Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone in the Indianapolis Indiana Area with a capable bumper interested in a promo set of these?

What we would do is install a set with Radiance Lights, and swap a couple other model Rigid/Baja lights, take some photos and shoot some video, which you are more than welcome to be in. We can even have an interview style shoot and talk about your Bronco.
From there, the Radiance Light kit would be yours. Hopefully you can tell everyone about them!

This is a limited offer as we obviously can only do this for one person. We change vehicles often for new development so we don't always have one on hand exactly as needed when we need it for photos/videos. In this situation, we team up.

Again, your Bronco needs to have a capable bumper. If you'd like to trade up to a different Rigid or Baja Designs light after and want to pay the difference, you are welcome to as well.

We can coordinate it with you, as obviously, we need it to fit both of our schedules. Possibly over a weekend.
The Radiance kit has a value of around $700. This is one of those things where we will probably need you earlier in the day for the basic install, then evening at dark for some photo/video. So you probably do want to be somewhat local, or at least willing to stay overnight and maybe be out a little later in the evening for the shoot.

You can shoot us a PM if interested. Let us know what Bronco you have, where in general you are located and your general availability.

John

UPDATE- We no longer require anyone on this project, but stay tuned for future ones....
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I would share some videos we recently did on these kits with the Rigid and Baja.

Thanks to GRANDPAMAC on here for bringing his Bronco down for the videos and install!

Feel free to reach out to him for his opinion of the kit. I don't like to speak for others, but I think he is happy! LOL

Enjoy the videos!

Baja Designs

Radiance

Radiance and Rigid NEW SAE

Last edited:

Grandpamac

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F350 DRW, 2017 Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shout out to John and the crew for the installation and the videos.

I can't say enough about SPV parts and their kits. The plug and plan harnesses are extremely well thought out, future proof, and makes it where if you ever wanted to go back to stock, it would be easy to unplug the harnesses and take off the lights. I ended up with the Rigid Radiance with back lights, but we had several different lights in the capable bumper and it took no time to swap between them due to the oem like bracket and the harnesses that SPV puts together for their kits. John's attention to detail is very evident in his brackets, plug and play harnesses, and during the installation of my Radiance lights. In my case both backlights were connected with the parking light sensor. One set of Radiance lights were connected to the OEM fog switch, and the other set was connected to Aux 6 switch. John also installed the aux switch weatherproof quick connects to the aux wires in the engine bay, so with a couple of items, I'm ready for A pillar lights. I will say that after watching this installation, I think the kits are so intuitive that just about anybody can confidently install these kits. If in doubt, SPV parts has a lot of very detailed installation videos you can watch for help.

My wife and I love these lights. The back lights look great, and when we want some extra light we just flip the switches. I also love the OEM look, while being way more than OEM capable .

Thanks again to John and the crew.

Before and After pictures:

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 20230514_200746
Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 20230517_203733

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shout out to John and the crew for the installation and the videos.

I can't say enough about SPV parts and their kits. The plug and plan harnesses are extremely well thought out, future proof, and makes it where if you ever wanted to go back to stock, it would be easy to unplug the harnesses and take off the lights. I ended up with the Rigid Radiance with back lights, but we had several different lights in the capable bumper and it took no time to swap between them due to the oem like bracket and the harnesses that SPV puts together for their kits. John's attention to detail is very evident in his brackets, plug and play harnesses, and during the installation of my Radiance lights. In my case both backlights were connected with the parking light sensor. One set of Radiance lights were connected to the OEM fog switch, and the other set was connected to Aux 6 switch. John also installed the aux switch weatherproof quick connects to the aux wires in the engine bay, so with a couple of items, I'm ready for A pillar lights. I will say that after watching this installation, I think the kits are so intuitive that just about anybody can confidently install these kits. If in doubt, SPV parts has a lot of very detailed installation videos you can watch for help.

My wife and I love these lights. The back lights look great, and when we want some extra light we just flip the switches. I also love the OEM look, while being way more than OEM capable .

Thanks again to John and the crew.

Before and After pictures:

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 20230517_203733
Thanks again! It was great working with you! I will let you know when we have some more new parts coming!

John

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Couple of questions:

Thinking of the Squadron Pros, can you wire one pair to the fog switch and the other to an aux switch?

In fog/dust/snow fall, would the SAE yellow be better than the Pro's in yellow?

" We are also currently working on light bar mounts and others for this bumper due to many requests. So stay tuned... "
How is this coming along?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple of questions:

Thinking of the Squadron Pros, can you wire one pair to the fog switch and the other to an aux switch?

" We are also currently working on light bar mounts and others for this bumper due to many requests. So stay tuned... "
Thats exactly how it works.

Though you can do multiple configurations. If you chose a Squadron Pro and SAE. You would get a set of adapters to plug the SAE's into the factory connectors and also a single pair fog harness to connect the other 2 to a switch as a default.

You could of course do things different if you had 2 squadron pros and wanted them both on one switch, etc... but in that scenario the fog connection wouldn't be strong enough.

Here is a link to our online instructions. You'll notice several options for wiring. But your configuration would come by default as you wanted.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...e_Bumper_Fog_Bracket_Install.pdf?v=1691457378

Here is also the install video if I didn't already post it.

John

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple of questions:

You also asked about the light bar options.

We are moving things over to our new facility and got a little behind, but they are coming. Like always, we don't like to simply throw stuff out there. We really perfect it. We like to create things more modular. So you will have some cool new options to look forward to.

John

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You could of course do things different if you had 2 squadron pros and wanted them both on one switch, etc... but in that scenario the fog connection wouldn't be strong enough.
Thank you for your responses, one last question, what is the amp rating for the factory fog light switch/wiring? I believe the BD pros are rated at 3 amps each, sport at 2.0 and SAE at 2.1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your responses, one last question, what is the amp rating for the factory fog light switch/wiring? I believe the BD pros are rated at 3 amps each, sport at 2.0 and SAE at 2.1.
10 amps

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks like just what I’ve been looking for, thanks for your attention to detail!

Quick question: I have a pair of Squadron Pros on my A-pillars that I‘m thinking about repurposing into this kit. Could I buy the set with only one pair of lights, or if I piece together the kit (I found the mounting brackets listed separately), which harness should I purpose? I’d like to put some Squadron SAEs on the stock fog switch and put the Pros on an upfitter. Just confused about which way would be the most cost effective.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the delay.

So yes, thats not an issue.

You just need the brackets, one pair of H11 to WP adapters for the factory switch and a single pair fog harness (relay not needed). Then you choice of the second pair of lights.

Here are links to make it easy!

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...s-sold-separately?_pos=2&_sid=6fa72f873&_ss=r

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...-pair-see-details?_pos=1&_sid=1c3b3c400&_ss=r

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...y-vehicles-see-details?variant=39936840204454

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...1&_sid=44c74f20e&_ss=r&variant=26611562283072

John

Basic 2.7

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will be. We are making some modified components for the Diode lights so they fit and position correctly. We didn't just want to throw them in there. There is "Fitting" and "Working". I prefer the best positioning and fitment when I design these things. One of the biggest things that drove me nuts, and I am sure others, are large gaps at the base where the brackets meet the bumper. It took me 4 weeks of prints to all but eliminate that.
You see, you are taking a flat piece of metal and trying to lay it over a hole that is curved on the edges. So there has to be a slight gap somewhere. The question is, would you rather have a tiny gap at the top, where you cant see it? or a big one at the bottom? Where every time you look at the bumper you see the inside/backside.
So again, the gap at the base is gone almost completely, and at the top there is maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch that you WONT see unless you are laying on your back on the ground directly under it, looking up.

So closing gaps is a big thing. Then with Diode, I am sure you've seen the base bracket. It bumps OUT as you see in the below picture. So if you can imagine sliding these lights FORWARD on a base slot on these brackets. When you turn them inward to face STRAIGHT, the Bracket hits the faceplate before you can angle it enough. Rigid and Baja Brackets don't do that. They put the light AHEAD of the U-Bracket.

That leaves either putting the light angled BEHIND the faceplate on one side and meeting it on the other. Or, bringing the whole light forward and flush to the faceplate but angled OUTWARD.
Again, Rigid and Baja's brackets aren't restrictive like that.

For that reason, I am working on a stand alone bracket to REPLACE Diodes U-Bracket so we can bring them forward and straight and fill gaps. So that is coming soon.

These other pictures may illustrate more.

This first picture illustrates what I was saying that the bumpers are NOT Straight. Not even close. Though they may seem more straight on the truck. You can see what I mean with this big level.

This next picture is a close up showing ever more how ANGLED these are on the corners where the fog pockets are. So imagine the angle needed to focus a light forward correctly and going back to those standard Diode U Mounts that come too far forward. to swivel them when they bump into the face plate. Now, this isn't Diodes fault. They hadn't probably ever planned on this type of situation. I think their design was just trying to evenly distribute the weight with the base.

This next picture shows how I was able to almost COMPLETELY eliminate any gaps between the bracket and the bumper. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Angle adjustments from 4 points. Print after print... Like I was saying though. Ford didnt give us a FLAT edge opening. This is pressed and formed steel.

The next picture shows a front view. (BTW, those strips on there that look even more matte are tesa tape just to keep scuffs off. The brackets are the same clean texture.
This photo shows how clean the brackets fit in there.

This last picture shows from an UNDER view looking STRAIGHT UP. As you see, there is a tiny gap at the top that you will never see. I compensated the angles of the face to close the gap at the bottom that you WOULD see with a little lift here, drop there, etc. It was nerve racking! The end results though are what I personally would want and expect when spending money on a product like this. It's about the quality to me, not the quantity. Of course, sometimes it takes me a little longer to get something out than others, but I prefer to make those special touches to be sure what I put out is the BEST.

So after seeing these close ups and details, hopefully it explains why I feel a replacement Diode bracket is needed to properly fit and align these and it will be coming very very soon. I wanted to have the METAL ones here that I could use as the base to design those Diode ones vs the Plastic which is flexible. I should have some updated pictures soon.

John
Any updates on the Diode Dynamics brackets?

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates on the Diode Dynamics brackets?
As soon as we get through the busy holiday season, we have a hand full of items we will be actively working on getting released, and that is one of them.

If you would like me to put you on the contact list for that item, DM me your contact info, including emails and phone number, and I will get you added to the list so you will get updates about the progress of that kit.

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
Sponsored