Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder 2006
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

does that mean we can order hard top from Ford/dealer if we've already taken delivery of bronco with a soft top?
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was not overly impressed with Wrangler top. The MIC top has it's weirdness, but it's of no less quality than that top. Both are fine and are in the same price class. I've heard a lot of comments about the Bronco being 40-60k, and I'm not sure what more is being expected of a convertible SUV.

It's value for dollar, this isn't a luxury vehicle by any means. You're paying for the capability, and the ability to remove the roof, not some sort of luxury vehicle. If that's what you're after, you're looking at the wrong vehicle. At 60k you're getting a lot of bang for your buck; F/R Lockers, 35" tires, beadlock capables, 400 lb. ft torque, 360 camera, modular bumper, disco swaybar if you want it, and then there's all the modern tech you get in high/lux.

Hell look at my build: 42K two door with rear locker, 2.7L, mod bumper, mid package. I see a great value considering that the roof comes off and it still has all the modern tech you'd expect from a 40k vehicle.

People pay just as much for Wranglers, because they're capable. We're talking about a vehicle that still has a steering box and a front live axle in 2022. Drive them back to back, the Wrangler is heavily compromised for the street so you can get a tiny bit more articulation.
Amen bro finally a post that makes sense. No removable top is going to have the fit & finish of a fixed roof. Removable tops must be light weight and easy to remove. There are plenty of other options if you want a fixed roof SUV.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are plenty of other options if you want a fixed roof SUV.
I need a $50k two-door off roader that doesn't compromise on- or off-road compared to the Badlands I have on order. What are my fixed roof options?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about scheduled orders with a VIN number? I do not have a reservation and placed my order just last December 31st. I switched to a soft top and immediately got scheduled for 01/30/22! Any chance l can switch back to MIC top without loosing my scheduling?
Now there's an idea.
Go for it and let us know what happens. (y)

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must of got lucky cause my mic 2.0 isent that bad compared to most got no leaks the edges are rolled got the honey comb in one spot that isent to bad but for what this top is it’s as good as it’s going to get

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So who's now switching to MIC? I'm seriously considering it ...

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need a $50k two-door off roader that doesn't compromise on- or off-road compared to the Badlands I have on order. What are my fixed roof options?
4runner and Discovery comes to mind. Bronco is a convertible. Obviously there are design challenges a fixed roof vehicle doesn't have, and more expensive as well. Also remember Bronco starts at $30K, far less than " luxury" models. I think it's fair to say Bronco isn't trying to be a luxury vehicle even though you can spend $60k. G wagon comes to mind if you want luxury but it's 3X badlands price.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t believe everything you read on the internet, some random person saying someone else says the MIC top isn’t a constraint anymore, I don’t believe until it’s from a reputable source in writing or video

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah gotcha, That's why I say people need to be careful because you drive across state lines.

Hydraulic brakes, via the trailer tongue would meet the law I would think (not totally sure) But I had a boat trailer that was set up like that and absolutely hated it. Go in reverse, brakes are on, go down a hill, brakes are on. The brakes were on so much that it kept overheating. No thanks.

i want brake pedal = brakes on, otherwise off guaranteed.
I never had too many problems with them. Occasionally when backing up while turning tight, but I’ve never had an issue going down hill (that’s knew of!). Maybe just lucky, but pulled many surge brake trailers many k miles with my Lightning without issue. But, in all fairness, it took a lot to slow that ol girl down.

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer allocation dealer allocation dealer allocation. The problem that messed everything up. There are no other real scheduling constraints. Sure MIC tops in the start and now after production mods may cause a delay (like tow). But the main issue that side stepped the reservations stamps was dealer allocation. A flawed system to the core.
YES! and if your dealer has lets say a 100 unit allocation for 2022, that 100 can be blown out with soft tops quickly leaving the hard top orders out for the year.. This seems to be happening in my situation (I think) but who knows....

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I waited this long. Why would I switch regardless?

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YES! and if your dealer has lets say a 100 unit allocation for 2022, that 100 can be blown out with soft tops quickly leaving the hard top orders out for the year.. This seems to be happening in my situation (I think) but who knows....
2022 orders seem to be 50-50 tops from the build week data. It’s so unclear how the dealer allocation priorities works. I don’t think it’s tied to any build specs at all. But like you say who knows.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer allocation dealer allocation dealer allocation. The problem that messed everything up. There are no other real scheduling constraints. Sure MIC tops in the start and now after production mods may cause a delay (like tow). But the main issue that side stepped the reservations stamps was dealer allocation. A flawed system to the core.
Dropping the hardtop can definitely help even with dealer allocation. My dealer said they have 50 orders for 22 and all they would tell me is they might be able to get more than that, hardly confidence aspiring. Dropped the MiC top and got scheduled the next day.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone been a walk in dealership order and reviewed a hard top 4 door? My dealer says 🍻 hard tops are still an issue and expect them to be 8-14 months. I currently have a soft top on order that they believe will be pulled next go around. would prefer a hard top but a little torn on all the conflicting information and the issues some are having out of the mic 2.0
I think a lot of dealers talk out of their ass, if you can find one that doesn't grab hold tight and don't let go. In my 40 years of buying new cars I HAVE NEVER found a salesperson or sales manager that knew more about the car I was interested in buying other than the best sales method to try and separate me from my money.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is correct that once the VIN is generated you cannot make any changes.
Not true. I was able to make changes to my build several times AFTER a VIN was assigned. I changed the exterior color, mid to high package, and added some dealer installed accessories. You can make “some” alterations, not all, to your build up until you are “scheduled to the DAY”. After that, in WBDO (Ford’s web-based dealer ordering system), it will say that it can no longer be amended.
Sponsored