Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford behaves almost like a monopoly...you'd almost think they had an entire year's production sold out. ....Oh wait....

But honestly, their clumsiness and impotency in Bronco's roll out must just be emblematic of their corporate culture and business practices. Will be glad to take delivery and have Ford in my rear view mirror.
Sadly, that seems to be the same corporate culture that many of the car companies share. Look at Jeep Fiat or whoever they are. They refused to change technology from the 1950s LOL. Toyota who I've driven for 33 years, has refused to update anything since their number one in most of their markets. I have no idea what Chevy thinks oh, and you look at those god-awful looking trucks oh, it just makes me want to puke. Honda wouldn't know how to build an off-road vehicle if someone handed them the blueprints. They actually make the rich one in lower to the ground than the pilot for crying out loud. And on and on it goes I'm sure others have other examples.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the same corporate culture that many of the car companies share
The old saying is, "if you remember the 60s, you weren't really there". Might be true, but damn, I long for the old days when dealerships would cover their windows for 2 weeks so no one got a peek at the new models - often different as night/day from last years'.

Today, every company uses the same design software only to reaffirm every year that jellybeans get the highest MPG. And all the different boardrooms have the same ROI targets, and use the same techniques to achieve them.

That's why Musk is a zillionaire....if ever there was an industry ripe for disruption its automotive.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost Everything gets recall now-adays. My 2015 Renegade Trailhawk required software flashes 5-6 times the first 2 months.
Yeah I hear ya, but let’s hope Ford won’t need to put them through another assembly line to fix issues (Explorer). That was my point more than anything else.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t remember where I heard that a March update was happening but I know I heard it. Is this just another missed Ford deadline or have they completely abandoned it? Has anybody heard any ramblings?
Yup there was...
I’m thinking sometime tomorrow-ish
There's always tomorrow. Today, tomorrow, and the next day after that there will be a tomorrow for.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And what were your expectations for the first Fiat designed Jeep?
Bought sight-unseen, off the first boatload from Italia. The only things really caught my eye were the headroom, ground clearance, and fairly upright windscreen. 105K miles later, I'd give it pretty high marks, mainly for getting through NC mountain snow....and many many miles of forest roads in ME, MI, & WVA.

Mechanically sound, but as I mentioned software bugs galore....and that's got me worried about the Starship Bronco - even though I ordered a 2.7 standard-package BD, w/advanced auto

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly doubt it, they said that they would have all the accessories ready when you make the order and that never happened. I still don't know which accessories I would add to my order, it would be nice if they would actually make a deadline for anything.
Oh, they make deadlines, they just don't meet them.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

...from Ford vs Ferrari...the update is in the RED FOLDER (somewhere in someone's IN basket somewhere in Detroit) :LOL: