Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang that looks awesome! Yet classy too! I am digging in - pm me on what size tires you have too - that just looks amazing the silver
🙏 this is a stock Badlands, so 33’s. dig In and have fun with it!

edit: and apologies it just occurred to me that you were asking about the badge not a stripe 🤣
Sponsored

OP
OP
PlanoMatt

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
🙏 this is a stock Badlands, so 33’s. dig In and have fun with it!

edit: and apologies it just occurred to me that you were asking about the badge not a stripe 🤣
All good and yes the badlands wheels/tires is what I really like! And the stripes - I’m looking at that too so you read my mind.

OP
OP
PlanoMatt

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow!!!! Pretty crazy. 😬 You can order other emblems but they require drilling holes and that’s a No for me!!
I’m going with 275/65R18 Open Country’s on my OBX. Matches stock tire height to skip the speedo recal but adds some width and a much more capable tire.

The biggest tire you can drop on stock wheels seems to be 275/70R18. Plenty of people here have done that swap already if you search for the photos.

Door #3 would be powder coating your stock rims. It’s been done and looks really nice in black.
You are right! Just added the screen shot. Thanks again!

7AED0EC0-33C3-44E0-B55D-ED171768E6C1.png

OP
OP
PlanoMatt

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow!!!! Pretty crazy. 😬 You can order other emblems but they require drilling holes and that’s a No for me!!
Yeah- Brittney3400 said the ones from CJ pony doesn’t have any adhesive but she said tomsoffroad sells them so I’m gonna call them tomorrow and see if I can order it.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah- Brittney3400 said the ones from CJ pony doesn’t have any adhesive but she said tomsoffroad sells them so I’m gonna call them tomorrow and see if I can order it.
Cool. I googled them as well. Saw mostly drill type. Let me know as well. Thanks.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats! This is the Maxlider silver stripe. You can find them on the forum here.
good luck, you’re gonna love it 😉

Ford Bronco Newbie here - Modifications / Upgrades questions 7AED0EC0-33C3-44E0-B55D-ED171768E6C1

Ford Bronco Newbie here - Modifications / Upgrades questions 7AED0EC0-33C3-44E0-B55D-ED171768E6C1
Congratulations on the new Bronco! Happy to hear you love it. :)

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got confirmation and a VIN that my bronco is scheduled for production. Should have it in person by late March of 2022! My build is outerbanks hardtop! I’m hoping it will be the upgraded hard top - with high package and leather package. Oxford White- original color was A51 then Cactus and final is White!

1. where can I buy a quality bronco cursive style/retro decal to replace the outer banks decal on the fenders.
2. I want to get bigger tires but want it to drive smooth or as can be - I test drove three different models and the outbanks best fit for a daily for my needs. I want a thicker or bigger tire but not to throw off the speedometer or the oem specs - the tires are 255/70/18 I believe. I saw a post here with someone with 265 or 270 and they said it was a good fit - what do you recommend? I like the aggressive or off road look without the off road drive on pavement I won’t be taking this off road other than to the park at most. Thanks in advance and if you have any other recommendations for tasteful upgrades let me know! Figure mod will be tan hardtop to make it look classic. I’m also going to get the interior hardtop carpeting kit I heard it brings down the noise and feels good to the touch.
My recommendation is if you go with a taller tire have the speedometer recalibrated. A change in tire hight (translation, tire revolutions per mile) will affect your speedometer. Tire manufactures provide information on revs per mile as part of their tire specs.

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Matt... I have the exact same question... HPR OBX... build date scheduled for 3/7. As noted above the 275/65 18s appear to be direct swap with no impact on speedo. Some KO2 AT/X tires look very aggressive and there are threads with pics. I am thinking of the route along with paint/powdercoat the stock wheels to go all black.

I would also like to find the script lettering... looks like we are behind the curve on that

Dave

OP
OP
PlanoMatt

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Matt... I have the exact same question... HPR OBX... build date scheduled for 3/7. As noted above the 275/65 18s appear to be direct swap with no impact on speedo. Some KO2 AT/X tires look very aggressive and there are threads with pics. I am thinking of the route along with paint/powdercoat the stock wheels to go all black.

I would also like to find the script lettering... looks like we are behind the curve on that

Dave
Hey Dave - yeah and makes sense. I will let you know as soon as I get some more insight on the emblem and also the tires - I am leaning on the 275/65/18 and going to my dealer and talk with the techs or parts - they are willing to trade with me plus some cash so I will look and try to take pics if they have them or I will be a Guinea pig once I get my bronco.

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Dave - yeah and makes sense. I will let you know as soon as I get some more insight on the emblem and also the tires - I am leaning on the 275/65/18 and going to my dealer and talk with the techs or parts - they are willing to trade with me plus some cash so I will look and try to take pics if they have them or I will be a Guinea pig once I get my bronco.
Matt - am having the same discussion with ny dealer and waiting to hear back if they will give me some value for the stock tires. I also asked if they will calibrate the speedo. If they will (seems unlikely from what I have read) I will likely go with the 275/70 18s.

Definitely want to swap the emblem... its a great look.

Dave

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting point Rick. I remember changing speedo gears out in the past in more simpler times and wasn't aware that the modern vehicles could be recalibrated by a different driven gear.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting point Rick. I remember changing speedo gears out in the past in more simpler times and wasn't aware that the modern vehicles could be recalibrated by a different driven gear.
No gear, it's done through forscan.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a great looking OBX, Mikey. and yes... I didn't think a driven gear swap would work on a 22 Ford.
Sponsored