Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I, like many others, am stuck in order confirmed purgatory hoping to one day get that glorious "scheduled for production" email. I've only been here since 10/13/2021, so condolences to those that have been waiting longer.

Here is a little long-winded background on my question .... bare with me ...

I've seen talk about the Tow Package being a major contributor to slowing down your vehicle being scheduled for production that is something pretty easy to drop. It is easy to drop because you can get it added after market with no real loss of quality (i.e. no cooling system).

So with that bit of background out of the way, I contacted my dealer today to see if this is something that would impact Price Protection. He was open and said that he wasn't sure. This prompted me to try and contact Ford for more details. I called the Ford Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375 and spoke with an expert, Emily. She was nice enough. I told her my question was regarding Price Protection for a 2022 to 2023 converted order and read her the following directly from the FAQ on Ford's website:

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?

There are different levels of price protection based on when your reservation or order was placed. If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 11, 2022, you qualify for price protection. If you changed your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 11, 2022, your price protection amount may vary. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?

An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to a base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

I asked if removing my Tow Package would constitute as an "equipment package" change. Although the next point seems to indicate package is base/mid/high/lux etc., it doesn't say it is just those packages. She kind of skirted the issue and said that if I was eligible for $1000 in PP total currently and $100 of that was due to the Tow Package, that dropping the town package would only disqualify me from the $100 that was for the Tow Package. Therefore, I would still be eligible for the $900 ... I thought, "great, I get that and that makes sense."

So I texted my sales rep to see if he agreed and saw similar things for 2021 to 2022 conversions. He was honest with me and said,

"Honestly, no. I saw some of them not get price protection at all. I think out of the Broncos I sold last year I had one that had Price Protection. We also had one that Ford sent via mail."

So I guess my question is for those who did convert to a 2021 to a 2022 and got the vehicle. Is this true for you as well? Did you end up receiving the Price Protection that you thought was coming?

Also, do you all think I should just go ahead and drop the Tow Package ... The vibe I am getting from my sales rep is that it will only help my vehicle get picked up earlier and that whether I drop it or not, Ford will find a way to screw me out of Price Protection.

TLDR

Sales Rep told me he only had 1 Price Protection certificate for 2021 to 2022 converted vehicles he saw get purchased in 2022. IS this tracking with your experience?
Sponsored

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is only one certificate for price protection specific to the Bronco. Ford has a price protection program that applies to all ordered vehicles. Problem is not all dealers understand it. Mine didn't and wouldn't honor it. I ended up negotiating $1000 off, which left $250 on the table for them as price protection was $1250 for my model/year.

See this thread for details:

(1) The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I guess my question is for those who did convert to a 2021 to a 2022 and got the vehicle. Is this true for you as well? Did you end up receiving the Price Protection that you thought was coming?

Also, do you all think I should just go ahead and drop the Tow Package ... The vibe I am getting from my sales rep is that it will only help my vehicle get picked up earlier and that whether I drop it or not, Ford will find a way to screw me out of Price Protection.

TLDR

Sales Rep told me he only had 1 Price Protection certificate for 2021 to 2022 converted vehicles he saw get purchased in 2022. IS this tracking with your experience?
I ended up getting price protection on both vehicles. I did not make any changes after the March 11, 2022 cutoff in part because I did not want to risk even a minor change costing price protection. From what you listed tow didn't seem to be one of those items that affected price protection but I would be very wary.

There is only one price protection certificate which is for the 2021 to 2022 roll over. The MY22 and MY22.5 just returns the difference between sticker price and the price on the MY22 order sheet. With MY23 roll over (meaning new order sheet and pricing), I imagine there should be a MY22 certificate similar to the MY21 certificate.
Sponsored