Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Which hooks did you use for the doors?
Cheap ones from Lowe's. 50 lb max even though the doors weigh a bit more, I used stronger 100lb anchors.
Sponsored

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Digging the cart, especially on sale for $600. I was looking at Top Lift, but those are ~$900, and don't have door and front panel storage. Hopefully the sale remains until restock.

Does your cart feel solid despite being aluminum?

Yes. Very solid. it takes 3-5 hours to assemble, but I like the end result. The castors support a fully loaded cart and can easily be moved around (and locked as well). The quality is 7/10 (had an issue with paint flaking off in one of the plates for the doors), but Hooke Road gave me a partial refund for my troubles of stripping, prepping, and repainting it.

OP, I know it's a different solution and I mean no disrespect.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks awesome! I'm not sure how I'd feel about the middle panel staying suspended like that but appreciate the extra efficiency for sure. If all goes well with shipping this week/next week, I'll be building my custom hoist with my brother in my garage next weekend. 🤞

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks awesome! I'm not sure how I'd feel about the middle panel staying suspended like that but appreciate the extra efficiency for sure. If all goes well with shipping this week/next week, I'll be building my custom hoist with my brother in my garage next weekend. 🤞
There's a latch in the front so its not suspended by just the three connects to the hardtop.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. Very solid. it takes 3-5 hours to assemble, but I like the end result. The castors support a fully loaded cart and can easily be moved around (and locked as well). The quality is 7/10 (had an issue with paint flaking off in one of the plates for the doors), but Hooke Road gave me a partial refund for my troubles of stripping, prepping, and repainting it.

OP, I know it's a different solution and I mean no disrespect.
Nice. Thanks.

I emailed Hooke Road for info on restock, and sale price. Fingers crossed.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. Thanks.

I emailed Hooke Road for info on restock, and sale price. Fingers crossed.
Quick update. The Hooke Road "Doors and Hardtops Storage Cart ( 97-23 Wrangler & Gladiator JT & 21-23 Ford Bronco ) - Hooke Road" came back in stock at the sale price of $599 (and I used discount code DOTY for $30 off). Once I receive and put together my cart, I can report back for anyone interested in such a setup.

Also, as a side note, I've noticed several weird misspellings and clunky English from Hooke Road. Has anyone else noticed this? It feels like their site and/or customer service is not written by native English speakers, which is fine, but for an American company, I find strange.

After looking at the site again, I'm not sure Hooke Road claims to be an American company. Until proven otherwise, I'll assume they're not, which would explain the misspellings and incorrect English on the site.

Last edited:

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick update. The Hooke Road "Doors and Hardtops Storage Cart ( 97-23 Wrangler & Gladiator JT & 21-23 Ford Bronco ) - Hooke Road" came back in stock at the sale price of $599 (and I used discount code DOTY for $30 off). Once I receive and put together my cart, I can report back for anyone interested in such a setup.

Also, as a side note, I've noticed several weird misspellings and clunky English from Hooke Road. Has anyone else noticed this? It feels like their site and/or customer service is not written by native English speakers, which is fine, but for an American company, I find strange.

After looking at the site again, I'm not sure Hooke Road claims to be an American company. Until proven otherwise, I'll assume they're not, which would explain the misspellings and incorrect English on the site.
I have dealt with Hooke Road for my cargo tray and roof rack. While they have a "US" address, their phone number does not work and they respond to emails during the wee hours of the morning. They are an offshore-based business, I only assume China, and use the US address to do the drop shipping and to give us all a warm fuzzy.

They have a lot of products for sure, but a word to the wise, you are sort of screwed if you don't like what you got. If you read the fine print, you will see you have to pay the return shipping and a 30% restocking fee. The shipping alone could cost a ton, given their products are metal.

I didn't have any issues with the rear cargo basket, it's great. However, my roof rack is another story. I shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee or shipping if the product is defective. They offered me like $25 as a partial refund, so after not getting anywhere, I contacted my CC company and they put a charge back on my purchase. Then I got an immediate response from them and it was a bunch of going back and forth, $80, $120, $150 refund, etc, until they just said OK keep it and we'll refund the full $300.

So just be careful YMMV, and if worse comes to worse, you can try my approach to get a refund.

Oh and OP, I love how you hung the doors, I will do the same and that rack hoist you have is sweet. I bought a manual lift from a company (https://www.storeyourboard.com/) that sells hoists for rooftop cargo boxes, and I am afraid it could break (it says it is rated to 150 lbs). It's scary seeing your $7K top going up up and away LOL. For $550, the one from Lange that you have seems like a pretty good deal!

Anyone know how heavy the 4 pieces of the top are?

Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have dealt with Hooke Road for my cargo tray and roof rack. While they have a "US" address, their phone number does not work and they respond to emails during the wee hours of the morning. They are an offshore-based business, I only assume China, and use the US address to do the drop shipping and to give us all a warm fuzzy.

They have a lot of products for sure, but a word to the wise, you are sort of screwed if you don't like what you got. If you read the fine print, you will see you have to pay the return shipping and a 30% restocking fee. The shipping alone could cost a ton, given their products are metal.

I didn't have any issues with the rear cargo basket, it's great. However, my roof rack is another story. I shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee or shipping if the product is defective. They offered me like $25 as a partial refund, so after not getting anywhere, I contacted my CC company and they put a charge back on my purchase. Then I got an immediate response from them and it was a bunch of going back and forth, $80, $120, $150 refund, etc, until they just said OK keep it and we'll refund the full $300.

So just be careful YMMV, and if worse comes to worse, you can try my approach to get a refund.

Oh and OP, I love how you hung the doors, I will do the same and that rack hoist you have is sweet. I bought a manual lift from a company (https://www.storeyourboard.com/) that sells hoists for rooftop cargo boxes, and I am afraid it could break (it says it is rated to 150 lbs). It's scary seeing your $7K top going up up and away LOL. For $550, the one from Lange that you have seems like a pretty good deal!

Anyone know how heavy the 4 pieces of the top are?
That makes sense. I will keep all of that in mind, and hopefully won't need to threaten/use a chargeback.

Thanks for the info.

YoselinBray

Everglades
First Name
Yoselin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I'm all about that organized garage life, and hooks on the wall are a total game-changer. And those storage bags? Worth their weight in gold for keeping everything tidy.
Props on the Lange hardtop hoist – talk about a lifesaver! Being able to pop the top solo is pure freedom, and having all those hardtop panels neatly stored away? That's some next-level efficiency right there.
Oh, and speaking of garage goodies, if you ever find yourself in a bind with your garage door or need some repairs done, I stumbled upon this garage door repair crew that really knows their stuff.

Igotsoul4u

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Mercedes GLC43
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bump. I am looking at Hoist options and this one seems to solve all the problems I have with a smaller sized garage. For some reason the middle piece hanging on by the single bar and factory clips makes me nervous. Maybe some additional tie points on the ceiling and something like a swing to go under in case of failure? I feel like Im overthinking, but if it falls on my wifes Benz....

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bump. I am looking at Hoist options and this one seems to solve all the problems I have with a smaller sized garage. For some reason the middle piece hanging on by the single bar and factory clips makes me nervous. Maybe some additional tie points on the ceiling and something like a swing to go under in case of failure? I feel like Im overthinking, but if it falls on my wifes Benz....

It's been working fine as is but not a bad idea!
Sponsored