Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apparently Ford engineers can access more information in the systems. It will show if it was in tow mode or not. But does it show it coming out of tow mode because of dropped voltage. Who knows.
Sounds like the moral is to video each time so you have proof in the event of a failure not say a damn thing about the vehicle being towed unless 100% absolutely necessary. "It just quit working while I was driving."
Honesty definitely not the best policy...
Sponsored

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer started to do paperwork on mine, so now some of the diagnosis is available....these are the diag codes it presented with. There are a couple more, but they are repeat issues/different codes. After the transmission was replaced, it shifted into 4x4 once, then the transfer case died. Interesting note - there are no serviceable parts in the transfer case.

Diagnostic trouble code P0707 is defined as Transmission Range Sensor “A” Circuit Low. This code triggers when either the transmission range sensor or neutral safety switch isn't sending a high enough voltage signal to the powertrain control module (PCM).

What does OBD-II fault code P0709 mean? The Transmission Range Sensor (also referred to as the PRNDL input and/or neutral safety switch) tells the transmission control module (TCM) and the engine control module (PCM) that the transmission is in park, reverse, neutral, drive, low, 2nd, 3rd etc.

What Does the P0715 Code Mean? Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0715 stands for Input/Turbine Speed Sensor “A” Circuit. To put it simply, this code is triggered when your vehicle's PCM detects an irregularity in the signal sent by the input speed sensor in the transmission.

The P0717 code stands for “Input/Turbine Speed Sensor “A” Circuit No Signal.” It's logged when the PCM detects the input sensor signal is missing. A malfunctioning input speed sensor and issues with the speed sensor circuit and PCM are some of the problems that could trigger the code.

Summary. The P0720 code indicates a problem with the output speed sensor, which doesn't function properly for a few reasons. These reasons may include the sensor itself and things like old transmission fluid, bad electrical wiring, or a PCM malfunction.

What Does P0722 Mean? The P0722 code stands for “output speed sensor no signal.” It means that the powertrain control module (PCM) is detecting that the transmission system's output speed sensor isn't sending sufficient information.

P0791 - OBD II Trouble Code. What does OBD-II fault code P0791 mean? The Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor tells the Transmission Control Module (TCM) how fast the intermediate shaft of the transmission is spinning so the correct gear can be engaged.

The P0793 code stands for “Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit No Signal.” It's triggered when the intermediate shaft speed sensor sends inaccurate data or is unable to send a signal to the transmission control module.

OBD2 Diagnostic Trouble Code P2745 means that Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'B' Circuit has been detected.

The ECM (Engine Control Module) in conjunction with the TCM (Transmission Control Module) may activate P2747 and associated codes (P2745, P2746, P2748) when they monitor a fault within the intermediate shaft speed sensor or it's circuits.
Were the date and time noted with these codes?

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think so, but can't recall for sure. I no longer have access to the Bronco's account, as I got rid of it.
Thanks! I'm trying to come up with a rock solid monitoring program I can implement while flat towing to be able to prove a potential case in court. Sorry situation one has to do such a thing to begin with but Ford has not been any help at all as far as how to ensure my warranty would be honored.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used to think it was to keep the steering unlocked, but was informed the Bronco has no steering lock. Now I wonder if it's because the procedure for taking it out of neutral tow requires a shift to Park, so Ford doesn't want it to shift out of Neutral tow. My old TJ wanted the transmission in Park.
I think it’s because if it comes out of flat-tow on its own while you’re towing 65 mph in park, it will likely just strip the parking pawl and continue to grind causing an extreme amount of heat and a fire that’s almost impossible to put out. There have been some F150 Raptor fires from flat towing and at least one took the motorhome with it. I could be wrong, but believe the procedure for those year range F150 Raptors was to put the transmission into park during flat tow. They all have the Advance transfer case btw.

Sponsored

aknavy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! I'm trying to come up with a rock solid monitoring program I can implement while flat towing to be able to prove a potential case in court. Sorry situation one has to do such a thing to begin with but Ford has not been any help at all as far as how to ensure my warranty would be honored.
Record the process every time you do it, which is a minor pain in the ass. For us, it wasn't worth risking losing the vehicle again, as we full time RV and it's our only transportation other than the semi that we tow with. Rental cars are expensive, and Ford sucks at covering a vehicle while they take a month to fix it.

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Record the process every time you do it, which is a minor pain in the ass. For us, it wasn't worth risking losing the vehicle again, as we full time RV and it's our only transportation other than the semi that we tow with. Rental cars are expensive, and Ford sucks at covering a vehicle while they take a month to fix it.
I hear you, I sure wish I had known about this before I bought the Bronco. Would have bought something else for sure.
Sponsored