Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for some input from those that have upgraded to KM3 or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Are they still slinging rocks? Ride quality vs GY MT Territory…etc. I am looking to upgrade to one of these going with 35/12.50/17 on my Badlands SAS.

Please share your opinions, also open to other manufacturers.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 37" KM3s, but either are an improvement over the stock sasquatch tires. I love the KM3s and had them on my old 4Runner as well, but they are pricey. I've heard a lot of good things about the Nittos as well. Either would be a good choice IMO. Something I'm always mindful of when buying tires is weight. The heavier the tire, the more rotating mass and therefore, more strain on the drivetrain.

IMG_0651.jpg

Nov 2022 4.jpg

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the the KM3's on 37's. I took off the OEM tires off at 29 miles and could hear the rocks hit the truck during the short drive from the dealer to the tire shop. Once I put the KM3's on and 700 miles later not another rock has hit the side. Very happy.

I did the KM3's for the look of them and also knew I wanted 37's and they run a bit smaller than say the Nitto's. KM3's are a MT and the Nitto's are an AT. Really would have liked the Nitto ride, but for the look and the fit I went KM3. On a side note, I fit the 37-KM3's on with no lift too!

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have run Duratrac and KM3 on my Tacoma, both are great and I am sure the Ridge Grappler is too. New tires always feel great but comparing them to a set of old warn out tires isn't fair so who knows, I don't change out new tires...

Personally I like the KM3s

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the the KM3's on 37's. I took off the OEM tires off at 29 miles and could hear the rocks hit the truck during the short drive from the dealer to the tire shop. Once I put the KM3's on and 700 miles later not another rock has hit the side. Very happy.

I did the KM3's for the look of them and also knew I wanted 37's and they run a bit smaller than say the Nitto's. KM3's are a MT and the Nitto's are an AT. Really would have liked the Nitto ride, but for the look and the fit I went KM3. On a side note, I fit the 37-KM3's on with no lift too!
Any rub? Or any mod besides the bumper for them to fit?

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BUY the Nitto Ridge Grappler I love them
Thank me later

OP
OP
NoloBronco

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Do you care to share some pics of the set up. I was thinking of 37’s as well as I have already put on the front leveling kit. If you have them with no lift this might be a perfect fit.

OP
OP
NoloBronco

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 37" KM3s, but either are an improvement over the stock sasquatch tires. I love the KM3s and had them on my old 4Runner as well, but they are pricey. I've heard a lot of good things about the Nittos as well. Either would be a good choice IMO. Something I'm always mindful of when buying tires is weight. The heavier the tire, the more rotating mass and therefore, more strain on the drivetrain.

Ford Bronco KM3 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler Nov 2022 4

Ford Bronco KM3 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler Nov 2022 4
Thank you sir….and Go Vols!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any rub? Or any mod besides the bumper for them to fit?
It’s was kind of weird as I was going to put on a 1.25 Bora spacer to give it the look I wanted, however it look about a week to show up and during that stock 350 mile week i had no rubbing that i noticed.

However after the 1.25 spacer was added i did have a little rub on the tub steps on both sides, but that was minor and was easy to fix with a heat gun. Also on the driver side at articulation it rubbed in the wheel well next to the tube step. that was also easy as their is just a 4" thick chunk of plastic that was easy to trim and heat the liner with the heat gun and push in an inch.

You just reminded me I need to take more pics too :). The side shots are before spacer and the one with the top off is after spacer when I was getting some PPF installed.

BF66D2B0-E329-44F3-BC41-64DCC3988480.jpeg

0634526A-00B1-4F25-B723-8857787389DB.jpeg

FE28A9A4-B949-4092-AC02-724B15EF47F3.jpeg

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. Do you care to share some pics of the set up. I was thinking of 37’s as well as I have already put on the front leveling kit. If you have them with no lift this might be a perfect fit.
Just posted the pics! I’m also wanting a small lift/level, but as I have the Hoss 3.0 I’m having to wait for a good perch/puck to get developed.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking for some input from those that have upgraded to KM3 or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Are they still slinging rocks? Ride quality vs GY MT Territory…etc. I am looking to upgrade to one of these going with 35/12.50/17 on my Badlands SAS.

Please share your opinions, also open to other manufacturers.
Km3s are the best.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco KM3 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler FE28A9A4-B949-4092-AC02-724B15EF47F3

Ford Bronco KM3 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler FE28A9A4-B949-4092-AC02-724B15EF47F3
Which front bumper is that?
Sponsored