Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need helps with Aux wiring.
Coming from a Jeep JLU which I just connected my accessories directly to the specific color wire, then black to a ground, the AUX switch then can be use to turn my accessories on & off.

I have a set of Rigid Fog which I tested with the wire directly connected to the battery to make sure they work. Since I am having trouble finding the Non-powered Circuits which I am guess is just a passthrough going from 1 end to another, I just connected the Rigid harness black wired to a ground, then connect the positive wire to the Yellow/Orange wire (AUX 6)(behind the fuse box), but it doesn't look like I cam getting any power. I am not sure what I've done wrong. Suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Need help with Aux wiring.
Coming from a Jeep JLU which I just connected my accessories directly to the specific color wire, then black to a ground, the AUX switch then can be use to turn my accessories on & off.

I have a set of Rigid Fog which I tested with the wire directly connected to the battery to make sure they work. Since I am having trouble finding the Non-powered Circuits which I am guess is just a passthrough going from 1 end to another, I just connected the Rigid harness black wired to a ground, then connect the positive wire to the Yellow/Orange wire (AUX 6)(behind the fuse box), but it doesn't look like I cam getting any power. I am not sure what I've done wrong. Suggestions?
Black is usually hot and green is ground

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Page 448 in the manual
Ford Bronco Need helps with Aux wiring. 90BB38B8-B423-491D-B3DE-46C88E7315E4

OP
OP
chobit

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Page 448 in the manual
90BB38B8-B423-491D-B3DE-46C88E7315E4.png
Thanks for the diagram, but yes I already saw it. I was looking for Non-Powered circuits (C) which I couldn't locate. Then figured I can bypassed it just my fog light harness directly connected to the Yellow/Orange wire (AUX6). So, is the Yellow/Orange wire is supposed to be a proving 12V when the AUX6 switch is turned on? In my case, when I flipped the AUX6 switch on, I don't think I can getting any power, and nothing was register with my V Meter.

Last edited:

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking as an electrician, that is true in residential building wiring. Green is always ground, and for 120/240 volts, white is neutral, and black, red, blue are the hot colors. (But you would not often find blue in residential, since blue is for the third phase, and residential nearly always is only two phases.) In 277/480 volt wiring, grey is the neutral, and brown, orange, red are the hots.

But I have not found these or any rational patterns to be true in automotive wiring. Everywhere else, there is a solid convention that green is always ground. Always. But not in automotive wiring. I know that I've found green wiring in cars that is anything but ground.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chobit

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that's 120/240V application. For 12V, the red is normally your hot, and the black would be the negative. Kind of like speaker wires.

OP
OP
chobit

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally have time to work on the wiring with proper tools, and yet I was stupid.
Turned out there were 2 issues.
1> the connector I was using was poorly made, we connect everything using proper wire cutter and connector.
2> the Aux switches came from the dealership were all in the On position. So, when I was doing my test I was actually flipping it off.

To answer my own question, the wires are hot, and can be used to connect your 12V accessories to them directly.
Sponsored