Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea seems pretty standard on here if you do some cursory reading
There are a lot of people that paid nothing extra and the most the majority paid was 500 tops that was including the 100 reservation price in it . You better hope that 2000 is refundable especially if there going to not get your order the way you want it
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are a lot of people that paid nothing extra and the most the majority paid was 500 tops that was including the 100 reservation price in it . You better hope that 2000 is refundable especially if there going to not get your order the way you want it
Of course it is, but again, I’ve seen plenty of posts on here for 1000-1500. Also it has to be said I’m talking Canadian dollars here ;) It’s a very poor place I’m from I understand the need to know that someone’s actually going to pay for this 70 thousand dollar vehicle they are ordering, the two thousands is the least of my worries. Just looking for clarification on the whole situation as it seems less than ideal to have to wait until 2022 to get a reservation for a hard top.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah 2k is insane, 90% of people put nothing now except the initial $100. Majority of the ones that did put something down were $500, 2k is just silly.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah 2k is insane, 90% of people put nothing now except the initial $100. Majority of the ones that did put something down were $500, 2k is just silly.
Not to be rude I know you are all concerned about the 2k but does anyone have any actual insight on how I can move forward with this baby?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Almost no one paid more than $100 for the reservation. The $500-1500 you see is when their dealer converted it from a reservation to an Order. In fact you don't have to pay a dime over $100 for the reservation. You can do it all online at home and it gets sent to the dealer you choose.

Not to be rude I know you are all concerned about the 2k but does anyone have any actual insight on how I can move forward with this baby?
I think in general we are all having trouble helping you get anywhere because it just sound like you got scammed by a dealership. Half the stuff you're saying happens at a reservation, half at an order.

Sponsored

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay I think there is some confusion. You placed a reservation, or an actual order? Reservations can't be altered, but when you place the order you can change everything (tops) including the model (I went from badlands reservation to wildtrak order).

Also if you did place your order, you can only select the MIC top at the moment, The MOD top and dual tops will not be able to be ordered till December for the 2022 order bank.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost no one paid more than $100 for the reservation. The $500-1500 you see is when their dealer converted it from a reservation to an Order. In fact you don't have to pay a dime over $100 for the reservation. You can do it all online at home and it gets sent to the dealer you choose.

I think in general we are all having trouble helping you get anywhere because it just sound like you got scammed by a dealership. Half the stuff you're saying happens at a reservation, half at an order.
Well I assure you I wasn’t scammed. It’s a very small town. The deposit is refundable. She’s a friend of the family. Just so happens she’s useless. I’m in a very small town of 3500 people and she’s not even a legitimate dealership herself. She has to email all my questions to the next town over for gods sake lmao. The process is just terribly slow and it’s quite obvious to me she’s incompetent at her job and has to ask someone else for everything I come to her with. But she’s not going to steal my money friend, I promise you.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay I think there is some confusion. You placed a reservation, or an actual order? Reservations can't be altered, but when you place the order you can change everything (tops) including the model (I went from badlands reservation to wildtrak order).

Also if you did place your order, you can only select the MIC top at the moment, The MOD top and dual tops will not be able to be ordered till December for the 2022 order bank.
Hey, I honestly think with the incompetence of my dealer she doesn’t know the difference between a reservation and order herself and things have just gotten confused with the terminology. She’s been calling it an order this entire time. I’m not sure what else to say :/

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Basically I want to know if I had zero absolutely nothing in place right now what would be the best and quickest way to get myself a part of the 2022 order bank for a mod painted hard top?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is so much that doesn’t make sense about any of this.

OP. Please Confirm with your dealer whether you have a reservation or an order.

A reservation is only $100 through Ford.

When an order is placed, dealers may choose to require an additional deposit.

Everything we know to be the case right now, orders can be modified as many times as your dealer will entertain until it is scheduled for production and your VIN is assigned.

If it’s an order you can get an Order Summary Sheet (WBDO / DORA).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

And i am sorry for being short or rude if I was, truly. I just woke up and I’ve been dealing with nonsense trying to get this bronco nonsense worked out for 4 weeks now and It just frustrated me for a few moments there. Especially because of course she would just call it an order the entire time so when I come here I can’t even differentiate for the people trying to help me. I appreciate your comments and all that man.

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is so much that doesn’t make sense sense about any of this.

OP. Please Confirm with your dealer whether you have a reservation or an order.

A reservation is only $100 through Ford.

When an order is placed, dealers may choose to require an additional deposit.

Everything we know to be the case right now, orders can be modified as many times as your dealer will entertain until it is scheduled for production and your VIN is assigned.

If it’s an order you can get an Order Summary Sheet (WBDO / DORA).
I will get absolute confirmation on the order vs reservation debacle here. Playing the devils advocate if it was an order and you say things can be altered. That includes the painted mod hardtop where it is technically not an option at the moment?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey, I honestly think with the incompetence of my dealer she doesn’t know the difference between a reservation and order herself and things have just gotten confused with the terminology. She’s been calling it an order this entire time. I’m not sure what else to say :/
Okay so this is starting to become more clear. So first off even large dealerships don't know what's going on with the Bronco process and you're going through a middle man so that makes it worse.

The reservation is basically "getting in line" to place an order. Earlier this year dealerships got a select amount of those reservations to convert to orders. Since March no additional reservations have been converted to order that I'm aware of. You're at the end of the line but that isn't a big deal since you're shooting for a 2022 anyway. We currently don't know exactly how Ford is going to handle converting the reservations from a 2021 to a 2022 but the general consensus was that the "order of the line" would stay the same.

Now you want parts that aren't available? No worries. When the reservation gets choosen to move to an Order you will be able to adjust your order, assuming 2022 process is the same as the 2021 process. My original reservation had a MOD top on it so I know it's broken now since that isn't available but I a late March reservation.

Honestly other than being out $2000 for a bit, since it's refundable, not much to worry about until order banks open up for 2022.

Edit -
When did you place the "order"? and was it your first step in the process? If it wasn't at the latest very early this year it's a reservation. No one has placed an Order in about 3 months.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will get absolute confirmation on the order vs reservation debacle here. Playing the devils advocate if it was an order and you say things can be altered. That includes the painted mod hardtop where it is technically not an option at the moment?
If it is an order (and hasn’t been scheduled yet, which it won’t have been) you should be able to change absolutely any and everything (as long as it’s still a bronco, and Ford hasn’t made a policy change we’re not aware of).

The MIC top, while constrained, is available on a MY21.

If you want the MOD top, that’s MY22 only. The mod top can not be added to an order, since it’s not available yet (some people have it still on their order because they ordered it before it was moved to MY22) … but your order can be placed and coded 99, meaning Ford will skip over it. When MY22 ordering opens, your dealer will modify your order to include the MOD top and recode the priority to one that tells Ford to consider it for building.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit -
When did you place the "order"? and was it your first step in the process? If it wasn't at the latest very early this year it's a reservation. No one has placed an Order in about 3 months.
I would say lots of people have placed orders recently… anyone just now coming to the party basically orders it now (since the banks are open) and gets a simultaneous reservation/order time stamp.
Sponsored