Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So after a factory reset, my FordPass works after picking up my 2023 BD yesterday. However, I cannot for the life of me, get the damn thing to connect to Wifi. It does not, nor should not look to be rocket science.
1) Searching for available networks finds nothing. Even though my home router is well within firing range. It will not take a manual entry of the SSID and PW.
2) Turned on my iPhone hotspot and put that in the passenger seat - same results...nada.

What am I missing here??
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Few people have said their modem hung and they fixed it by pulling the fuse to reboot. I guess you could try pulling the ground to do the same thing. Anyway to make sure it’s not actively installing updates before pulling it??

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
See my post front a few minutes ago, same issue, but FordPass doesn’t work either. I found a BN post from a month ago that suggested disconnecting battery for several minutes, but haven’t tried yet. Apparently the current sync has a bug about the wifi and cellular radios going offline.

OP
OP
Bronco B

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Few people have said their modem hung and they fixed it by pulling the fuse to reboot. I guess you could try pulling the ground to do the same thing. Anyway to make sure it’s not actively installing updates before pulling it??
Thanks. I don't think it's critical to have it, is it? IE: Is WiFi just there to help OTA updates go faster, or is it necessary to connect to WiFi for OTA updates?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is connected fine, it just hasn't updated since June 27 22. I'd like to get the update with the low range back up cam fix.

Sponsored

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was doing this yesterday. I don’t know what fuse to pull. So I unhook the battery negative for a few minutes. Seem to fix it

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ford Pass app worked fine when I picked up my Bronco a couple weeks ago, but then stopped working about a week later. I still haven't got it to work again. Looks I will be stopping by the dealership soon to see if they can figure out what's going on. This is really a bummer as I was really enjoying the info I get from the app like location, gas and mileage. Oh and of course now I cant remote start which really was helpful when I was heading out to work in the morning.

captvideo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 05 M3, 55 MG, 60 Austin Healey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually just posted on this issue as well. Instead of going the battery disconnect route I pulled the fuse tied to the gateway module. Pull for 2 mins and plug back in and the Wifi module and FordPass connection will get sorted out. I turned off auto update just in case OTA updates are causing the issue.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually just posted on this issue as well. Instead of going the battery disconnect route I pulled the fuse tied to the gateway module. Pull for 2 mins and plug back in and the Wifi module and FordPass connection will get sorted out. I turned off auto update just in case OTA updates are causing the issue.
Which fuse did you pull? Did you turn it on or off while it was pulled?

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Tractor, 76 Bronco, 03 Ranger, 20 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like others, mine worked fine earlier in the month when I picked up my Bronco. Last week, it stopped working and could not find any WiFi spots. Also could not perform any remote functions nor was it updating location. I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for 15 minutes and viola, now it works again! Hope an update comes out soon to correct this.
Sponsored