First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve tried searching to no avail, so hoping someone can help out here. I’m about 95% of the way through wiring up my trailer hitch, wiring (4- and 7-pin) and Redarc brake controller. The one piece that has me held up is behind the glove box. I opted to wire the 4-pin PWM converter box’s power to the white/orange “dead circuit” (Circuit E) behind the rear cargo compartment trim. It’s right next to the factory sub. This wire is supposed to run up behind the glove box, where it can then be connected to Circuit B1 or B2. I’m using B1 for this (and for the Redarc). B2 will be for the trailer brake output. I have B1 terminated to a 30A circuit breaker under the hood. I found the other end of B1 and B2 behind the glove box. I just need to find E (white/orange) to make that connection to B1, and I’m starting to think it doesn’t exist. It’s definitely not bundled with B1 and B2 (which, FWIW, could have a whole lot more slack on them).

Since this is all in cramped spaces I’m probably just missing it. If anyone has some clues that might help, I’d very much appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiconSasquatch

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled off all the kick panel trim and I can find what look like two different gauges of white/orange wire within the harness bundles, but I cannot find the loose end I’m supposed to use. I’m tempted to just cut one of those harness wires and use it, but given the two different gauges I’m not super confident that Ford didn’t use white/orange for multiple purposes. Ugh… I’m so close yet so far

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wire is doubled back and taped back into the wire loom. Give it a tug and the loose end will come loose from the loom.

OP
OP
RubiconSasquatch

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wire is doubled back and taped back into the wire loom. Give it a tug and the loose end will come loose from the loom.
You are exactly correct. Add in a dash of “why the f did they hide it so well” and that describes my experience. Finally found the damn thing, thanks for the assist :)
Sponsored