First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do any of you plan to do for this. I plan on using CRC rust protection on everything I can spray from the underside. It’s like cosmoline. Do any of you have ideas?
I am from the northeast (and have to be careful what I say) I am one of those people who apply salt, salt brine, mag chloride to the roads to keep the roads clear for the public. Anyone have experience with Fluid Film or Woolwax?
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do any of you plan to do for this. I plan on using CRC rust protection on everything I can spray from the underside. It’s like cosmoline. Do any of you have ideas?
I am from the northeast (and have to be careful what I say) I am one of those people who apply salt, salt brine, mag chloride to the roads to keep the roads clear for the public. Anyone have experience with Fluid Film or Woolwax?
yeah, i'ma stay down here in Louisiana where that's not really an issue.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Out here in Hawaii the salt is in the air. If the wind is blowi g your getting salted. Aluminum body panels is helpful, but i would have preferred the whole shell to be alloy. There isnt really much that can be done here except frequent washing, however we live off of 1000 gallons of catchment water(hopefully a 10,000 down the road) and the water at the car washes is slightly suspect in its quality. If it possible with this bronco I would like to do a 1 inch body lift to eliminate the sandwiched spots where rot can form. Also it will give room for those 37s while maintaining geometry. We shall see. Hopefully i can have a no carpet on the floor and drain holes!

OP
OP
NY Bronco II

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use fluid film on all my stuff. Pellet stove, guns, I watched lots of videos on rust proof (YouTube). Before I even drive this thing, I’m putting it on a buddy’s lift and coating the heck out of the underside. Looking to see what others have tried. Think I will try this
Ford Bronco Rustproofing chassis from rust 1593292251162

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a Ziebart treatment done on an '86 S10 Blazer when it was new. Was pretty happy with results. Seems I recall there was some hole drilling involved - so they could get body panel access for their application wand.

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A little different subject....but similar ....kind of.... is anyone planning on soundproofing the underside of the Bronco?

I know with my old escape it was all the rage at the time, but I never did it....I won’t be removing the roof (hearing issues), so I wonder if soundproof coating the underside will help.

Also, the mirror on the old escape created a large amount of wind noise.....I wonder if that will be an issue on the Bronco.

Thanks.

OP
OP
NY Bronco II

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, same video I watched. I should have checked! Thanks

Deleted member 3063

Also, the mirror on the old escape created a large amount of wind noise.....I wonder if that will be an issue on the Bronco.
Most of that mirror noise was actually air noise from inside the A pillar, between the door and the body.
I worked at one of the plants building Escapes and Mariners. Ford service bulletin amounted to a self stick foam block stuffed in there. I installed those in my son's 04 and the wife's 05 and they worked pretty good. Still in her 05 the grandson beats around in.

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of that mirror noise was actually air noise from inside the A pillar, between the door and the body.
I worked at one of the plants building Escapes and Mariners. Ford service bulletin amounted to a self stick foam block stuffed in there. I installed those in my son's 04 and the wife's 05 and they worked pretty good. Still in her 05 the grandson beats around in.
My 2001 never got anything like that.... mine is still a daily driver :cool:

I know when driving with the mirrors folded, it was quieter.

On noise suppression in cars, I thought you could just spray the bottom and you were good to go.....doing some googl’ing I see most disassemble the interior and apply heavy sound mats under the carpeting and behind the interior panels...
...um....I don‘t want to disassemble a new Bronco.

Last edited:

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a place that's fairly close to me that gets fantastic reviews. I'll take my Bronco there annually for them to spray it.

Seems like they charge anywhere from $150 to $270 depending on the level of detail you want them to do (remove the spare tire, remove plugs, take off tail lights, etc).

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe it’s just me but it’s a vehicle so I’m just going to drive it. seems to me it would be impossible to completely avoid rust.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Biggest thing is to wash it often and wax twice a year. When washing make sure to spray the underbody and wheel wells really good. I usually ask people that have over 10 year old vehicles that look great with no rust what they did and every single one always says to be strict about washing it during winter months. Never heard of anyone applying any coat to it, just good old fashioned elbow grease.

dont forget to clean inside door jams too and wipe down where the metal of the door meets so salt doesn’t stick inside door and rust it out.

OP
OP
NY Bronco II

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been there and done all that. Had a Ford ranger. Lasted for 19 years of daily driving. Used to suit up in full waterproof gear and washed my brains out in the spring. Went so far as to remove the seats and shampoo’d the carpet. However, I’m one of those that spread salt for safe travels. I want to see if I can keep this as long or longer.
Sponsored