Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@AngryAgain Ok so I didn't get a selfie. But I did take a glamour 360 of her. I'm super happy with the tire size I went with. And the blacked out OBX wheels came out better than I even planned.
Tomorrow I continue the blackout mod by swapping the silver pony for a black one and taking off the OBX sticker

Video can be found below in my cloud. Recorded it in UHD so it's too large to upload here.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgqoBT21YPQ1y4geSETNvvdRvky2tw
Are they the same factory tires?
Sponsored

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is my base on 285/70r17s. No lift and I really like the stance and height now. Last thing I have to do before I take a pause for holiday expenses is get tints bc I can’t stand the windows

I know some of you all might not be big fans for the raised white lettering but I have always loved the look on my jeeps and other off-road trucks.

990C48E4-5CD4-485E-97E2-52D85644FEAE.jpeg

00709B9C-52B5-44ED-AD5E-1ACAFDEF2951.jpeg

8E7D4207-FB92-445F-A63D-DAA80E812D9E.jpeg

D15F2181-9576-4F71-9276-0C9004117AEE.jpeg
the lettering takes the attraction away that you are missing your hubcaps 🤣

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Rob1135ny

You know it's a fair question. Would a cop. Would you before you retired... accept that excuse?
I think most cops give tickets subjectively. Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think cops should be strictly by the book and show no bias whatsoever. I feel the same way with judges but I guess until we are cyborg beings, that's asking too much
I wouldn’t pull someone over unless they were 15 mph over the limit. I fell like that was a fair amount over.

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You youngsters crack me up, I've known that since 1987....may have even got me out of a ticket or two....
"oh damn, yeah I just put bigger tires on officer, would that mess up my speedometer? 🤷‍♂️" 😁

My problem here is, this is 35's from the factory, did the geniuses at MAP fuck up the calibration? 🤬
Yes

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did you get it to work?
Yes. 3 taps, 2 different buttons, and it started.
There is a little delay to the start, and if you click a 4th time, or maybe hold the button??? it cancels the sequence and doesn't start.

So, I was doing it wrong by not clicking the first button (i think it's the lock)
and also by being impatient. weird...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a question, wonder if anyone else has noticed.

I don't trust my phone and the Waze app for speed. But it's always seemed pretty close. Yet when I drive the Bronco, the digital speedometer is always 2 MPH higher than Waze. And actually seems close to being 1 MPH higher than the analog speedo. Wondering if anyone else has noticed the same?

Guess I need to do more research to see who is correct.
I recall noticing a speedometer discrepancy.
I guess it's a Sasquatch thing?

You wouldn't understand...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t pull someone over unless they were 15 mph over the limit. I fell like that was a fair amount over.
Generous.
If I'm pushing 15 over, I'm very alert for cops and would understand getting pulled.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
is anyone getting a lock for their rear wheel? Is it really necessary? I mean, it is just kinda hanging out there.

I'm not so concerned with the wheels attached to the car. But that spare seems pretty simple to screw three lug nuts off of and walk away with.

Also, do the patterns in the wheel locks vary? And if not, doesn't that defeat the effectiveness? All someone need is the key, which seems pretty readily available?

Also also, where do you store the key? In the car? That has a soft top that the windows can literally be velcro'd off? You'll kind of need it if you're out and get a flat.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is anyone getting a lock for their rear wheel? Is it really necessary? I mean, it is just kinda hanging out there.

I'm not so concerned with the wheels attached to the car. But that spare seems pretty simple to screw three lug nuts off of and walk away with.

Also, do the patterns in the wheel locks vary? And if not, doesn't that defeat the effectiveness? All someone need is the key, which seems pretty readily available?

Also also, where do you store the key? In the car? That has a soft top that the windows can literally be velcro'd off? You'll kind of need it if you're out and get a flat.
I imagine most anyone stealing your spare wouldn't be deterred by a wheel lock (lug).

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I imagine most anyone stealing your spare wouldn't be deterred by a wheel lock (lug).
right. that's what I was thinking.

My wife was more the 'you need to do this' vs me. But that's also who she is compared to me.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
right. that's what I was thinking.

My wife was more the 'you need to do this' vs me. But that's also who she is compared to me.
I got the wheel locks as a deterrent, especially for the spare. its correct that a determined theif will get them no matter what, but they can take the whole Bronco as well, i suppose. im deterring the opportunist or vandal. I watched a youtube a while back with a guy testing different methods to cut, break or force locking lugs off and was impressed - it was one of those "so you lost your key and need to remove your tires" tip videos like that lock picking guy... It takes some work.

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Generous.
If I'm pushing 15 over, I'm very alert for cops and would understand getting pulled.
That’s partially the reason! People understanding why they are getting pulled over…

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the wheel locks as a deterrent, especially for the spare. its correct that a determined theif will get them no matter what, but they can take the whole Bronco as well, i suppose. im deterring the opportunist or vandal. I watched a youtube a while back with a guy testing different methods to cut, break or force locking lugs off and was impressed - it was one of those "so you lost your key and need to remove your tires" tip videos like that lock picking guy... It takes some work.
where do you keep your key? Next to the jack? That's where I'd end up putting it. Gotta need it if there's ever a flat...

And yeah, I agree. They're probably more a opportunist deterient vs a pro.

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mean ford didn’t offer them!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored