Sponsored

My Recovery Gear Set-up

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of great info in this post people, pay attention. :cool:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great kit but... OP, wheres your emergency Bourbon in case your primary Bourbon runs out?

I feel like this thread needs to be stickied somewhere.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice setup. I dont go quite as hardcore as that but hell I live on an island smaller than most counties. I got in any given vehicle but usually my comanche: 2 or 3 long straps, 2 36in straps, 4 shackles, hitch shackle up front, HF winch, 2 synthetic lines, pintle hitch, tool set, ryobi battery powered air gun, tire patch kit, first aid, 1 or 2 comealongs, hi lift. Never had any tracks but I keep a 18" ego battery chainsaw for building recovery footing.

Most important tool is your brain, keep that with ya and you can do alot.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the post and the topic. I definitely need to up my game a bit. I carry basic stuff. Strap, tree saver, shackles, shovel and saw. Small first aid kit, knife, multi tool, flashlight and recently added traction boards. You gave me some good ideas for next level additions! Hi Lift, kinetic strap, snatch block and 100’ synthetic rope along with some additions to the first aid and get home bag should do the trick (I do carry dry clothes and spare socks/gloves/hat in winter to make sure I can get dry or bundle up).

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like a great kit but... OP, wheres your emergency Bourbon in case your primary Bourbon runs out?

I feel like this thread needs to be stickied somewhere.
Someone else mentioned Tequilas, you mention Bourbon. I definitely need to add to my bag. 72 hours is a long time. LOL!

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most important tool is your brain, keep that with ya and you can do alot.
I agree. Don’t panic and certainly do nothing to make the situation any worse! Most people can survive a couple days stuck in a car without any difficulty if they can stay warm. Most vehicles can be recovered with minimal tools. We have recovered vehicles just by someone giving them a push with their hands or a couple minutes with a shovel or even a pair of floor mats under the tires. Some gear and the knowledge on how to use it effectively is better than all the crap I carry, but no clue on how to use it.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone else mentioned Tequilas, you mention Bourbon. I definitely need to add to my bag. 72 hours is a long time. LOL!
"Bonus sanitizer"

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Really, all you need is a weapon to take the next guys truck.
Back when I was snowmachining, I would carry extra gear for a bigger friend of mine. If there was ever to be a problem, I wanted to make sure I still had some gear..... LOL.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ost

great thread

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I bought my house, it came with a chain saw in a case. I really need to spend a little time with it and get it in fighting shape. In Colorado trees don’t grow like weeds, so they frown on cutting a tree down for any reason without a permit. But it would be so handy in other locations. Will have to add a tip protector or some other case though.

Ford Bronco My Recovery Gear Set-up image

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The detail of equipment here shows how little I know from too-few outings with my 2 different 2006 LJs. But this also makes me think of a phrase we use in backpacking, "you pack your fears". Afraid of being hungry, you'll back extra food.

Have you reflected on how much of this is packing your fears?

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The detail of equipment here shows how little I know from too-few outings with my 2 different 2006 LJs. But this also makes me think of a phrase we use in backpacking, "you pack your fears". Afraid of being hungry, you'll back extra food.

I don’t really think of it that way. I have seen and understand most people are ill-prepared and that does put additional pressure on me to carry more. But if you look at my food supplies. I don’t have much, because I know I need very little to survive for the 72 hours that I believe I might have to wait it out. At the same time, I do have 5 different ways to start a fire in 3 different locations, because warmth is something that is an absolute necessity, less for me, but for others less prepared. I appreciate your input. I am going to go back through my gear and consider your comment. Thanks!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good point. Ultimately everyone should think long and hard about what they think they really need and create a solution that makes the most sense for their situation. 72 hours worth of food and water is what I saw mentioned the most for survival bags, for example, so I went with that. Many companies offer these types of bags but I wanted more control over the contents to fit the area I live in (water being the huge issue in the high desert). I wanted food that needed no water so I could conserve what water I did have for drinking. But YMMV and one man's necessity is another man's luxury.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back when I was snowmachining, I would carry extra gear for a bigger friend of mine. If there was ever to be a problem, I wanted to make sure I still had some gear..... LOL.
Oh Damn!! brings back memories of both Ft Drum and Richardson...... cold times!
Sponsored