Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait... Did you get a call? I got radio silence since the email this morning stating "when" it comes in 😞
No call, Stephen B is off today, but I called to ask how much it was going to cost me for the fob for when I come up. I am going, one way or the other even if I have to sit on it until they prep it
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No call, Stephen B is off today, but I called to ask how much it was going to cost me for the fob for when I come up. I am going, one way or the other even if I have to sit on it until they prep it
There's this Burger IM spot down the road. Pretty solid burgers if you're looking to kill time. hahaha

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would literally be doing the same thing if Brewster weren't two states away

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you've had your Bronco for what feels like forever in my eyes. How are you still liking it? I know these feelings change over time. Have they veered towards positive or negative?
Do you miss the G wagen
I love my Bronco. It's been 10 days since I've laid eyes on it and 3 more to go until I get to see it again. :(

I miss the g-wagen. It may have been an abusive relationship towards the end, but it's a special truck like no other.

Biggest complaint against the Bronco is the turbo engine. I miss the linear response of a N/A and the sound of a V8. Power is plenty with the 2.7TT, but experience is lacking.

The 2 are very different. Imagine an end-of-the-world/bug-out/natural disaster/war scenario.
The g-wagen feels like a vault, or a tank. You feel like you could easily drive through whatever is blocking you without damage. The Bronco, on the other hand, exudes agility. It wants to dodge, side-step, and out run the threat.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love my Bronco. It's been 10 days since I've laid eyes on it and 3 more to go until I get to see it again. :(

I miss the g-wagen. It may have been an abusive relationship towards the end, but it's a special truck like no other.

Biggest complaint against the Bronco is the turbo engine. I miss the linear response of a N/A and the sound of a V8. Power is plenty with the 2.7TT, but experience is lacking.

The 2 are very different. Imagine an end-of-the-world/bug-out/natural disaster/war scenario.
The g-wagen feels like a vault, or a tank. You feel like you could easily drive through whatever is blocking you without damage. The Bronco, on the other hand, exudes agility. It wants to dodge, side-step, and out run the threat.
Interesting. Super interesting. I guess thats your take in comparing the two. I'm coming from a car to a truck/suv, fully knowing I'm giving up maneuverability due to the different form factor. But you seem to suggest the Bronco is more sprightly than I'm giving my brief test drive with it, credit for

That's a good thing. I don't like effing around on the highway. I was born and raised in NY, so aggressive driving is in the DNA. Need a vehicle that can keep up

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh man... cutting it close.

Just got an email, basketball season is starting, son has first clinic 11:30-12:30 on Nov 13th...
2nd son has last soccer game same day at (you guessed it!) 11:30-1230...
Bronco window delivery date starts on Nov 11th...

Will I have the Bronco in time to resolve my conflict? Or will this be the final kick in the nuts for deciding to sell my car over a year ago???

Bets are starting at $10.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what made you go baja design vs diode dynamics?

I really want to install fog lights as well, but am no expert by any means, so am just trying to see what'll be best. Plus I gotta let Santa know what I want for Christmas soon. :LOL:

if it matters, my use case is mostly for road. So I def want yellow for the contrast. the bright whites aren't totally necessary, but I guess it's a package...
Sorry - missed this earlier. I chose BD (back then) because they had the kit for the Mod bumper, and they were well-respected. I did the SAE Amber fogs, along with white spots and wide cornering lights (I think - it has been a while) Adam at 4x4 was great, price was great.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that was a conversation I did not expect. Called Chapman to see if I could get it today (had not heard from first guy about cost of lost fob - $229 if you are interested)

Anyway, he said "Maybe we can fit you in next week to pick up your Bronco". I was like WTF, I was thinking today. He said, "We have a lot of these to check in, do PDI and detail, so it will be a while" . I said look, I have shoulder surgery coming up that got cancelled from last week, so I need to do this before I can't drive, and I want to take drive it this weekend to see my new grandson in DC, so I was thinking more like 'what time today'

He said, we'll see if we can get a day when I have both finance managers in this week sometime, and I said I don't need finance, so no worries. Not doing a trade, just turning in the lease over with the Jeep guys and coming over and handing you money for the Bronco.

This is not going according to plan. Where is George Peppard when I need him. Right now I seem to be closer to the B-Team. I even told him there were a bunch of those other Broncos that could wait :cool: Check and see if they were on this thread, and if not, they go to the back of the line!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1635868692445

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, that was a conversation I did not expect. Called Chapman to see if I could get it today (had not heard from first guy about cost of lost fob - $229 if you are interested)

Anyway, he said "Maybe we can fit you in next week to pick up your Bronco". I was like WTF, I was thinking today. He said, "We have a lot of these to check in, do PDI and detail, so it will be a while" . I said look, I have shoulder surgery coming up that got cancelled from last week, so I need to do this before I can't drive, and I want to take drive it this weekend to see my new grandson in DC, so I was thinking more like 'what time today'

He said, we'll see if we can get a day when I have both finance managers in this week sometime, and I said I don't need finance, so no worries. Not doing a trade, just turning in the lease over with the Jeep guys and coming over and handing you money for the Bronco.

This is not going according to plan. Where is George Peppard when I need him. Right now I seem to be closer to the B-Team. I even told him there were a bunch of those other Broncos that could wait :cool: Check and see if they were on this thread, and if not, they go to the back of the line!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1635868692445
Well that's unexpected 😳

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the fuck is this next week bullshit?
Spray it with a hose, check for damage and get it to us!
I have my own financing, in and out! 🤬
Yeah, I don't need it detailed - I have CQuartz waiting at home after I clay bar it.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Super interesting. I guess thats your take in comparing the two. I'm coming from a car to a truck/suv, fully knowing I'm giving up maneuverability due to the different form factor. But you seem to suggest the Bronco is more sprightly than I'm giving my brief test drive with it, credit for

That's a good thing. I don't like effing around on the highway. I was born and raised in NY, so aggressive driving is in the DNA. Need a vehicle that can keep up
It's all relative?
It's the driver, not the car? ;)

The g-wagen was agile, but felt top heavy. It constantly felt like it would flop on it's side. The game was to manage the weight transfer. Get the top to swing over and compress the outer springs as smoothly as possible, without rebound, and it would go fast enough. It took a lot of concentration, precise input, and not listening to that inner voice telling you it was going to flip over, but you could get it to move down the road. Problem is there was no room for emergency maneuvers. Hard breaking and turning did not feel possible. Crashing through whatever is in front of you felt like the safer path.

My first car had a lot of body roll. It was common to get it to lift the inside rear wheel. I've had it on 2 wheels and used to jump all the bridges and RR crossings with it.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1635869337024

Nothing like my lowered Corvette with re-valved Bilsteins and poly bushings.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1635869776157

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1635869798697

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

G wagon equals Jerome Bettis
Bronco equals Barry Sanders? Like that analogy?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

G wagon equals Jerome Bettis
Bronco equals Barry Sanders? Like that analogy?
🤷‍♂️
Is that football? Like line backer vs receiver?
The names sound familiar.

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the Ford pizza tracker down for anyone??

My 6G tracker shows a delivery date of today with the other dates reverting back to the 1/1/1980.
So hoping that means it was delivered today? Primary status on 6G shows delivered too.

sent an email to my dealer hoping to hear back that its there. Curious what my pizza tracker says
Sponsored