Rustproofing chassis from rust

NY Bronco II

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
What do any of you plan to do for this. I plan on using CRC rust protection on everything I can spray from the underside. It’s like cosmoline. Do any of you have ideas?
I am from the northeast (and have to be careful what I say) I am one of those people who apply salt, salt brine, mag chloride to the roads to keep the roads clear for the public. Anyone have experience with Fluid Film or Woolwax?

Advertisement

JimmyDean

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
What do any of you plan to do for this. I plan on using CRC rust protection on everything I can spray from the underside. It’s like cosmoline. Do any of you have ideas?
I am from the northeast (and have to be careful what I say) I am one of those people who apply salt, salt brine, mag chloride to the roads to keep the roads clear for the public. Anyone have experience with Fluid Film or Woolwax?
yeah, i'ma stay down here in Louisiana where that's not really an issue.

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
Out here in Hawaii the salt is in the air. If the wind is blowi g your getting salted. Aluminum body panels is helpful, but i would have preferred the whole shell to be alloy. There isnt really much that can be done here except frequent washing, however we live off of 1000 gallons of catchment water(hopefully a 10,000 down the road) and the water at the car washes is slightly suspect in its quality. If it possible with this bronco I would like to do a 1 inch body lift to eliminate the sandwiched spots where rot can form. Also it will give room for those 37s while maintaining geometry. We shall see. Hopefully i can have a no carpet on the floor and drain holes!

OP

NY Bronco II

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
I use fluid film on all my stuff. Pellet stove, guns, I watched lots of videos on rust proof (YouTube). Before I even drive this thing, I’m putting it on a buddy’s lift and coating the heck out of the underside. Looking to see what others have tried. Think I will try this
1593292251162.jpeg

Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
I had a Ziebart treatment done on an '86 S10 Blazer when it was new. Was pretty happy with results. Seems I recall there was some hole drilling involved - so they could get body panel access for their application wand.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
A little different subject....but similar ....kind of.... is anyone planning on soundproofing the underside of the Bronco?

I know with my old escape it was all the rage at the time, but I never did it....I won’t be removing the roof (hearing issues), so I wonder if soundproof coating the underside will help.

Also, the mirror on the old escape created a large amount of wind noise.....I wonder if that will be an issue on the Bronco.

Thanks.

HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase

fossil

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor 1995 SVT Cobra
Also, the mirror on the old escape created a large amount of wind noise.....I wonder if that will be an issue on the Bronco.
Most of that mirror noise was actually air noise from inside the A pillar, between the door and the body.
I worked at one of the plants building Escapes and Mariners. Ford service bulletin amounted to a self stick foam block stuffed in there. I installed those in my son's 04 and the wife's 05 and they worked pretty good. Still in her 05 the grandson beats around in.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Most of that mirror noise was actually air noise from inside the A pillar, between the door and the body.
I worked at one of the plants building Escapes and Mariners. Ford service bulletin amounted to a self stick foam block stuffed in there. I installed those in my son's 04 and the wife's 05 and they worked pretty good. Still in her 05 the grandson beats around in.
My 2001 never got anything like that.... mine is still a daily driver :cool:

I know when driving with the mirrors folded, it was quieter.

On noise suppression in cars, I thought you could just spray the bottom and you were good to go.....doing some googl’ing I see most disassemble the interior and apply heavy sound mats under the carpeting and behind the interior panels...
...um....I don‘t want to disassemble a new Bronco.

Last edited:

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...