Sponsored

Need to find a Window vent for my diesel heater.

Repins

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone sleeping inside their Bronco and using a diesel heater to stay warm? I am having a hell of a time finding a window vent that will allow me to do this.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something about sleeping with something like that inside the vehicle seems sketchy to me.

Anyways, to your question - Could you modify something like a portable AC vent hose (or better yet, use some of that flexible metal hose you can get at a hardware store)? I'm sure you could get someone to 3D print an attachment for your heater and maybe one for the other end to clip on the top of your window. Not sure if that would work or not. I'd still be concerned about a leak occurring.

Or sleep with the top off your Bronco. That'd be much safer. ;)

OP
OP
Repins

Repins

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am guessing the tent is safer because it is not sealed off? People use diesel heaters in their tents. I guess I didn't think of that being an issue inside the car. And I probably could modify an AC window vent. Thanks!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am guessing the tent is safer because it is not sealed off? People use diesel heaters in their tents. I guess I didn't think of that being an issue inside the car. And I probably could modify an AC window vent. Thanks!!
I mean, the Bronco isn't vacuum sealed either - It has gaps all over the place. However in a small enclosed space, no matter a tent or a vehicle, I just worry about the fumes. I'm a bit paranoid and would opt for a better sleeping bag, or using an electric heater or something like that. Safety first!

Edit: I'm not sure how hot/warm the fumes are coming out of the heater, but the plastic of an AC vent tube might not be sufficient, hence why I noted the metal flexible versions you can find at hardware stores. Like drier vent tubes or whatever they're called.

OP
OP
Repins

Repins

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the metal vent tubes for the heater setup. I was just trying to see if anyone else out there was trying to do the same thing. Guess I will have to go with a RTT.

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
keep the heater outside and duct it in. the clacking of the fuel pump is annoying and also make sure to run it on high so it don't soot up or you'll be maintaining it frequently. one last thing is to let it go through the shut down procedure or it, again, will soot up.

as far as a vent i saw someone on here take a small adjustable window screen and place pool noodles on upper and lower edges and smoosh it in place with the window. you could take some thick sintra plastic and make your holes for venting using the noodle method

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use a planar which has the German made autoterm heater inside.
I believe auto-term bought their company and now they'll be changing the name but, they sell vents , splitters and connectors. I just dangle mine through a window in my RTT but you could easily sink one into some plastic or ply board to pinch in the window
Sponsored