Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d wait to see if you got a lemon. I’d have 5,000 miles on the odo before swapping/modifying anything/
LOL the odds of this happening are astronomically low (0.45% filed, not necessarily approved), and if it does you can get credit or a replacement. Plus, a lemon is 1y/12k plus multiple attempts to fix a specific issue or safety related.

About the only benefit would be waiting to see if you actually like the Bronco.

IMO if you are going to modify a vehicle get the most out of it and do it early. The longer you wait the less time you get to enjoy it. Plus, you could easily flip it and get a majority of your money back, and prices are only going up.

For OP, I personally would go as close to stock for offset unless you love mud and poke, or you plan to change tire size.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size tires and rim offset did you go with?
35/12.50/17. +12mm
have a little more poke than I wanted, but if I go to 37’s later it may work better IDK.

OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL the odds of this happening are astronomically low (0.45% filed, not necessarily approved), and if it does you can get credit or a replacement. Plus, a lemon is 1y/12k plus multiple attempts to fix a specific issue or safety related.

About the only benefit would be waiting to see if you actually like the Bronco.

IMO if you are going to modify a vehicle get the most out of it and do it early. The longer you wait the less time you get to enjoy it. Plus, you could easily flip it and get a majority of your money back, and prices are only going up.

For OP, I personally would go as close to stock for offset unless you love mud and poke, or you plan to change tire size.
Agreed...but the wheels im really wanting only come in a 0 and -12 offset (RRW). The pics of 0 offset with SAS flares look pretty good...very minimal poke.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife was pissed when I traded our gladiator in on the bronco because she said the bronco looked wimpy. I said hold on! She wanted aggressive, so that’s what I gave her. It is actually her bronco. Now she is way on board and loves how it drives a lot more than the gladiator, and it was better than any jeep I had ever driven before.

Sponsored

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go for it. Mine went from this to this in 3 weeks. Keep your takeoffs for a bit if you want.
IMG_8005.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg
Looks great. What front bumper is that?

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be sure to check out the members buyers and sellers mart, further down the forum listings. You might find what you're looking for there (or something suitable) and you could always post your OEMs for sale, too. I've bought & sold a few cheaper items here, and haven't had a problem with this community.

Do give your Goodyears a little time to get the feel for them. They're a good jack-of-all-trades tire for almost all uses (on- off-road, trail and rock climbing, etc.) but not the very best at everything. Lots of threads and posts, so read up. They're known as rock chuckers, so if you're doing off-pavement, mudguards are a must, and I also recommend a full-length step, which will reduce rock and debris. As long as I'm at it, lots of posts on mudguards, so search the forum and achieve enlightenment.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great. What front bumper is that?
Fab Fours stubby winch bumper with pre-runner option. It’s great and uses 10 bolts to mount instead of 6.

OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess since we're on the subject, will a slightly more negative offset wheel (0) but on stock 35s (not lifted) cause any more stress on the tie rods? Just from reading older posts, it seems like it's not coming up as often and was previously on rigs with 37s and/or lifted improperly.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had my wheels waiting before I got my Bronco… I think my factory SAS wheels had less than 20 miles on them before I had them swapped out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had my wheels waiting before I got my Bronco… I think my factory SAS wheels had less than 20 miles on them before I had them swapped out.
Wheel specs?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess since we're on the subject, will a slightly more negative offset wheel (0) but on stock 35s (not lifted) cause any more stress on the tie rods? Just from reading older posts, it seems like it's not coming up as often and was previously on rigs with 37s and/or lifted improperly.
Good question. Tie-rod angle, wheel & tire weight, tire contact patch and lever action should all remain the same, the physical distance of the wheel just moved a bit over an inch outwards. I would speculate that any additional strain, on the tie-rods or bearings for that matter, would be negligible.

And assuming you are waiting on a MY24 Sasquatch, then you will already be getting the upgraded steering rack and tie-rods anyhow so it should be even less of a concern.

OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good question. Tie-rod angle, wheel & tire weight, tire contact patch and lever action should all remain the same, the physical distance of the wheel just moved a bit over an inch outwards. I would speculate that any additional strain, on the tie-rods or bearings for that matter, would be negligible.

And assuming you are waiting on a MY24 Sasquatch, then you will already be getting the upgraded steering rack and tie-rods anyhow so it should be even less of a concern.
I picked up a leftover 23 Wildtrak with the HOSS 3.0 which I think already included these?
Sponsored