First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Nitto Ridge are very nice tires and pretty quiet as well. But, they are heavy.
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shot that last night and I'm not even doing 50 mph. Roll the windows down and or get on a highway and you'll find yourself using that volume knob real quickly. Right now my truck is louder on the road than 90% of the other trucks I drive around. And everyone out here has lifted trucks. It's in a Ram 2500 Laramie which is normally a pretty quite interior especially on that road. Those Ridge grapplers will make noise, just give them time.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the last day or two there were a couple threads that popped up. One was a video with Lite Brite doing rock crawling with a guy in a Bronco that kept breaking his steering (to which he has a proposed fix for the weak link). The other video is Vaugh jr (sp?) Comparing two customized Bronco packages.

In the first video, I know it's a bit antidotal, But I noticed that the Jeep would crawl up a rock without doing a lot of slipping And at the Bronco, with some sort of super gnarly tire, would have to spin those things quite a bit. Out of curiosity I looked up what tires was Lite Bright running... Sounds like they are the Nitto.

On the second video, with JR, he seemed to wholeheartedly believe in the Nitto, And claim they were the best tire. No I don't know if he's a sponsor, owns part of the company or what. But we're talking about a guy who's been a Bronco spokes model and races off-road. So maybe it's a bit naive for me to think, but it seems like Nitto maybe a pretty great choice.

With that said, I recently bought a Rubicon as a holdover vehicle and never paid attention to the tires. I've been very impressed with them going off road. I went out and looked to see what was on them and they said KM2 which turns out to be a more aggressive version of the famous KO2.

I love the tires on my Wrangler. Quiet, gone through sloppy mud up to the bottom of the jeep (stock height), gone through several inches of snow (braking was a bit slippery).

Just thought I'd share.

westyer

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Ridge Grapplers on my F-150 and the only complaint I had with them was on wet roads. Every time I took off from a stop, they would lose traction and spin. I have Toyo Open Country A/T III on my RAM 1500 now and they have been better on wet roads. They are starting to get noisier on the road with 30,000 miles on them.

Sponsored

turbodog

First Edition
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Excursion 6.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the Ridge grapplers on my '17 F250 diesel, 35's. I live in south Louisiana, it rains a lot. They're terrible in wet conditions, truly a scary tire. I'm too cheap to change them out but i will not be buying another set. They look great and i have no issues with noise, probably have 10-15k on them.

Guess i could have added my 2c. On the '16 rubicon we traded in I put on Cooper Discover STT Pro 35's. They looked good and performed good off road and in wet conditions. The biggest drawback was they are loud. That's why i went with the hybrid Ridge grapplers for the truck. I've had good luck with other nittos on the Excursion, Terra grapplers.

Someone mentioned the Mickey Thompson Baja's. I really liked those tires (on the Excursion) but... they dry rotted before the tread wore out. I will not be buying another set of those (or anything else from MT).

Last edited:

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the last day or two there were a couple threads that popped up. One was a video with Lite Brite doing rock crawling with a guy in a Bronco that kept breaking his steering (to which he has a proposed fix for the weak link). The other video is Vaugh jr (sp?) Comparing two customized Bronco packages.

In the first video, I know it's a bit antidotal, But I noticed that the Jeep would crawl up a rock without doing a lot of slipping And at the Bronco, with some sort of super gnarly tire, would have to spin those things quite a bit. Out of curiosity I looked up what tires was Lite Bright running... Sounds like they are the Nitto.

On the second video, with JR, he seemed to wholeheartedly believe in the Nitto, And claim they were the best tire. No I don't know if he's a sponsor, owns part of the company or what. But we're talking about a guy who's been a Bronco spokes model and races off-road. So maybe it's a bit naive for me to think, but it seems like Nitto maybe a pretty great choice.

With that said, I recently bought a Rubicon as a holdover vehicle and never paid attention to the tires. I've been very impressed with them going off road. I went out and looked to see what was on them and they said KM2 which turns out to be a more aggressive version of the famous KO2.

I love the tires on my Wrangler. Quiet, gone through sloppy mud up to the bottom of the jeep (stock height), gone through several inches of snow (braking was a bit slippery).

Just thought I'd share.
Vaughn Gittin JR. is sponsored by Nitto. Free tires are for sure a reason to promote them.
Lite Brite doesn't use Ridge Grapplers. They are running Trail Grappler MT , Mud Terrain tires, which are real loud for sure and totally different than Ridge Grapplers. But they do get good dry rock bite.

BroncoRookie

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango SRT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was considering the Nittos but ultimately went with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. 35x12.5x17.

Really satisfied. They hardly ever throw up rocks. They are really good in wet conditions and in the snow. Recently 500+ miles thought the snow. They are slightly louder then the stock tires but I mostly don't notice it. And the bonus over the Nittos is they have the 3 peaks rating and come with a mileage warranty.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Duratracs on my 4Runner- never again! Holt crap they just got louder and louder and louder starting at about 5k miles. Couldn’t get them off fast enough.

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ran 37”s on my Jeep and run 35”s on my truck, my plans when my Bronco arrives is to ditch the wranglers and put on the 35” grapplers.
They are great tires and have great on and off road manners, I average 65k a set.

Sponsored

Laser Craft

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the Ridge Grapplers on my Excursion and they are quiet; the ride is great, and they track a lot better than the Michelins I took off, so when I ordered my Bronco I was already planning on them down the road but after the rock throwing started, I decided to get them at 400 miles, I love the way they ride wet/dry on/off road and yes, they are quiet and track perfectly too, I had a choice of 315/75R17's or the 35X12.50/R17's that I choose and I am glad I went with the 35's because there is a size difference for sure and no more rocks.
On my jeep I have Fuel Gripper M/T 35X13.50/R20's (I know mall crawler look) they are loud, but I don't care because the exhaust and stereo are loud too, but they don't track nearly as well as the Nitto's and with my 40+ years of on/off road tire experience I am so glad I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Bronco!

Ford Bronco Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s - Feedback? IMG_9360

Bronco is perfect! What offset do you have on those wheels with the 35" nitto ridge grapplers?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't want to state the obvious but ALL tires get louder when they wear.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering the Nittos but ultimately went with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. 35x12.5x17.

Really satisfied. They hardly ever throw up rocks. They are really good in wet conditions and in the snow. Recently 500+ miles thought the snow. They are slightly louder then the stock tires but I mostly don't notice it. And the bonus over the Nittos is they have the 3 peaks rating and come with a mileage warranty.
How did they balance? Any shaking at highway speeds vs OEM?

My KO2's are terrible, I've had great luck in the past but this last batch of 35's wont' balance.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have run Duratracs on my GEN1, GEN2 and now my GEN3 Raptor. 315/70/17 is D Rated and weighs 61 pounds. And they are very aggressive looking tires and rated for snow. BTW .. they are excellent in snow.

My only complaint would be they are louder than KO2s. My GEN2 and GEN3 comes from the factory with KO2s.

Ridge Grapplers in 315/70/17 are 9 pounds heavier per tire when compared to Duratracs.

Your Gen 3 looks great. The grill has some resemblance to the Gen 1 grill.

BroncoRookie

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango SRT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did they balance? Any shaking at highway speeds vs OEM?

My KO2's are terrible, I've had great luck in the past but this last batch of 35's wont' balance.

They drive great! No shaking at all. The tech did say they had a hard time balancing them but I would take that with a grain of salt as they didn't seem that experienced.

I'm approaching 5k miles and I feel like they got slightly louder recently. Nothing obnoxious, just went from super quiet to a slight hum.
Sponsored