New member. Pending purchase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tahoe. 2011 M3. Jeep JKU soon to be Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello

I’m a middle aged father. Have had a JKU for 10 years. It’s getting long in the tooth and the family is looking for an upgrade.

First post. So I don’t want to step out of turn. I’ve been looking at listings for 6 months or so. Considered new, used, and custom order. Seems like prices are definitely softening and inventory is increasing. I have a teen driver. Soon to be two… so it seems reasonable to look for used. This is a third car for our team. Replacing the jeep.

The short version is I have found a 22 wildtrak in the preferred color scheme. 24,000 miles looks clean. Hard top. $49k.

any reason not to purchase?

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

John
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP again

I guess I should add. This bronco is 200 miles away in a more rural location. Similar Vehicles in the local metro are priced at 54-56k. It’s been sitting a while. Price reductions since the new year. Seems like a price where there isn’t a lot of danger of making a terrible error. I’m happy to spend half a day driving to potentially save 5k. Thing that has me nervous is the price is a bit too good.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP again

I guess I should add. This bronco is 200 miles away in a more rural location. Similar Vehicles in the local metro are priced at 54-56k. It’s been sitting a while. Price reductions since the new year. Seems like a price where there isn’t a lot of danger of making a terrible error. I’m happy to spend half a day driving to potentially save 5k. Thing that has me nervous is the price is a bit too good.
I'd definitely recommend getting a trusted mechanic to look it over with you if you can. A lot of guys use Broncos for what they were made for and test the capabilities. If the mechanic says it's mechanically sound, snag it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When was it built in '22? There was a significant suspension upgrade mid year (Hoss 3.0) which could possibly account for some price difference. And do you know the options? Which package? A Lux was a lot more than a Mid or High.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s an excellent point. It’s high. Not Lux. Aside from heated steering wheel, o don’t see much of a difference.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Carfax has the window sticker. Originally sold in Quebec. Manufactured and went into service 8/22. High package. Leather/vinyl, row package tube steps.

from date in service, warranty food thru August 2025. Yes?

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d personally pass, I bet you can find a much lower mile model for not much more. Might have to venture out further.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carfax has the window sticker. Originally sold in Quebec. Manufactured and went into service 8/22. High package. Leather/vinyl, row package tube steps.

from date in service, warranty food thru August 2025. Yes?
Are you located in Canada? Makes a big difference on price

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The car has higher mileage for the 19 months driven (should be 19,000 vs 24,000). I would check the service records.
Your warranty is the sooner of 36,000 miles or 3 years. - you have about 12000 miles left, which is probably before Aug 2025.
You didn't mention if that is a 2 or 4 door - that's a $2k difference at trade-in value

You should learn how to use the online used car value apps. They are all free. It's a good starting point to decide if you are in the right ballpark. Here are 2; there are others.
Consumer Reports (uses Black Book)
Edmunds (uses Blue Book)

Interest rates are higher on used vehicles, anywhere from 1/2% to 2%.
Would leasing an new Bronco be more affordable?
Do you really need the Wildcat level trim?

This text box isn't big enough to tell you all the things you should be considering.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the replies. I’m in the states. It’s a 4 door. So is the jeep I’m trading. No need to finance. I think I got excited by the color combo. Don’t need wild trak.

and, honestly, there’s no hurry.You guys are helping me to hear what my inner voice keeps saying…

No need to hurry. Other fish in the sea.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2 cents:

You could do a lot worse than wildtrak trim. If you can comfortably afford it - there is value in getting - and being able to use it - sooner than later. The price isn’t egregious, and there is almost never a point in time where waiting won’t net you a better deal. You could just end up perpetually waiting on a better deal

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're not in a hurry and are flexible on the choice, I'd wait until summer. The market is softening now, but it will continue to do so.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks again for all the help. Rereading this thread makes me hate how bad things come out when you are typing on a phone.

I’m gonna pass. Honestly, Mileage doesn’t really matter to me tho. We don’t drive much. My ideal is three years old with like 40-50k. I’ll drive it three and it will have 65 at 6 years old. Lux package. Outer banks. Put a small lift and slightly bigger tires with bronze wheels and mall crawl till I die. Or my teenager wrecks it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP here. Figured I would close the loop. Always like to post if it could be helpful to anyone.

last week (March 2024) I picked up a used 2023 outer banks. Lux. Sasquatch. It was traded into a local Audi dealer.
In like new condition. Originally titled 9/23. Sticker $62.4K. Plus delivery and whatnot. 4700 miles. I paid 52k.

I’m not gonna lie. I love it. Happy to be part of the club.
This is clear to everyone, and it’s kind of apples to oranges, but it is light years ahead of 2013 wrangler. Many smiles per mile at my house.

thanks again

John
Sponsored