Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heading up for the offroadeo on october 3rd anyone on here gonna be there? Also any recommendations on things to see or places to eat? Thanks in advance

Update.
The off-roadeo was way more intense than expected, I was thinking some dirt roads through the woods with some rocks and mud boy I was way off. Some parts of the trails weren't that bad but there were some pretty crazy places. We had hank and ed teaching us at the beginning and then broke into two groups. They are both great guys with alot of great info and also made the day quite comical at times. Our group of 8 ended up going with hank he's a super nice guy and easy to get along with. They taught the groups to offroad without using the all the technology the bronco has which was great imo because I thought we would be twisting the goat dial all day and having the lockers locked all day. We did spend 90 percent of the day in 4 lo and the bronco did fantastic even without the differentials locked. We did use the offroad trail control a few times and I had no idea it would work that good especially at the times hank wanted us to it. I'm talking going down an absolutely crazy downhill drop off lol. The picture when the wheel was off the ground is where we all stopped to put on the trail control. The view from the top of the mountain was absolutely breathtaking there is no picture that will do it justice. After the day on the trails we went back to the basecamp for dinner which was very good. Overall a great experience and well worth the trip even my wife enjoyed it. Also fun fact when a bronco is strictly trail riding you only get about 55 miles on a half tank of fuel.
20221003_122335.jpg
20221003_124646.jpg
20221003_101628.jpg
20221003_112305.jpg
20221003_151024.jpg
20221003_172845.jpg
20221003_165857.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am going on the 15th.. Let me know how it is!

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will do.

rusty603

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heading up for the offroadeo on october 3rd anyone on here gonna be there? Also any recommendations on things to see or places to eat? Thanks in advance
Hi @nabronco21 , I live about an hour south of Gunstock and am familiar with the area. Is there anything specific you had in mind? I'd love to help!

rusty603

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Laconia or Meredith are cool towns. It might not be so busy now that summer is over. The Tilt'n Diner is pretty cool and decent food right as you get off the highway.
If you have the time, heading up to Mt Washington is fun. You can drive to the top if you don't feel like hiking (check their website before you go because sometimes it closes down for weather)
Funspot has a lot of old pinball machines if you like things like that
Also, there is a really big liquor store and rest stop on the highway in Hooksett, it's a decent place to take a break and you can load up on cheap liquor before you go home.
There is also plenty of breweries up there.

Sponsored

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to Winnepesaukee Bay Gulls 2 (bagels) for breakfast.
(Its in Gilford.)

They have awesome breakfast sandwiches on fresh made bagels and really good coffee.

tasker

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Sport 351, hydroboost 33's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

how long are you going to be in the area? Cruise around the lake is always a nice ride as well

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Laconia or Meredith are cool towns. It might not be so busy now that summer is over. The Tilt'n Diner is pretty cool and decent food right as you get off the highway.
If you have the time, heading up to Mt Washington is fun. You can drive to the top if you don't feel like hiking (check their website before you go because sometimes it closes down for weather)
Funspot has a lot of old pinball machines if you like things like that
Also, there is a really big liquor store and rest stop on the highway in Hooksett, it's a decent place to take a break and you can load up on cheap liquor before you go home.
There is also plenty of breweries up there.
Much appreciated I'll try to check some of that out. Thanks

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are going to/from Boston, or will be near Concord NH at any point, then I highly recommend stopping at Chichester Country Store for apple cider donuts.

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Its in Gilford.)

They have awesome breakfast sandwiches on fresh made bagels and really good coffee.
I'll give that place a try. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how long are you going to be in the area? Cruise around the lake is always a nice ride as well
Sunday evening until tuesday morning. I am planning on checking out the lake. Thanks

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Its in Gilford.)

We did stop here, great recommendation the bagels were delicious and coffee was also good.

OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are going to/from Boston, or will be near Concord NH at any point, then I highly recommend stopping at Chichester Country Store for apple cider donuts.
I wanted to try this place on the way back but we ended up driving down the coast instead. Next time I head up that way I'll stop.
Sponsored