Sponsored

Need some advice…Underside rust protection fail.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I live in Minnesota and wanted to protect the underside of my Bronco as much as I could. I opted for a package at purchase that coated the underside of the vehicle with “rust protection”. It was late, I wanted the purchase process to be over and it wasn’t crazy expensive so I admittedly didn’t ask questions like brand of product, how they apply, how long it lasts, etc.

I had it put on and checked the underside and was pretty happy with what they covered and it was a black coating that felt hard and I felt like I’d done my due diligence for rust on the vehicle.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I was installing the Ford Hitch. You have to take the bumper off and I was looking in places I’d never looked before. I found a considerable amount of rust protection overspray on my vehicle below the rear gate and above the the hitch that the bumper helped cover up a bit. Pictures below. I have since washed my Bronco and found 3-5 other spots where there was overspray. Pinch weld which I didn’t see because the steps were covering it and even a little on the underside of the Hood!

They claim they’ll be able to make it right and remove this without having to repaint anything. I’m not super knowledgeable about paint and rust protection so if you can help arm me with some knowledge/questions as I try to ask for reasonable concessions for my time and their not so quality jobI’d greatly appreciate it.

My apologies if I put this thread in the wrong spot, reassign it to the correct area if needed.
Ford Bronco Need some advice…Underside rust protection fail. 788894B5-28F4-4015-8B59-206384E8F79D
Ford Bronco Need some advice…Underside rust protection fail. AA878AC4-E9D6-48CD-B879-E248D6C8108E
Ford Bronco Need some advice…Underside rust protection fail. 71BDCF60-770D-49A5-BA3D-9C54DB396738
Ford Bronco Need some advice…Underside rust protection fail. DE4F8227-9A37-47AF-937A-2AC10FFBB8E1
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The back panel that your bumper hides id actually have them cost it completely with a the rust proof product. You can’t clean there well and don’t see it so have it sealed up. I could see if the doors bother you to have that cleaned up. But any spot. It easily accessible have it cleaned and coated well.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see a problem. I wouldn't worry about what you can't see, and the other places probably polish away

Ask then how they correct it, it's not a secret. I'm sure they will tell you

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can see that space easier because the bumper is off but the bumper does not cover that area up. It is paint and can be seen if kneeling down or in a car behind me.