Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's official! You're headed to Bronco Off-Roadeo!
Sponsored

Clemmy

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MachE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went several weeks ago. You will enjoy it for sure. Have fun!

FF91CC93-C65F-4E0C-8B06-F5383749F082.jpeg

OP
OP
ScLeCo

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of thoughts on the day.

I feel like we just scratched the surface as far as capability. I only engaged the lockers once the entire day and the one time wasn't really necessary.

The sway bar disconnect is by far my favorite feature.

Holy crap do the stock goodyears get chewed up. The more I am exposed to them the less I like them. I feel that there are better options that cost less and will last longer.

The 10 speed automatic worries me. The vehicle I was driving only had 2k miles, and granted hard miles, but still there were many harsh, clunky, and generally unpleasant shifts through the day.

Apparently I have been engaging the parking brake wrong my entire life.
Also I hate Fords parking brake in the Bronco. The engineer who set that up needs a good swift kick in the nuts.

Lastly for now, for anyone still thinking about it, just do it, it's well worth a day.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also I hate Fords parking brake in the Bronco. The engineer who set that up needs a good swift kick in the nuts.
I agree, but it seems like the industry is moving to electric parking brakes.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, but it seems like the industry is moving to electric parking brakes.
Why it’s directional is beyond me. Push on push off. And put it in the console like all the other new vehicles.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple of thoughts on the day.

I feel like we just scratched the surface as far as capability. I only engaged the lockers once the entire day and the one time wasn't really necessary.

The sway bar disconnect is by far my favorite feature.

Holy crap do the stock goodyears get chewed up. The more I am exposed to them the less I like them. I feel that there are better options that cost less and will last longer.

The 10 speed automatic worries me. The vehicle I was driving only had 2k miles, and granted hard miles, but still there were many harsh, clunky, and generally unpleasant shifts through the day.

Apparently I have been engaging the parking brake wrong my entire life.

Lastly for now, for anyone still thinking about it, just do it, it's well worth a day.
I went the 24th. Well worth going. Was fun and informative. I didn’t notice any tranny issues. I was honestly impressed with the condition of the Broncos. I expected them to be beat up more.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why it’s directional is beyond me. Push on push off. And put it in the console like all the other new vehicles.
Manually activated brakes are directional. On my Subaru it's lever up to set brake, lever down to release. Pedal activated brakes are also directional, pedal down, brake set, pedal up, brake released.

On my 2023 Bronco I pull the button/lever to set the electric brake. I can release it by turning on the ignition, pushing the brake pedal then pushing the brake button. More complicated than I'd prefer, but doable. I have a manual transmission, so I'm going to see if I can do a "bump start" on a hill by releasing the brake, coasting, then popping the clutch the way I can with my Subaru.

I'd still prefer a manually activated brake. They're easier to moderate instead of only being off or on.
Sponsored