First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should I let my dealer clean/take all the protection wrappings off the bronco or do it myself? I've heard on here that some dealers don't know what they're doing in terms of washing the car and can scratch it up a little. Also on that note, should I pay for my undercarriage to be rust protected? I'm in florida so it's not a massive issue, but in the long run it might be a good thing to have done. I've seen a few video where the undercarriage is arleady rusting when they first got the bronco so that's why I'm a little concerned.
Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Should I let my dealer clean/take all the protection wrappings off the bronco or do it myself? I've heard on here that some dealers don't know what they're doing in terms of washing the car and can scratch it up a little. Also on that note, should I pay for my undercarriage to be rust protected? I'm in florida so it's not a massive issue, but in the long run it might be a good thing to have done. I've seen a few video where the undercarriage is arleady rusting when they first got the bronco so that's why I'm a little concerned.
I told my dealer not to touch a thing. I plan on keeping this bronco for the long-haul I want to do my best to keep it in excellent shape. Brought it home and the next week took it to get undercoat applied. Week after that I took it to get paint correction done along with PPF and ceramic coating. I live in Indiana so itā€™s a little different from a rust perspective, but at the end of the day Iā€™ve done all I can to make sure itā€™ll be around for a long time to come.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thereā€™s a thread on here where a guy posted pics of his Bronco, post-porter, and it was terrifying.

According to him, his ride was presumably on dirt mountain, plus it had a long delivery transit, so it was extremely dirty to begin withā€¦. It was so dirty, and the porter did such a poor job with it, that the dirt ended up being swirled around the vehicle. It almost looked stagedā€”it was that bad. It reminded me of how your car looks after you apply a layer of wax, but prior to wiping it off.

Even before seeing this, Iā€™ve never had my car ported at the dealer.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™d not trust a dealer to do the undercoat work. But thatā€™s me. I also did not have them wash it as the new cars in the lot have fine scratches like someone re using a dirty wash mitt or old Shammie that has dirt in it. They actually took $100 off since they were not doing a wash/prep. You still have a salt environment if your near the coast. It couldnā€™t hurt to cost the undercarriage but Iā€™d check around and read reviews.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
exposed steel will have surface rust. It's not a big deal.
I would ask your salesperson. Mine didn't have it run through their car wash because he didn't trust the people.
Sponsored