is poor and nobody ordered a bronco….. I might get mine…. Sooner?? Lmao

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…actually, if the order is submitted, it should also have the order number on the form. But they could have generated this for your approval before hitting the submit button.