First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were the original reservations (2021MY) before Ford even started making Broncos that are 2+ years old now (opened 7/21/2020), but those reservations ended in late 2020 I believe.. then there are 'dealer reservations' which are going on now where they are just holding a spot for when Ford opens the Bronco orders again which have been closed since the end of March 2022.
Sponsored

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

PatsFan1408

Black Diamond
First Name
Lyndsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Silver Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A reservation with the dealer will be put in as an order with Ford when the order banks open up. Until then it just sits with the dealer. When the order is placed, you'll get an email from Ford saying thanks for the order, blah blah. Order banks for Ford will open in Q4 22 or Q1 23. As mentioned before it all (or 85%) depends on dealer allocation and where you stand in line. Constraints matter only after you are first in line with the dealer to be built. Random guessing on forums believe there are ~ 80k orders still pending to be built (not reservations with a dealer, but order in with Ford). That is close to an entire year of builds. If you are with Granger which has some 300 Broncos on order, you are looking at MY24, maybe 25. Outside of Granger or perhaps count on one hand, no dealers are telling you where you are in line. That is the part that matters, dealer allocation. I've seen posts where people get them in 6 months for a low end build (base) or 9 months for a high end (Badlands/Wildtrack). If you are planning on placing a reservation, talk with the sale mgr and see if you can find out where you are in line and rough estimation on allocation. That will give you the most accurate info on when you could get one, but we all know dealers are salesmen and want your order.. so getting the truth will be hard.
OP says that reservations have been closed for well over a year. I guess that's why this is a forum. Everyone has different info and shares it as if it is fact... when none of us really know.
There were the original reservations (2021MY) before Ford even started making Broncos that are 2+ years old now (opened 7/21/2020), but those reservations ended in late 2020 I believe.. then there are 'dealer reservations' which are going on now where they are just holding a spot for when Ford opens the Bronco orders again which have been closed since the end of March 2022.
Exactly

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP says that reservations have been closed for well over a year. I guess that's why this is a forum. Everyone has different info and shares it as if it is fact... when none of us really know.
The thing is people do know. Ford closed the reservations in August 2021. That's a fact you can check with Ford. If you had a reservation, you would have an eight-digit reservation number that you could plug into the backdoor link and check your status.

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford closed reservations August 23, 2021.

2021 Ford Bronco reservation system paused effective immediately (freep.com)

Sponsored

PatsFan1408

Black Diamond
First Name
Lyndsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Silver Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing is people do know. Ford closed the reservations in August 2021. That's a fact you can check with Ford. If you had a reservation, you would have an eight-digit reservation number that you could plug into the backdoor link and check your status.
That's not what I was referring to, but thanks for your help!

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having a reservation with the dealer is fine. What I think is important here is understanding that it doesn't mean anything in regard to your place in line with Ford. I also doubt you will have Ford backed price protection. You are at the mercy of the dealer and I have lurked these forums long enough to know there are a lot of shady dealers making false promises and people being let down time and time again.

Keep watching these forums and you will see a plethora of posts when the order banks actually open up. When that happens, immediately contact your dealer and get your order in. Make sure you get emails from Ford (not your dealer) and use the backdoor link mentioned earlier to verify it is infact in Ford's system.

I've had a smooth experience with my dealer so far but I still tread lightly. I also get alerts via email or the backdoor link before my dealer sends that info to me. I'm constantly monitoring the info for any changes or errors.

Best of luck. Hope you're not waiting too long.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a reservation with the dealer is fine. What I think is important here is understanding that it doesn't mean anything in regard to your place in line with Ford. I also doubt you will have Ford backed price protection. You are at the mercy of the dealer and I have lurked these forums long enough to know there are a lot of shady dealers making false promises and people being let down time and time again.

Keep watching these forums and you will see a plethora of posts when the order banks actually open up. When that happens, immediately contact your dealer and get your order in. Make sure you get emails from Ford (not your dealer) and use the backdoor link mentioned earlier to verify it is infact in Ford's system.

I've had a smooth experience with my dealer so far but I still tread lightly. I also get alerts via email or the backdoor link before my dealer sends that info to me. I'm constantly monitoring the info for any changes or errors.

It's important to note that there's no such thing as a reservation with a dealer when it comes to Broncos.

They can't reserve anything.

Heck, the reservations with Ford barely meant anything...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's important to note that there's no such thing as a reservation with a dealer when it comes to Broncos.

But, but "My dealer said..."

Sponsored

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heck, the reservations with Ford barely meant anything...
They can have their own internal reservation system where they prioritize their customers when it eventually comes to putting their order in.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can have their own internal reservation system where they prioritize their customers when it eventually comes to putting their order in.
That not a reservation, that's just a waiting list. If they call it a reservation then they are deceiving the customer to thinking it's the same as the Ford reservation.

"Sure, give us $5000 and you'll get a reservation!" Writes it down on a post-it...

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That not a reservation, that's just a waiting list. If they call it a reservation then they are deceiving the customer to thinking it's the same as the Ford reservation.
If the dealer is communicating that it is the same thing as a Ford reservation than yes it is deception. But it sounds like a sales tactic to reign in hopeful bronco customers who have no direction other than to wait until order banks to open.

OP should follow through on the "reservation" when the order banks open up.

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The backdoor link only works if you have a reservation with Ford and those stopped in August 2021. Walk in orders will not be able to use the backdoor link.